Universal MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nicodemus82, May 8, 2014.

1. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    To me the control is actually pretty well done. Very workable. Can't exactly say the best but for a game like this it is prolly one of the best implementation out there. I will use the on screen control if play on phone. And would use mfi game pad if played on ipad. Not that it don't work on ipad. They works the same way. Just that ipad is much heavier and for Long session I find it more comfortable with gamepad that itit definitely takes a bit of practice and getting used to but should get the grip pretty fast if you are really into it

2. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    I am not sure if you are trolling. MH series is what that sells psp in Japan in the past and sold 3ds during the later.

3. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Just seconding what others have said: these are some of the best touchscreen virtual controls on iOS. If you're playing on a phone, I wouldn't bother with a controller. There is no issue with responsiveness, either. MHFU is more about timing, positioning and anticipation than twitch sensitivity in any case.

4. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I was more referring to the iOS version as I don't have a psp and haven't used my 3ds in forever. So I'm not really interested in those platforms. Thanks anyways though.

5. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    #6465 kopicha, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    A better solution, YouTube. :p I am pretty sure a video or two will answer all your questions. And I believe there are thousands of video for this already. Already got this game back during psp days. But still bought this again on iOS just to play with Friend on an ipad. You can spend $7 and buy 7 different $1 dollar game. This game likely still have more content than those 7 games combined. Mine you even IAPs on freemium games cost more than this game but has less content.

6. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    It's the same game. It's not a dumb down version. In fact it's graphically upgraded

7. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #6467 mzinn, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    I know it's probably covered over & over but so many pages to review & did not see it in a brief check.
    Just a quick question if this game is still fun & doable if you only play solo - no Co-op?
    Or will I eventually not be able to progress & beat monsters if I don't have a team in co-op

Thanks

8. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I'm 100% sure you can beat it solo without playing in co-op.

9. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    definitely doable in solo, but, that will be hard. just so you know.

10. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Thank you!

11. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Figured as much. Thanks!

12. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin

Your obviously a troll.. If you only want a game if it supports MFI, then it's pretty sad..
    Just my 2 cents..

13. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Who's trolling who, here? Troll, troll, troll...

I like the one with the pink hair. Anna Kendrick.

14. Lunacy182

Jun 20, 2012
    What? I don't own a mfi controller so why would I only want the game if it has mfi support? That makes no sense.

15. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    It's not 640+ pages of complaints. It's actually full of tips, help me's, how to's and join-my-game-to-advance-rank or kill fatalis. Yep I've been part of the thread since the start (edmilan, Sandwich in-game). And the controls are also spot on, which is one of the reasons a lot of people reached HR9 and beat the Fata trio and Ukanlos

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    640+ pages about how awesome the game is.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    And he's still not convinced? That's lunacy! :)

18. Lunacy182

Jun 20, 2012
    I just read in the comment section of the article that fights can last up to 20 min. I couldn't imagine staring at my phone for that long. I'm more of a short burst kind of gamer. Glad i read that before spending any money on this. Looks good for a console game though. Hopefully the will release a new version on switch or something.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Aaaaaaaand there it is. :D :D :D

Just so you know, it even reaches the 35-40 minutes in the latest part of the game where you need to hunt 3-4 monsters in one mission. :D

To be fair though, for the first 50 hours of the game are 10 to 15 minute missions on average, unless you arent really trying.

And once you get good at the game (MH titles are very player skill/knowledge-demanding) even the 30 minute missions suddenly become 10 minutes. But that usually starts to happen after you've invested 200 or so hours in. ;)

With the hours mentioned, i think it's also fair to point out that the game has loot and equipment in the thousands, which means that each hour spent even past the 500-hour mark is still not wasted as you can still get new items and equipment. I spent over 2500 hours between the PSP and the iOS versions (not including hours spent on other MH titles, this is just for MHFU across platforms), and im still playing, and still loving it. Not as much playtime as i used to, but i have clocked in over 500 hours on iOS alone.

20. christianX0

christianX0 Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Male
    Sweden
    Is this game any close to Phantasy Star Online maybe? I really miss that game..:(