Universal Monster Dash (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mOOm

mOOm Active Member

Jul 30, 2010
    ok i give it a few more tries

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    yeah but it wouldn't be much fun if the hearts were too easy to get, would it?

Yeah it's amazing if you play it correctly.

3. Ares

Ares Active Member

Jun 20, 2010
    That's the tactic I employ now as well. But it's still my least favorite weapon in the game.

4. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    THe other ones aren't that good either...the pacifier only has 6 ammo and the electric shock one is the only other good one.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    The Submachine gun is my favorite.

6. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    o yea and that but tha'ts pretty much the same thing as the electric shock thing

7. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Jw how exactly did you come up with the name Barry steakfries?

8. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I was writing the script for Age of Zombies and needed to come up with the main character (as they character they had in that particular build was simply a faceless dude).

I remember a George Carlin comedy routine where he was talking about badass male names. Chuck Steak. Biff Webster etc. So I used Barry, my middle name and the name of the legendary Barry Burton from Resident Evil, and Steakfries because it sounded manly. I don't know about in the US, but in Australia we actually have things called steakfries - basically just large, flat fries with crispy batter, usually served with steak.

And that's the story!

9. Wander

Wander Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Animator
    Los Angeles
    Really digging your new game, Halfbrick, updates and such will make this legendary for sure. It gets really fun and intense past 4000 and has become my new favorite quick-play game :)

I hope I'm not repeating other suggestions too much, but I certainly have a couple. First off is the occasional iffy heart placement, but that's been brought up. Also, I've had a few issues with the jump button not responding, like a couple other TA members. I'm not sure if I was stuck in lag from shooting or what, but there's been more than a dozen times when I pressed the button in the correct spot only to plummet to my doom

Finally, as an iPhone 4 owner, I feel obligated to ask for full retina support. The game looks and runs amazing as is, but I'm just in love with the high res display. And I guess I can reiterate the "more weapons more environments" but that's kinda obvious.

Anyway really good stuff, I hope Monster Dash climbs even higher in the charts!

10. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Monster Dash has slipped a ton in sales it looks like. :(

better give us that update quick :)

11. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hey guys!

Thanks for all the feedback! We have now submitted the first update to Apple, and we think its pretty badass :D

A lot of you guys have mentioned the trappy style of heart placement, and we have addressed that... you shouldn't find yourself perfectly lined up, falling down a hole any more. Woo!

We also fixed all the achievements you guys pointed that were broken, thanks for giving us the heads up on that stuff.

There were plenty of other bits and pieces fixed as well... but then there is the main event...

[​IMG]

You guys will just have to wait and see what is in the box :D

12. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    The box!! :D

13. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    you're a dick. I can't wait an entire week :(

14. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    My precious box...

15. Wander

Wander Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Animator
    Los Angeles
    Nice! I'm freakin excited! Finally just broke 6000, thought my head was gonna explode :eek:

16. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Awesome. Cant wait for the update :D

Finally I'll have all the achievements :D (except for that monster lover one. That one is really really tough. Just died on 1897 yesterday trying for that >.< )

17. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I still can't get it either I always hope that my jump doesn't land ne in a hole or on a monster head!

18. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yeah, Monster Lover is the hardest achievement in the game for my money. Extremely satisfying when you get it though, plus it has my favourite achievement icon :)

19. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    Love the game. Updated submitted already?! Can't wait!! :D

20. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Is a power-up in the box? Such as being a Monster that won't get hurt when meets monsters?