Universal Monster Dash (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 18, 2010.

1. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I don't enjoy playing now, but if you know Halfbrick at all, you'd know that future updates are going to address many of the discussed issues in this forum; therefor I know that patience is all that's needed :)

Every time I launch MD and attempt to have a pleasant, fun round, I end up cursing my iPod and feeling SOOO frustrated by how I: jump, land on a platform, shoot my shotgun IMMEDIATELY to dispatch a monster, then tap the screen frantically (whilst first shot is still reloading) attempting to shoot the next monster RIGHT behind the last one (yet somehow not close enough for my shotgun to kill) but end up just running into him and dying. And if I had jumped after killing the first monster, I would have landed on spikes...or fallen down a pit. *GRR :mad:

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Oh yeah and one of the very few things that I don't like about the current version is that if your finger attempts to hit the jump/shoot button and accidentally goes outside the "button" area you end up not shooting or jumping >.>

It would be cool if the "button" area was bigger so you couldn't miss the button.

Not a very huge issue, but it does get annoying when it happpens.

3. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    #403 Spocket, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    I use to not like the jetpack, but the strategy I use when I get it now is working well for me.

With the jetpack on, I jump all the monsters instead of killing them. This saves ammo, however if I'm about to land in holes, spikes, or a group of monsters, I give it a little boost to get me to safety. Once I get to <10 ammo I just blow it. This normally lasts for 1000 meters and works great for me!

EDIT: OMG, just hit 5k for first time then game crashes!!! what the?!!

4. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I empty the ammo ASAP after getting the MGJP, to ensure no cheap death ensues.

5. Snowej

Snowej Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    The game's stats don't display some numbers properly when they reach 1,000+. Demons killed, for example, shows up as 1,76 at the moment.

Another problem is that some achievements are still locked in OpenFient, despite having achieved them already. Travel 1km is locked even though my record is 5000+ and I've achieved going 1km without killing a monster.

Finally, I'd like to congratulate you guys on making another top notch game. Like Fruit Ninja, Monster Dash is really addictive. It's also nice to see some Aussie devs making a killing on the AppStore.

6. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    Who the hell got 1000+ Demon kills?

7. Snowej

Snowej Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    #407 Snowej, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    Now that you've mentioned it, it is a little weird that I have less than 1,000 kills for all other monsters and ~1,700 for demons...

Edit: I played a little more and my demons killed changed to a more realistic number now. It seems I've actualy passed 1,000 this time. I saved a screenshot of the buggy stat though, so I'll upload it whenever I'm at my computer next.

8. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    The statics shows the usage of weapons is only 1000+ after I should have used them for over 10000+ times. So I didn't get the achievement. :(

9. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    #409 HalfbrickPhil, Aug 25, 2010
    EDIT - OK, I was mistaken! The whole screen doesn't give you a response (evidently the team changed it before release). There is a third down the middle which is a dead zone. However, the button and a significant portion of the surrounding area will cause Barry to jump, so you have a massive area of forgiveness. You must be touching right in the middle of the screen for it to not do anything, because the button and all around the button will easily register a jump.

10. k1ngofk1ngs

k1ngofk1ngs Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    New Zealand
    Is there going to be a update to fix the achievement glitches?. Also when you get a high score while not being connected to openfeint online (wifi, 3g etc.) can you get it to upload this to the leadrboards currently it only saves your leaderboard scores if you are playing "online".

Having fun though it is a nice little game currently just passed the 6k mark quite intense.Something to maybe think about for future updates are, monsters killed counter ingame while you are playing.

11. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    #411 Sambo110, Aug 25, 2010
    More than half my deaths are caused by touching the dead zone, I hate it. Would you be able to make the whole screen two buttons? It would help greatly.

EDIT: I can't find the dead zone anywhere near where I ever touch, maybe it just occasionally becomes unresponsive? Whatever it is, it kills me a lot.

12. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Do you really have problems controlling it by missing an entire third of the screen? There really isn't much else we can do to help you I'm afraid.

I'm you think it's being unresponseive that could be a problem, we haven't really had any reports of such an issue so it could be very rare. What device are you running it on?

13. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Yea, mines pretty responsive it seems...

14. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    It seems like I'm gonna hafta try this out.

Even if only to help push Angry Birds off the top.

[​IMG]

15. lucianocardoso

lucianocardoso Active Member

May 13, 2010
    Brazil
    when the game will be updated with new characters, enemies, weapons, stages?

16. mOOm

mOOm Active Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I am with u. I don't understand why it is popular at all. hmmm

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    WOOT NEW HIGH SCORE!!! I hit 6136!

Anyways, but seriously you guys don't like this game? I mean of course you can't expect it to have as much depth as Zombie Infection or whatever, but it's a great pick up and play game!

18. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Yeah but somehow Fruit Ninja feel better

19. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah well obviously. But Fruit Ninja wasn't a runner game. It was totally different. I like this game for when I have a few minutes to waste I just play some Monster Dash. Simple and easy and fun, most of all.

20. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Can't believe AB is still holding #1 :confused:

Just loving Monster Dash...even though my best is only 4718. Such a blast to play!
    My only real complaint is the placement of the hearts...sometimes the only way to get it is to jump off the cliff.
    Oh well...game is still SWEET! :D