Universal Monster Dash (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 18, 2010.

1. DimerHunton

DimerHunton New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Loving the game so far. Has anyone got any/all of the secret achievements? I got "Cheers" today and I have no idea what "They're Everywhere" can be!

2. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    #622 GaiaIllusion, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    "Cheers" is just for getting the "Drinking Monsters" achievement in the game, aka killing exactly 21 monsters in a run.

Which is probably referring to the drinking age in the US.

I also have no idea what the secret achievement refers to.
    Edit: lol nvm I just got it

3. DimerHunton

DimerHunton New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Yeah, I figured out Cheers pretty easily, but I have no idea about They're Everywhere. How did you get it?

4. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I think there should be a market where you can buy things from kills or distance or dlc.
    1. New characters- anything such as robots dragons or wtev
    2. New places- ghost grave and werewolf wonderland
    3. New weapons- flamethrower and laser
    Perks:
    Double jump- would be worth alot but it would definately cure the problem of people complaining about losing for one mistake and it would also add a whole new game element
    Shorter and longer jumps
    Pickups:
    Invisibility-limited about of time
    Invincibility- limited about of time
    Extra blocks: make blocks you can jump on that are in the air.
    Possibilitis are endless for a market

Halfbrick what do u think of these? Any chance any of it could make it in the game. I really want double jump

5. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    Anyone one else having issues with Game Center? It loaded my achievements but did load any of my stats (longest run, ect). This happening to anyone else?

6. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Achievement Spoiler:

Kill 20 monsters on the Main Menu <---- Highlight to see

7. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    So halfbrick I figured out your next monster, level,and weapon for an update are you ready for this LOL Werewolf, In The Woods, and a crossbow pure genius waiting for the beer stein so I could drink to that lol:p Apple juice of course!

8. CONMAN999

CONMAN999 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Anybody got any advice on how to get the Mario achievement where you need to jump on 3 heads at once.

And what about the one where you have to get a score ending with 123? There any specific strategy to this?

9. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    my suggestions above ur post completely topple urs. halfbrick can i have a response?
    i've tried it before and i know for a fact that you will never get it on the first run through. and i also don't think you can get it the second run through . you have to to get it probably at 2123 or 3123 or beyond. my advice is to just not go for the achievment and hopefully you'll get lucky one of these days. its just too chancy. for the mario one, you will probably have to get it in a later level. don't use the pacifier, just have a shotgun and when you see alot of monsters, jump. you might want to do this between 2000 to 3000 because later on it will be too fast and befroe that there aren't enough monsters. hope this helps :D

10. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    LOL Lies all lies! Robots and dragons are not monsters. I will give you the ghost and other I didnt see the werewolf suggestion. But they should do frankenstein with stormy night and castle in the back, And double jumping is for sissys LOL:p

11. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    &#21152;&#25343;&#22823;
    Mario achievement took me a ton of runs to get.

The one for 123 is more of a luck based one. I don't see any viable strategy to get it except for just playing a lot.

12. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    double jump would be a kinda cool iap thing tho. you get a seperate leaderboard for it. and yea idk why i said robots and dragons

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hey yeah Monster Dash needs Ghosts.

But then Monster Dash would need...

THE GHOSTBUSTERS!

14. DestroyX

DestroyX Active Member

Sep 2, 2009
    France
    Seriously, this game really needs to support the Retina Display... when will this come ?

15. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I'm going to post this in all Halfbrick threads until it is changed - Please remove ads for your other games if I own them all!!!! I don't need a notification badge for a game I already have installed - so please change this, it is really annoying Halfbrick! Thanks. :)

16. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    If this game had double jump, everyone would be at like 10000000000000000 -.-

17. JJdaboss

JJdaboss Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    I know I would

18. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    You mean there are ads in PAID versions of games? If thats the case, I have to agree, there is no justification for ads in paid games. I don't buy Glu games anymore because of that. In free games - no problem.

19. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Yes there are ads for their own games, not random ads. It also pushes badge notifications with no setting to turn it off.

20. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Okay this is being taken out of context. By "ads", they mean that Halfbrick brings up that their new game has come out in their "News" section. It's really not as annoying as Cilo is making it sound, at least in my opinion. They give you one notification of their new game, and that's it.

I think Halfbrick has a "Halfbrick games" section in their games, but it's unintrusive..