Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G / Freedom Unite Tavern

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    ayt gimme a sec

2. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    can't get in. it has to be my router since it auto magically shuts off the wifi randomly :(

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Or it's one of those days where we can never connect. That happens 70% of the time :\

4. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    yeah. could be one of those "lucky" days too :( let's try again later. i gotta get lunch

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Lol it's right at dinner time where I am. No wonder it's so hard to meet up. Alright take care!

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #1726 L.Lawliet, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Wow. Went to fight the first Khezu for the cat quests and got x1 pale steak! Just what I needed for the Devil Slicer. You guys are right about this game. Right when you forget about the items you want, they appear.

I also noticed if I upgrade Tigrex to the Narga sword, it requires no brainstem. It looks really tempting but I'd rather keep the Tigrex sword as for the Narga sword I have all the items I need except for one stem. I'd rather not lose a weapon to get that sword.

Edit: 70k???? WTF. I barely have 5k with me on average..

7. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    For easy money get armor with luck booster (genprey U gets it with some gems) and do the two colours of meow event quest.

You get bronze, silver and gold eggs, which sell for 1000, 10,000(I think) and 20,000 respectively.

I know how you feel, all this high rank shizzle costs 40k+

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh I've been doing that one but 70% no eggs :/

But thanks for the armor tip. That sounds like a perfect idea. Hopefully I cam make the armor and gems. Often those gems have rare missing materials from high level monsters.

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Nope. The fate gems just require the jewel and an egg.

You have to spend eggs to make eggs, as the famous saying goes. Except with money. Not eggs.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahh actually I spent an hour getting materials for the earliest fate set. I believe it was the Giadrome set? Anyhow it did help! I got 1 silver and 1 gold in each of my 2 runs I tried it in :) Probably should've did that sooner lol.

Btw does anyone know how to change the background for my guild card? Or does it "update" itself automatically after certain requirements. 170 hours in and I still have a wooden board background...

11. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I don't know what you have to do, but all of a sudden mine became blue.

So it does it automatically once you do something.

12. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    It depends on how many quests you have cleared (repeated quests don't count).

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ah damn thanks. So I guess because I've been doing 90% of required quests, I haven't done enough to change it. Weird to think that I haven't done that many unique quests. I guess I'll go back to the elder and start doing some of the easier stuff. Apparently I just fought the Yian Garuga for the first time today since I've never needed to fight him before lol.

14. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Haha yeah he is supposed to prepare you for rathian.

It's funny how he is a mix between kut ku and rathian though.
    Some weird breeding must have happened along the evolutionary line lol

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh yeah that guy is a weird one. I think his parents must have went romeo and juliet and slept with each other. Or the Rathian seduced the Kut Ku who was too dumb to know any better. Rathalos must have been pissed when he found out. Once he realizes that the son isn't really his, Garuga is going to have to flee to MH5 to survive his wrath.

16. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    Urgh, ever felt like the weakest link?
    Today I had an online quest with another HR1 (real beginner). Dealing with a Shogun Ceanataur was alright, there was only carting once. I tried to wait for the other player to come back. He surprised me by setting a trap and tranquilizing the monster. Good job!

Things went awry when an HR2 and an HR6 joined and then the HR2 picked the 4-starred Tigrex quest. The HR1 joined because... well I believe he did not know what to expect. I joined because... well I am optimistic :p

Anyway things start as they should, with the beginner starting to hit the Poppo and all. All the others run to area 6.
    And that's when... I try to buff the party and hit the Tigrex from time to time. The others are not doing so well. The HR1 gets carted once. I get the combo "Roar & Charge" and get carted as well. A few moments later it is all over.

I can handle myself most of the time. But I did not feel so good when carted there: I should have kept my distance instead of trying to help.
    I had to leave the guild right after but in the few moments when we were back, the despair gesture was not enough to represent the feelings I had.

The game is so punishing at times. :(

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I don't think dying once means you're the weakest link. Even the best get knocked off guard at times. It happens :) I get frustrated A LOT on this game mainly on solo missions. I'm not too amazing myself.

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Just at times?

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Always. :D

20. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    Just my being delusional... of course always :D

Lawliet I've read your frustration posts in this thread so I get what you mean. Thanks for the support and for sharing.