Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G / Freedom Unite Tavern

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 16, 2014.

1. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Thats 3 urgents to get to g-rank. Really troublesome to be honest.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #982 L.Lawliet, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    @Varo: I was trying to motion you to do the dual tigrex While we had a full party high off wins but then you went for the arena map lol. Any reason why you picked that one in particular?

Yeah I love taking selfies with my defeated prey :)

3. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Those Khezu steaks are going to be the end of me. Even with 3 people, we couldn't defeat the Khezu (and it has a LOT of health). with a 5% drop rate on the faqs, not sure how I'm going to be able to get this item. And I only need one :(

Thanks for the help guys.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    At that time I didn't even know I had that urgent unlocked and when I went to choose a quest I saw the special ones and said "why not?". I thought that mission was about facing all three monsters at once and that would be fun with all 4 players, but it wasn't like that :(

And the Khezu is easy, we just have bad luck :p

5. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Probably doing 3 khezu runs will land you a steak or 2. Just make sure you capture it to increase your chance of getting a piece. I think it goes from 5% to 8%. Not sure but its better than nothing.

Wait till you get to grank lol. Steaks will be the least item you'll need. Heavenly parts are a bitch.

6. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Man I need help with dual hypnos, I can't beat them alone.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah they are annoying when they are in the same area. Try to paint ball both so you can leave the area when they are in he same area, wait for one to leave, then you can comeback to whoever is left behind. Dont run after the first one who left even if that's the one you have damaged already, coz the second one will surely follow shortly.

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I've been hearing about heavenly parts. I dread ever doing that because I am already seeing the need to party up. I really can only solo 95% of elder missions. Guild missions I can probably solo 60%. Pretty big drop off.

Let me know when you are free! Hopefully you can help me out. It'll probably be easier when someone in the party has way better equips than the other :) Right now I'm probably right at about its level so I'm not overpowering him at all.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh and Varo or anyone else let me know if they want to hung dual Tigrex with me. I want to make their armor (and I'm sure many of you might want to as well). It'll take a while and I'm only so-so at fighting them. I'd love some help for this, Red Khezu aside.

10. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #990 Edmilan, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    Finally! It's been a while since i got online. Any rooms up?

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey! I'll make a room. Gimme a few minutes.

Hopefully it works today. As you know, it's usually hit or miss...

12. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Ayt mika, i'll wait

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I'm available, but wait a bit pls.

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Room: 20062021

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I totally wanna rape (figuratively) the Tigrex so I can kill them within minutes :p

I also totally just found out the pitfall traps are better for damage dealing. I noticed they stay pitted for a way longer time. I'm assuming it's also because there's terrain restrictions for using it?

16. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Ok gimme a minute. Hope me and Varo can get in

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    And because the monster moves a lot when he's trapped. I don't even try a lvl3 because most of the time I just fail.

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    What happened? I was doing very well :(

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I noticed you guys chopped off a tail by the time I got there.

Someone must have had bad connection. I saw the Tigrex and players teleporting all over the place till I died.

I'll be in the same room :)

20. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Yup, there are restrictions to it. Unlike the shock traps which can be placed on pretty much every spot while the pitfall trap can only be placed on grassy areas.

It works great with Rathalos and Rathian at forest and hills area. When they get to area 9, not in agro mode, quickly place the trap to the spot where they will land. It takes almost twice as long for them to stay trapped on the pitfall trap. You should try it.