Universal MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nicodemus82, May 8, 2014.

1. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
  2. asd1234

asd1234 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    thanks. i'll wait to have a good wi-fi connection and then i'll give it a try

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Top Paid - 1st
    Top Grossing - 14th

Also I wonder if Capcom is against Android or something like that. Most (all?) of their games were iOS-only, and this one seems to be the same. Not like I'm complaining or anything, just curious.

5. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    The only part that is translated is the mission details, so I'm guessing Capcom is still in the process of translating items, materials, etc before making a global release.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not really. There's already Monster Hunter Freedom Unite which is the intl release of MHP2G on PSP, so it's mostly just porting everything into iOS.

7. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    This "Monster Hunter Freedom Unite For iOS" logo settles the agreement!!!! Why bother making a logo if you don't want to release it?? It even got 2014 in it.. I hope what I'm saying comes true......

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just finished the first gathering quest. The controls (especially for my favorite weapon, the greatswords) will need a little getting used to because of how they work now, but im really loving this port.

I will be glad to buy this again when MHFU gets released worldwide. Right now, this is definitely $22 well spent.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

I'd like to bite you in the leg and gnaw a little on it.
    Envy. Envy. Envy. ;)

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey guys a couple questions, how playable is this without knowing Japanese and can it be played offline?

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I figured out to change the title screen to MHFU, and the quest details to be in english, but i cant figure out how to change the equipment names which i saw in a screenshot in neogaf.

12. Citsade

Citsade Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    How did you change quest details to English??

13. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    The equipment names were english files from Monster Hunter Freedom unite. But how did you change quest detials to english?

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    They are in the file directory. Under the system folder there is "Localization" folder or something like that. I merely located where the original files are and replaced them, renaming the english files to be the same as the originals (removing the "_e").

15. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #75 imuddy, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    Did you do anything with the file Mission_eur? It seems these are the files for the missions.

And does anyone know how to turn on lock-on?

16. brujo5

brujo5 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Could you make a guide?

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... I renamed the folder called "Mission_jp" into "Mission_jp" to back the original up, and renamed the Mission_eu into Mission_jp. That way, when the game looks for the Mission_jp directory, it actually accesses the _eur directory, as both directories have the files in them in exactly the same filenames.

18. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    With all the en data one can hope they are still in the works of a global release. It is definitely playable especially for MHFU players but a full en release would definitely help a lot.

Either that or hope someone is working on a en patch.

19. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured it out too, before i even saw the post over at neogaf. Pretty simple really! :)

I'm pretty certain they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of making an English title screen if they weren't planning on a western release.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All you have to do is locate the folders mission_jpn and missions_eur and switch the names around. Then just locate any other English files with a "_e" at the end, take away that last part and copy/overwrite the original files.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^yup... that's exactly what i did. Cant figure out the equips though. My guess is to extract the PSP game iso, and get the files from there. Im not downloading another huge file for that though, so im just gonna go ahead and keep playing. :)