Universal MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nicodemus82, May 8, 2014.

1. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Going to try playing this again for the 3rd time. This should be a game i would get really into but i just seem to be terrible at it. Idk, hopefully the combat clicks this time for me.

2. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Hi, do you remember if MH freedom unite was released in japan first, or was it the same time for all countries? Just going through MH stories demo and it is soo kawaii, charming. Even if i don’t understand what is written at all. wish it wont get stuck because of some Nintendo business gimmicks..

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm pretty sure it came out in Japan first as I remember playing it in Japanese then switching to English later.

4. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    That’s promising
    You made my evening more enjoyable.

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I was contemplating getting a Japanese iTunes account for this very reason. But hopefully it will appear this month on the US App Store. I’m ready to get lost in MHS and FFXVPE!

6. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    It has such a late fall/ wintery/ fairy tale vibe imo. it would be great to see it still in december.
    Demo is pretty big, 2 hours in and still can go on (if i’d just know what to do next, map indicator is gone)

7. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Same here... I have Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS and it's SO MUCH FUN. I'd love to buy it again for mobile just so I could tinker/play when I don't have my 3DS with me. So much so that I started looking into getting a Japanese iTunes account too -- haven't done it yet though.

I speak and read a bit of Japanese (been studying for about 4 years), but not enough to get through MHS easily. I did buy Monster Hunter XX and Secret of Mana Collection for Switch when I was in Tokyo earlier this year -- I can get around okay, but I'm missing a lot of dialogue, heh.

Fingers crossed they port MHS to the US App Store -- they already have the localization for it - c'mon, Capcom! :D

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm also hoping for an English version soon. However the front page article about the Japanese release worries me. They mention that there's a possibility MHS will never come out in English.. :(

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Felt like a bit of nostalgia so I opened MHFU, but wasn't able to access the online guild hall, getting a communication error despite being logged into gamecenter...Is anyone else experiencing this or able to play online?

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just got in... Didnt try to get into gamerooms with anyone, but the chat was active.

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, since the English Dragon Quest VII port has not made it to the West yet, I fear Nintendo's translation of these games for the 3DS might keep them from appearing on the App Store for a while. So, I finally got a Japanese account. I followed some tutorials I found by Google searching and watching YouTube videos. Then I bought Japanese gift cards from JapanCodeSupply, but there are a ton of sites to get them. I've been getting by okay. After the story marker stopped appearing, I just started the board quests and hunting for new eggs. I've accidentally gotten rid of some monsters, and had to reload saves because I tapped the wrong thing. But other than that, it's been totally worth it. If Nintendo doesn't release these games for the publisher to put them on the Western App Stores, I may have to study Japanese so I can get Dragon Quest VII next!

12. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    SOLVED!
    I fixed my communication error by logging out of gamecenter (now found in settings only as Apple killed the GC app) and then back in, and reopening the game :)

13. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    It is currently the largest discount ever.:eek:

There is usually news of the new game after big discount events. Is the follow-up series finally coming? ;)

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My guess is it's something to get players into the Monster Hunter World for the PS4.

15. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Now they just have to update the game for the iPhone X screen, or better yet release MH3P or MH4U

16. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Is there cloud save for playing on multiple devices and is there quick save in missions?

17. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm totally hooked on Monster Hunter World. 85 hours in, and I feel like I'm just getting started on the meaty stuff!

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    No cloud transferring of saves. However, my save remained intact when I switched to a new phone and loaded an iCloud backup. And no, there is no quick save in missions. That would have been awesome if they added that when they ported it... but they did not. My guess is that it either just isn’t true to the series or just not easy to implement.

Also, for anyone hoping, I doubt this is a title that will ever get updated for iPhone X’s weird aspect ratio. I bought an X, but I don’t expect many publishers to make developers actually worry about updating older apps to fill the sides. If anything, they could add borders, but that wouldn’t really add any functionality. I kind of hate that this new iPhone screen aspect ratio brings an expectation to leave the industry standard of 16x9 and use 19.5x9. It just doesn’t make sense. Blowing up a 16x9 image on this screen just cuts the top and bottom off of it. That’s not worth filling in the sides of the screen.

19. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    #6539 Verse, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    I'm considering getting this, but noticed that the store page says:

"This application is compatible up to iOS 10.2. Unsupported devices may not run the game properly"

Does it even work on iOS 11.x ?

20. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Works fine.