Universal MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nicodemus82, May 8, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Psh your armor looks cool too judging by that screenshot. Let me know when you're free and we can try the Gravios or Rathalos again :)

My favorite part of this Tigrex armor is the psychic vision skill. At +15, no more paintballs. Woohoo!! I always dreaded getting hit throwing paint. And it also shows anger on monsters though tbh that's not too important. But now I can spot them anywhere without worrying about paint wearing off. The other good skill is fast item consumption.. super useful. There's also another skill for earplugs (super useful), but they made so the only way you'll get to use it is later in the game with rare gems. Overall, armor is an A grade for me. A+ if I can get the earplugs!

---

Guys lets leave the iOS gaming opinion discussion to the other forum. There's plenty of threads to post on there. You'll notice there are different sections for different topics. Keep this thread on topic and strictly about MH. We don't need this turning into a debate thread.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woh nice... Good to see another player on G-Rank already!

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is correct. For the red sparks there are 2 types though...; One will be exactly right around her radius, the other will be right inside her radius.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I'm free right now, but with such armor I don't think you need anyone else's help :eek:

Room 64312.

5. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    WOOOAAAH niiice!!!! Tiggy armor? High rank Tiggy armor?

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks! High rank? PSHH NO. I'd pee my pants fighting a high rank Tigrex. lol

7. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Can you eventually rank up your armor to the high rank version by upgrading it?
    That's how it is in Tri and it's a good system.
    What level does it become high rank, if at all?

8. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    The king sized monoblos' hitbox is a little off lol.
    He's tail would hit me magically, and when he charged me I would go flying before he actually hit me.
    This is understandable, due to his size, but it's annoying when your hammer draw-uppercut doesn't reach his belly haha

Plesioth still wins though

9. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I must have tried to kill kut ku almost 200 times now with a variety of weapons.

Sadly I've not even wounded it. I'm now officially throwing in the towel but I'm not angry, I did get a lot of pleasure from the game.

I admit defeat ;)

10. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Hey Mene, sorry to hear you're retiring from your hunter career, but you can always play multiplayer!

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey Varo, are you running out of potions? I noticed you rarely heal when your health got low. Maybe you should take more :)

12. Writersareliars

Writersareliars Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Ugh, just don't.

Can you two do us all a favor, and stay on topic?

This is a thread about MHFU, and I'm pretty sure no one wants to talk about appstore politics.

Take that kind of discussion elsewhere.

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The game started lagging a lot and then it said you left :/

Stupid Gravios :mad:

14. lelamquan184

lelamquan184 Active Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Sorry to hear that man, you must have struggled with the controls as Kut Ku is not that hard, if not easy. Maybe you should take a break, or you can just wait for a good MFI controller and start hunting again :D

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Let's try again tomorrow. It's almost 5 today. That bastard.. I thought we might have a chance this time. If your health is low and you're out of potions, just run back to base and rest. I noticed you kept trying to fight with low health. Though commendable, his strongest attack is his body slam which will instant KO you if you're unlucky. Also if he puts one of us to sleep, try to attack him to divert his attention. If I was awake while you were asleep, and run over to try and distract him to make sure he didn't kill you. Last time I died because he charged into me while I was asleep :mad: Hate that guy. And his belly is his weak point. You have to get it to break. I guess it's harder for you to aim there since the GS is a slow weapon.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nope... It needs high rank monster parts to unlock, but some more common requirements can possibly be acquired at low rank.

Same way with G-Rank. You need G-rank monster parts to make them.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Kut Ku is what I consider to be the MOST DIFFICULT monster for new players. He is like the gauge at how you will do in the rest of the game. If you manage to defeat him on your own, in some ways you should be able to get rid of other monsters as well.

Sorry to hear you're calling it quits, but i hope someday you'll pick the game up again and move forward.

18. p.fresh

p.fresh Well-Known Member

May 25, 2014
    Did you know that you can wreck his stomach twice? Set shocktraps and combine barrel bombs with scatterfish and bomb his stomach. If you knew that already, ignore this post.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #2879 Exact-Psience, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    Actually, if he puts one of you to sleep, the other can kick/attack that guy awake.

You cant really "try to attack him to get his attention" as his target sequences are almost fixed (only a small chance or switching targets) and only a few skill can affect it as well.

Funny thing is, i completed all Gravios quests solo WITHOUT ever attacking the belly since his belly has too much defense before it breaks, and i dont like to bring mats and combine stuff for LBB+. But yeah, if you want to melee him, the most efficient way is to use bombs still.

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    When that happened I was low on health and I had no potions :(

I know about the belly being his weak point (props to Dynamic Hunting for that lol), but as you said aiming with a GS is a pain. Most of the time I hit his legs instead.

If you're going to delete it use iFunbox to make a backup of the save data, otherwise you will have to start from scratch next time.