Monster Dash, Cave Run, or Canabalt?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bflatt, Aug 25, 2010.

1. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    #21 cranker, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010

But it doesn't show your ranking unless you are in the top 100 and I like to see how many people are on the leaderboard. If I am number 55 out of 100 players or 55 out of 10000 players.....................BIG difference.

As a minimum, a leaderboard should always show your rank no matter what position you are in.

There are just things missing that I find very important, but to each his own:)

2. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Umm, Hook Champ isn't endless...

HOWEVER, Super QuickHook has one (soon to be two) endless modes as well as very replayable levels, so that would be my #1 choice.

Canabalt and Monster Dash are both almost equal, but the machine gun jetpack (you heard me right) in Monster Dash combined with its low price tag make it a teensy bit better than Canabalt, in my opinion.

3. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Run and Chop Chop Runner are very good running games too.

4. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    No offence, but last time I checked hook champ neither had an endless level nor was a running game.

5. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    *clicks Facebook like button on this post*

6. RS200

RS200 Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    #26 RS200, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
    I must be a little different as I bought Canabalt only very recently - as in after I had played Monster Dash for a little while and I gotta say that I prefer Canabalt a very tiny bit for it's style and simplicity. it's almost relaxing! ... That said though I really like the cheevos on Monster Dash - They are very addictive and fun to get. I still not managed the one where you have to fall down the first hole and not touch the sides .... or the one where you have to die with -123 as the last digits .. arrgh!

Has anyone played Cave Run yet? I was very pleased that it is a universal app and would of been an insta-buy if it was 59p / 99c but that little higher price point makes it so I just have to do a little more thinking about it. Kinda reminds me a little of the Rick Dangerous character from C64/Spectrum days!

7. RS200

RS200 Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I find the Machine Gun Jetpack almost a liability! - I can't wait to get rid of it as it always seems to run out just as I need to jump over a gap and I fall right into it because of this stupid weapon! .... for me .. pacifier - all the way :) .. or the Uzi that's great too.

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Excellent decision.

9. PaPaFuNk

PaPaFuNk Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Solipskier is easily my favorite..

10. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    No Robot Unicorn Attack? No Super Quick Hook?

Just get them all, they're really cheap.

11. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Hahahaha! I gotta admit, that's kind of the case with me too. :D It's a fun weapon, but it's really wild, and it can throw off your jumps if you're not careful.