Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G / Freedom Unite Tavern

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Lockhart

Lockhart Active Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Cashier
    Ca, USA
    Time and place!

EP CAN FIND THE TIME TO CORRECT GRAMMAR BUT NOT HELP ME KILL THIS FLAME CROCODILE. :b

Any one up to kill this AKANTOR?

2. animeADDICT

animeADDICT Active Member

Jul 15, 2014
    #1362 animeADDICT, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    I'm up for any quests if anyone needs a hand
    HR7

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Spelling. :D

And my 9-month old son was awake earlier and couldnt play when you asked for help. Y'know... Daddy duties. LOL.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sorry Varo. I hate it when that happens. I saw you run into the wall and then then the Khezu was so afraid of you it hid on the ceiling and never came down :p

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow I must be on a fail streak. Went to play the elder mission with 2 diablos and ran out of time. So far I've lost the last 5 quest I've played totaling in about 5 wasted hours.. No valuable items from any of the quests.

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Anyone available for HR6 Akantor? I'm reeeeaaally getting frustrated with that guy

7. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    Make a room ;)

8. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    ayt gimme a sec 11082009

edit: room up

9. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    I can't get in again, new room: 63312
    I have time for one more ;)

10. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    thanks Mass, you da man! ayt entering room

Attached Files:

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
  12. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    #1372 cooltea, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    Greetings to the tavern

Hey!

I try to participate in the Monster Hunter game thread. I have a few questions about online questing that I would like to ask here.

Would you guys quest with HR < 3? (am still HR1 but the question is meant in a general way) I've read about Exact-Psience taking an HR1 by the hand all the way to HR...

This happened to me more than once: A quest starts with multiple hunters and at some point all the others disappear, leaving me alone against the monster, preferrably one that's for more highly ranked. By now I can assume that I got disconnected, but it's happened to me about 33% of the times which I think is rather frequent. How often does this happen to you? I am playing at home using a connection which I believe is okay (no disconnection that I can notice). Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Is there a way to contact hunters with which things went well? I have given my guild card about ten times but never got one in return. Is that supposed to help with the matter of connecting with other hunters? What do you get when others give you their card?

I tried to give Mega potions while questing to a hunter low on health. I've only realized afterwards that you need to be close to him/her so that they can get the item. The other hunter never got to me (being too busy running after the monster). Have you ever done that?

I am not especially looking for high-ranked hunters to help me get there but just find people with whom I can improve: it's okay to take the time doing gathering and HR1 quests, only I'd like to do this with reliable hunters. What's your method for achieving this? I wish it were not based purely on luck.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Well generally no one quits in the middle of a match so 95% of the time it's disconnection. However I DO quit if I figured out I equipped wrong or there's no chance of winning. However, it's easy to tell there's a disconnect when everyone leaves 1 by 1 (or at the same time) or the monster freezes or your teammates start running into a wall.

Basically, it's a waste of time to join and then quit unless you know you'll fail. But since you're travelling with stronger hunters I doubt they'd quit on you.

You can't contact people (unless in a room with them) or help them join you. The guild card is just a friendship card that tracks stats. Generally you'll take them / give them to people you play with a lot. For instance, I only have cards for pretty much everyone in this TA thread. Having them won't link you better to my knowledge. You'll always get into a random room by choosing random rooms.

Think of giving consumption items as in real life, they have to approach you to get it and you can't throw them.

Me and some others would be happy to help you though there's only a few elite hunters here that can hand hold you to HR9. Not many people can do that and neither can I. But people can play with you if you ask nicely (and here they're pretty friendly). If you want a quick rank up HR1-4 are generally pretty quick imo but after that you'll need an elite hunter or a big party. And gathering quests you can do easily on your own since those missions can be beaten quickly just by turning in the PAW PASS when you're finished :)

14. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    yes of course! but hand holding to HR9 as Law said, well I'm only HR7 so...

15. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    For contacting people after your game is done you can always create a group on lobo and invite them to your group so if you wanna contact them later you'll just post on that group. About giving potions during the game, I know this works at guild hall but I'm not sure if it works while you're on a quest when someone gives something to another hunter, the other hunter can select receive from game menu and get the item from there. This way you don't have to be near.

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hand holding past HR6 is BAD. LOL...

Basically, you need to study monsters pre G-rank. G-Rank is just brutal... If you think High Rank is a jump in difficulty from Low Rank, you're in for a treat in G-Rank.

This is one reason why the elder and nekoht solo quests are only equivalents of Low and High Rank. G-Rank in MHFU/MHP2G was originally meant for multiplayer balance, and eventually players learned how to solo them.

If i remember correctly, there was no high rank in MHF and MHF2. Only regular quests, then G-rank, which was only High Rank in terms of MHFU's equivalent.

When you get to G-rank, you need to know how to preserve health, trying not to get hit as much as possible, and you have low and high rank to do that. Going into g-rank while being too dependent on multiplayer is suicide LOL.

That said, i would be glad to help anyone and just walk them through low and high ranks. :)

I expect to contribute to the effort in G-Rank... At least i hope that's what's going to happen :)

17. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Anyone for HR7 Khezu and/or Plessy?

18. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    I'll be available in an hour.

19. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member