Universal MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nicodemus82, May 8, 2014.

1. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Hello! I bought this game and playing archer. The game is so awesome im enjoying a lot. I just wanted to ask what set should I craft ? I have read some posts but they are posted in 2012 etc so its old and not sure if i should trust it. Any help would be cool. Some people say kat ku or something but I don't know how to unlock it. Can't see on armorcraft

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If you dont want to go through unlocking guides, the easiest way is to complete the missions. Eventually you'll be defeating boss monsters and unlocking stages and equips along the way.

The main requirement to unlock certain equipment types in the crafting store is to gather materials required for those equipment. So for example, you'll need to have gathered Kut Ku parts (carving a Kut Ku after defeating it ;)) for the Kut Ku items to show up in the shop.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I wouldnt call it garbage. Although it is an overly simplified version of MH, having only 1 vstick which also acts as an attack button, with a few other additional "special moves" buttons depending on the weapon type being used. I think it was an ok version of MH considering the target audience is a more casual type (everyone with an iDevice).

I spent over 60 hours on the freemium version, while spending ZERO on it. No timers means i can keep playing and farming, and there are zero ads. There is premium currency which i wouldve bought if i had a credit card attached to my JP itunes account. The game's pretty fair overall, and spending money on IAP basically just gives you extra "carves" in MH terms.

Oh, and i think it can be used to revive when you fall in a mission, but doesnt make the game any easier. LOL

4. Doovy

Doovy Active Member

Nov 9, 2016
    This game has been around for a fair while now and even then, it's a port. As such, old info is pretty much still relevant
    Personally I would aim for YKK (Yian Kut Ku) now. For the armor you will need quite a few KK ears. To increase the chances of getting these make sure you break YKK's ears by attacking them. Some items can't be obtained unless you break the required monster parts, so keep in mind that if you need a horn or a tail, you should aim to break or sever those parts!

Bow is a fun weapon to use and is pretty safe, but it's also slow at killing things. You should try to branch out to melee weapons as well because some enemies are just easier to fight with different weapons! I would recommend the hammer as it works with the stamina gauge, which you're accustomed to with bow, and allows you to easily break parts, and the longsword which will allow you to break tails.
    Having the skill and option to switch between ranged combat/powerful slow melee/quick melee will be invaluable as you come across different monsters. Of course, play however you want. Every quest can be completed with any weapon type, some just make it a lot easier.
    Note that melee and ranged armor are different, and you can't use your ranged gear with a melee weapon or vice versa. Some armor, like helmets, can often be used for both.

Good luck!

5. omgsuperman

omgsuperman New Member

Sep 17, 2015
  6. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    That one has already been canceled and shutdown. The Japan version is still going, but the western version got killed about a month or so after it soft launched on the Canada App Store.

And it was far from garbage. I loved it. I'm still bitter about it getting canceled.

7. ITZ_DESU

ITZ_DESU Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Guys, the MHFU servers aren't working properly anymore, and Capcom hasn't done anything to fix the problem.
    It's been like 5-6 days since it stopped working properly.

8. Doovy

Doovy Active Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Panic.

9. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Looks like the online servers won't be fixed anytime soon. I've actually been playing MH Gen on my daughter's 2DS and maaan, wish they bring/port over a newer monster hunter game to iOS. I've just unlocked the 5 star quests, and fought the newer monsters. It'd be great seeing the Najarala, Tetsucabra and other new monsters on iPhone/iPad in all their retina HD glory! MH3U or even MH4U :) *Wishful thinking*

10. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Just a question,considering that the more you play the better overall you become at the game,can you complete all the main quests in less than 500 hours?It's just I'm trying to play for 2 hours per day and the very fact that it can take me 8 months of non-stop playing everyday to simply complete all the main quests is very,very unsatisfying to say the least.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow, it's more satisfying for me because I know if I come back to the game here and there, I'll always have something to do. And in a premium experience, that is awesome and rare! But if those online servers are really not working, it'll make it a little bit tougher to rank up. I've only put in 150+ hours, so I probably should get back to it eventually.

12. ITZ_DESU

ITZ_DESU Member

Jul 3, 2016
    I have 850 hours of playtime, and I still haven't cleared all the quests in the game.

13. ITZ_DESU

ITZ_DESU Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Indeed... I would love to have MH4U being ported to iOS, I would play it 24/7 hahaha!!
    Sigh... If just Capcom listened, I mean right now it's the perfect moment for porting a new MH game to iOS, since they will soon release MHXX...
    Oh well, we can still hope for the best..

14. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Capcom does listen, which is why MHXX coming soon is a strong reason why they wouldn't port MH4U to iOS.

There are those dedicated MH players who will buy every MH game that gets released. Just about everyone else will ask around to decide whether to buy a new release or not. Many will skip on purchasing a particular release based on various factors. The mass amounts of "should I get this or MH4U?" discussions that popped up in MH forums around the time that MHX/Gen released is evident of this.

Capcom sees this stuff. They see how frugal gamers can be and how they rationalize why one release should be purchased or another should be passed up. They don't want to add another reason for anyone to pass up a new release. There are plenty of people that would say something like, "You can skip on MHXX. Just get MH4U on your phone for half the price and by the time you're finished with it MH5 will probably be out for the Switch."

15. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    so i re downloaded this and been playing it again... having a lot more fun with it then the first time. though it's hard to find people to play online with now wondering if less people play this

16. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Have stopped playing MHFU, due to a long overdue purchase of a nintendo 3ds!
    Naturally, the main reason for buying a 3ds was to play Monster Hunter Generations.
    And it's absolutely brilliant.

Aside from superior physical controls, MHG has *so* many quality of life improvements, from faster gathering, to auto-climbing of low ledges. Love it!

17. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    #6437 slighmd, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Same here, online multiplayer was glitchy and now it's really hard to look for other players to party with on MHFU for iOS. I've also been playing MHgen on my daughter's 2DS. But I just cannot remove the thought of how awesome it would be to play it, or the earlier games after MHFU, on my iPhone or iPad! Gammoth on that huge screen would even be more majestic!

18. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    You should pick up MH4U as well. It lacks the combat styles and hunter arts, the prowler mode, and some of those QOL improvements, but it is still an overall better game in terms of polish and presentation. You can pick it up pretty cheap now days.

19. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    I can indeed get it pretty cheap... I think I shall do so.
    :)

20. ITZ_DESU

ITZ_DESU Member

Jul 3, 2016
    If they didn't want people to play 4U, then please explain to me how the 4U servers are still active?

Also, FU's online has gotten worse, I'm only seeing people who need help with Lao/Shen, and yesterday when I logged in I saw in the global chat that the last post was posted 36 min ago!!