Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G / Freedom Unite Tavern

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Still no luck here. :p

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sigh I guess we can try again some other time. Thanks though :(

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Yeah.. thanks for trying too. Hopefully this gets sorted out, or we can find a working solution at least.

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I dont think Capcom cares tbh. The game is probably selling pretty well and the online wasn't a big factor in the original release so people probably aren't pulling up pitchforks over it since the pros probably solo'd most of the time. I don't think Capcom is known for updating their apps unless there's an online freemium game that's not making them money :l

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Great... spent 48 minutes in a long drawn out battle with the Red Khezu with ultra lucky cat on and still no steak. I don't think I can farm him since he has soooooo much HP. I can't fast attack him since he has OHKO moves. sigh. I just want ONE steak Khezu. ONE.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #1266 Exact-Psience, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    ^What Hunter Rank are you at right now?

And what's the name of the weapon you are using?

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm at HR 6. I actually haven't bothered with any ranking quests because I want the Tigrex armor first and the True DS LS. Tigrex is a matter of finding the right people to beat it with (maybe need to win 3-4 more times) and Red Khezu is a matter of pure luck AND finding people who want to do a loooong boring fight equivalent of Lao fight - and end up with nothing.

Oh and that Khezu fight earlier, I would have lost without a trap. I trapped him 3 times. The last one finally sent him down. He wasn't weak enough the first 2 times. I definitely did not do as much damage as I wanted. I was really afraid I'd fail. Though technically I failed by spending 1 hour to get nothing.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #1268 Exact-Psience, Aug 6, 2014
    Wait... Are you still using a Devil Slicer???????????

DOOD, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY UNDERPOWERED!

Do you have access to White Monoblos (Nekoht)? You can farm him for Weiss Crescent for a decent water element weapon. That should help you farm Red Khezu faster as RKhez is weak to water.

Another option is if you already have unlocked the Great Hornfly Saber in the shop which has high raw and a decent blue sharpness.

Better if you have been playing Nekoht's quests and have access to Garuga longsword coz that deals better damage than Great Hornfly Saber, and has a bit of poison status added in as well.

You should be able to cut your farming speed significantly with any of these weapons.

Tigrex Armor is also a bad choice if you are getting hit by Khezu's lightning attacks coz you will be weak to thunder element.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    LOL oh man reality check huh!

I thought the Devil Slicer was supposed to be strong since it took so long to get those materials :\

I'm actually in the last area of Elder quests. Spent all my time in the guild hall. I just got the Rathalos Soul armor with the Attk Up+3 (I mentioned in the other thread). Though its defense is pretty mediocre since it's a Elder quest armor.

I see great hornfly but I'm missing a lot of items for it (vespoid inner wing and monster broth). Looks like I'm pretty behind actually lol.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #1270 L.Lawliet, Aug 6, 2014
    So I looked up those items and found you can get them in the Vespoid queen mission. SO PISSED. Spent nearly an hour on that poisoning and getting not very much. Finally I got to the queen and she was deceptively hard. Vespoids are my most hated enemy next to the Tigrex and this was like a nightmare. They all just kept swarming me and I ran out of flash bombs. Died THREE times to the queen. Twice to her stupid piss attack with gigantic range and the 3rd was a combination of vespoid paralyzing me at the right time, then me getting pissed on losing 95% of my health. I frantically run and the 4 vespoids in the room chased me down. I didn't even have time to sheathe my weapon to get food. Utter bullshit. I hate them so much. Can't believe I spent nearly an hour and didn't beat it. That queen is cheap. How is it the vespoids have almost no health and she has ridiculous health and x50 times the damage of 1 vespoid.

What pisses me off the most is that I have to spend 20 minutes running around the map (actually running around blind without a map) looking for vespoids until I can get to the queen. It's even more annoying than the Red Khezu.

Edit: Tried again and lost. Another 1 hour down the drain.

Seriously, I'm thinking she's almost equal to a Tigrex. I do NOT know how you solo her. Even with my health boosted to max, she's so cheap it's insane. She has a homing attack that strikes you if you're near her automatically. And ALL her attacks decrease your defense permanently? So basically once you get hit, you're screwed. And when I lost for the last time, she must have did some super move because she OHKO'd me with 100% health. And she never even was able to do that earlier. Wtf. What am I missing??? I spawned, ran over to her to attack, got hit and fell over. And don't get me started with the Vespoids. I had almost 20 poison bombs. Useless. Their range is so small that they missed half the time. And even when they were on target, the vespoids respawn after about 20 seconds. They just keep poking at you little by little. And to top that off, the freaking queen has ridiculous mobility. She's not even a wyvern. I LITERALLY respawned from death, full health, run up into the hide out and run around for 5 minutes with NO hit landed on her because she stares at me and just 360s me the entire time. She only stops rotating to attack and then that window opens for only a few seconds before she has her lock on stab attack. Time was running out so even if I didn't die, I'd have lost anyways. Stupid freakin bug. I can't even heal in that room. Once your health is low you have no time to heal because either the vespoids will poke you (to stop you from healing or paralyze you) or the queen will get to you. They look slow but they're near as fast as a Tigrex. I ran all the way across the room to heal and the queen flew over and whacked me so basically I lost all my health I just healed + more.

Sorry for the rant. I actually haven't been this upset since I lost to the Tigrex 4 times in a row. And I think Vespoids and the queens are the UGLIEST, GROSSEST things in the entire game. They make me so sick that it makes me more upset they keep killing me. It's like a pile of turd that won't go away.

To sum it up, I don't think I can get that weapon you suggested. It seems every good weapon leaves at least one item near impossible to get. I got the vespoid items which were incredibly long and tedious to get but Monster Broth is almost as hard to get as the steak from a Khezu... and I need 5 of them...

Whoops Edit 3:
    So apparently in MHF you can make broths using monster fluid (a super rare item that is as common as a herb compared to the broth) and bitter bug. So you can't in MHFU? That's such bs. Like they wanted to make it harder to get it same thing for editing the Iron Katana upgrades to need more items. Were the guys in the room talking one day and saying "hey, lets make this even harder than it already was?"

End anti-Vespoid anti-broth rant

11. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Anyone available? I need help with the black diablos and black gravios HR6

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I'm available.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Have fun guys. I'm too frustrated with this game.

[​IMG]

14. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    I'll make a room. Join in a minute

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Why?

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Read the ridiculously long post on the previous page... not sure how you missed it lol.

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I read it before the edits.

18. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    @ Varo: Thank you for the help man!
    @Lawliet: that's ok dude. I think that damn frustration then finally beating it is part of the game. Yep i think we've all been there. Personally, i fought and lost to Lao more that 12x. One was 4games in a row, the other was 3 and others were twice in a row or just once. Maaaan that was really frustrating and disappointing too.

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    We didn't stand a chance against the Black Gravios though :(

And I had problems with the Tigrex and the Lao urgents, and previously on the PSP with the Cephadrome. I was stuck there for weeks until I gave up and went back to Tekken 6.

20. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Good for hunts in a couple of hours. Hope anyones on specifically Law. I just read your extremely long post man. Jesus christ. Thats all i have to say lol. Hoping you'd be on later so i can help you out as much as i can.