Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G / Freedom Unite Tavern

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    New one: 61626

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    You guys still playing? I'm free now.

3. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    yup, can you join?

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Give me the room number. What missions are you playing?

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    What happened? I had that Tigrex under control :(

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Sorry. My Tigrex armor was weak. I upgraded it to 250ish defense and Tigrex one shotted me. The only way we'd have beaten that is if I did nothing the entire time.. I'll try and get back in again.

Btw, I need a LOT of Tigrex claws so if you can, aim for his claws.

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Hit and run style might help you with that. Just punish moves with long recovery and forget about the rest.

And unless we get to trap him I can't aim for his claws. The lvl3 will only make him stagger when it hits his head, otherwise he'll recover sooner than me.

I have time for one more quest. Create the room and I'll join.

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
  9. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Gaaah, i wanna help but im extremely occupied atm. Damn it =\

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm not sure what his long recovery moves are. Even with my full rage mode he won't stagger unless I give enough damage overall which makes LS for fast enemies / Tigrex especially hard. A hit and run would consist of 1 slash for me which is pretty worthless.

@GDMT: Thanks for the thought. We had some good runs with the Tigrex minus my snowball fail..... grrr... nightmares.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Not a single hit is worthless no matter the damage dealt!!! If that was the case there would be no point in facing enemies like the Gravios which make all hits bounce until you break his belly.

But anyway, guess what? Yup that's right, I can't join :(

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    You make a room this time?

Well for Gravi I bounce 2-4 each time before a retreat. Tigrex... 1 hit --> run for 1 minute ---> one hit. Sounds pretty terrible to me. The pros are mad good but I'm not a pro. I can't time his attack windows perfectly :(

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I'm on the phone so I can't switch apps. I'll make 64312 and try joining within 3 mins from this post.

14. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
  15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Since you have to go, lets just call it quits here. I'll have to switch armor next time. I tried upgrading + max health on Tigrex armor but it's still pretty useless on a Tigrex.

Thanks for trying. As usual, I figure 3 people on Tigrex makes more sense when there's 2. I can't output enough damage fast enough.

@GDMT: Thanks for the video. I'll have a look at it. Though I'm not much of a GL user lol.

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ah great video. I'll study it more closely so I can try and memorize the moves. But a lot of the cases it seems like I'd have died without block. I can't exactly hide under a Tigrex with a LS or block a shout :)

Thanks for the shout out at the end. That caught me by surprise :D too bad I'll always be Tigrex's b*tch :(

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Tigrex is a piece of cake compared with the Narga though.

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    He sometimes performs a third jump before taunting while in rage mode. He caught me off guard with that a couple of times.

19. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Lol yeah, figured that out as well. But the do's and dont's on Tigrex is pretty muchwhat you need to keep tabs on. So i think it'll help you out. Next il probably make a red khezu vid for ya.

Really? I never experienced that from Tiggy. Its usually a jump then charge or a double jump.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #1220 L.Lawliet, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Ah thanks man. Been watching your video. Don't worry about the Red Khezu. My only issue with him is that he has so much health the battle takes way too long with 1 person (so I can't grind for his items). And if I mess up it's a 1-hit kill but those are easier to dodge. I just hate spending so much time and losing so that's why I wait until someone can play with me so it'll speed it up :)

Tigrex is probably the enemy I hate the most right now. I did try that Lunestra (or whatever it's called) once and that battle completely confused me.

Funny I have most the items I need for the Tigrex set except fangs and claws. Sadly.