Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G / Freedom Unite Tavern

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im married. :D

But i'll play MH with you guys now if i can manage to join in.

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    [​IMG]

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^hahahahahahah!

4. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    I need help with the green plesioth so i can finally unlock the dual tigrex urgent. Anyone up for it?

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Sure, room?

6. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Ayt gimme a sec. Room 11082009

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im in the room, but you guys already left for the quest. i'll wait in the guild hall and join you in the next quests :)

8. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    When using LS against fast mobs, try using the side slash attack that backsteps. It helps plus you still get decent dps on them. And aim for the legs. That way when they fall down you can go crazy.

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I've been using that but the Tigrex is just too fast. I'm haven't mastered timing/dodge so even if I see him start the spin I'll never be fast enough to get away. The backstep slash is wonderful but I feel like you need to have a perfect spot for the Tigrex. He hits incredibly wide and the backstep doesn't pull you back too far. And then it's mainly his charges that kill me. Especially since he can charge twice in a row AND slide. If we're in a narrow space it's pretty much over for me since I have no blocks. I saw a pro on YT beat him in 5min ish and only got hit once or twice. But he knew every single move exactly to where he should move at the right time. I couldn't emulate that.

Btw, anyone still playing? I'd love to join. I can help people with quests or they help me with Tigrex/Khezu (if we have enough manpower).

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for the info! GS overall is just stronger imo because he can charge attack and stagger often. GS is great on the Tigrex because it can make the Tigrex flinch easily on a charge and then if you're in a bad spot, you could hit block to mitigate some damage. With LS, if you're in a bad spot, you're just going to get hit (and probably die). There's no backup plan for the LS lol.

However I didn't choose GS because I respect speed more on my characters. I had trouble adjusting to the pace of the GS. Maybe in another run through I'll probably pick GS since I'm not very good with ranged weapons.

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Damn connection went bad Varo. Wanna try again? I'll stay in the same room. I'll sit by my router.

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I also had problems with Edmilan and EP. Anyway, the battery is about to die and it's late here.

13. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #1053 Edmilan, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    OMG EP is a powerhouse! thank you again man, beating dual tigrex solo while i was running back always from dying, then Narga, and Rajang. Accidentally hit the go to quest button though
    EDIT: already left so room closed coz couldn't see EP there lol. will try to upgrade my hidden bow to a midnight bow

Attached Files:

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    :(

Sad I've never even seen a Narga or Rajang. I don't even think I can face them in my current state without EP. If EP was on my team I'd grind for all the items I could because it's like winning the lottery once a year.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^the thing with LS is that when you know when and where to attack, you never put yourself in a bad position as much you do with a GS.

16. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yo ep you still on? We gotta help Lawliet out.

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    If you're using the same room that you listed earlier, I haven't been able to find it :\

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #1058 Exact-Psience, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Yeah i was already disconnected after i went to get some drinks. Had fun helping you out though. Just so happened i was able to connect while wielding a gs which im most comfortable with.

19. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Varo, thanks for the huge help againste green plessy too. and that annoying gendrome. So Law, you on?

20. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    room is closed. who want to make a new room?