Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G / Freedom Unite Tavern

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 16, 2014.

1. devilscorner

devilscorner New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    hey guys i just recently reached hr9, and can anyone help me unlock ukanlos

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I'd love to, but this stupid connection issues is preventing me from connecting to specific rooms.

It feels like im restricted to join specific rooms, but i could easily get into any of the default rooms but those are pretty random.

3. devilscorner

devilscorner New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    which one do you have the 2nd G or FU, anyways i got both of them but i always find it hard to enter rooms in 2nd G than FU

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I've got both, but i deleted p2G already.

5. Kangtakang

Kangtakang Member

Jan 21, 2014
    Help please!
    Multiplayer problem !
    I cant play with more than one player !
    At first i can play the game with my brother, it is pretty smooth, but then my friend want to play with us too, then the problem come up with all of us.
    One of us create the room, then one another can enter it, but the last player cant find the room so it popup the yes/no box at his ipad , no matter what he choose, it create the same room ( with the same number as the room created earlier) but there is no people in there then people at the earlier room ( the room has 2 people) are disconected
    We play in one wifi, no matter who create the room the problem all way come up
    Please help ! I really want to help my friend farm ! Thanks

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I only know that this is caused by some kind of desync, but I don't know anything else. There isn't a single solution. For me rebooting the game after having problems joining a room works MOST of the times, but some other times it doesn't work.

That said, I played some 3 and 4 players matches, so the only thing I can tell you is to keep trying.

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Is there a way to tell Lao's health?

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nope. Part of why multiplayer may backfire against a Lao. I've experienced only repelling a Lao because he never reached the final area back in PSP days.

We were dealing so much damage he was flinching every few seconds, either from his back, his stomach, or his head.

Proves i was a real noob back in the day too. :)

9. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Well, all i know is if you break everything from its body then it's pretty much close to dying. Using the dragonator or whatever it's called helps reduce a huge amount of hp as well when its close after an attack.

10. TouchNoodle

TouchNoodle Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Anyone around to help with Lao Shan? I keep helping folks and then they bail. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Also happy to do multiple times for others. Or help in other quests.

Thanks!

Room: 555000

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This room still up?

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    If anyone is free later to help with Lao on the HR4, let me know!

I wish I could get in a room with EP at least :p

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I won't be of much help, but I'm free right now...

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ah sorry I gotta go get lunch now! If you're in a few hours lets play then. I looked up some guides on youtube so I think I'll be much better prepared. Also they recommend making farcasters so we can avoid running past the tail when trying to head back to base.

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Nah, I give up on that guy.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Lao's one of the easiest monsters to take on, and his tail only has a left-left-right-right loop pattern.

While under his belly, wait for his right hind leg to take a step, then run either behind or in front of it, going outside to Lao's right (your left). Then, you should look at where the tail is... Is it in front of you? Or is it on the other side?

If it is in front of you (curved to Lao's right, your left), wait for it to move to the other side then as soon as it moves, RUN out. You shouldnt run out of stamina if you have a maxed out stamina until you can get past the tail range.

If the tail is NOT in front of you, WAIT til it is. You should only attempt to run just when the tail moves to the other side. Let me know if that isnt clear enough and i'll try to explain further. I have never gotten hit by his tail except maybe the very first time back on the psp, which i never even remember happening before.

I actually like playing vs Lao coz he's a less stressful yet rewarding hunt, albeit taking 20 minutes to complete. Once you know how to avoid the tail, he's cakewalk. His armor set looks cool, and the weapons you can make out of his parts are of the ever useful dragon element, and they look really nice too.

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    No problem with that. He only got me once in the last zone (and I don't even know how), but the extra health from the Felyne's food avoided a death. The problem is running out of time. I used all the barrels plus some others I've brought with me, the cannon of the last zone and also the crossbows, focused on his stomach, and nothing, and I'm tired of wasting all this time just for 3 crappy items from his back.

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Forgive me EP but I'm not understanding how he's one of the easiest. He does have boring, somewhat predictable moves but you make one mistake and almost all if not your entire health is gone. I think your opinion is different since you're way better at the game and you have more knowledge about monster movements than anyone. For an average person who doesn't have any experience fighting a G ranking monster or high ranks, he's pretty difficult. There's a LOT of threads online about asking how to beat him and plenty of videos. Though I can't seem to get any of the advice to work.

Not only is the battle long but if you don't dish enough damage you'll lose automatically. The battle is already inherently hard because you are fighting a monster with way way more health than normal.

Even watching others do it doesn't make it much easier and even I've only be able to land on his back once. I haven't found anything easy about him except the fact that he attacks super slow (but has a giant hit box - his tail can hit you when it's not even visible on the screen).

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I guess me and Varo will have to figure out how to beat that urgent quest. I tried going in rooms HR4-6 and EVERYONE that saw my quest just looked and left the room. Happened so many times I just gave up since finding rooms with people higher than HR1 are really rare.

Sigh. I'm glad we have nice TA members. I have a feeling a lot of those people don't care about playing anything that's below their level. They are obviously free and obviously know I need it to get to the next rank but they don't bother to help. It's sad. I had a 3 person room and they all left when they saw the quest.

20. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    His tail is fairly predictable. It swings slightly to the left then swings huge to the left again. Then same on the right. Like a slight-strong swing. Its hard to explain but you'll get it.

In 2 days i can help you guys out. Hopefully EP can jump in as well.