Universal Monster Dash (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    It's not happening as good as monster dash is it has nowhere near the amount of content angry birds have. Burning the other note congratz on being the only app publisher ever (I think) to have 2 apps in the top 5 of the US Store.

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    WOW.

I seriously just tied my score of 4266. Super lame lmfao

3. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    Yup, that's why this game is uber awesome :cool:

4. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    but please, set high priority for balance update, that was described by Guise. atm the monster placement or spawning just forces you to take a hit or jump, what is not always very clever.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yes!!! I got a new freakin' high score of 5512!!!

6. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    #386 Osujxu, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    i personally have no eye strain issues?? and a question to everyone else: do you guys just hold down the machine gun jetpack until its out or just shoot when you see a monster? Because it's a powerful weapon so you can shoot the entire time, but waste alot of ammo, or you can use it when you see a monster, but that would take away the point of it and also run the risk of landing between blocks

and also if there really going to be a sequel? couldn't tell if it was sarcasm or not...

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    My eyes hurt after 4 level switches. As for the jet pack, I just save it... I go for max distance in scoring so just use it sporadically to get that extra lift to not hit a wall. Monster kills don't add to the score at all.

8. tymurt

tymurt Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #388 tymurt, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    asdf

9. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    Agreed. And jumping for a heart that leads right into the cliff? Kinds of defeat the purpose if you ask me. I know it's been reported a lot on this thread, but I think it seriously needs fixing. It's not like you can avoid it with skills or good timing; it just leads straight into the hole.

The game is fun, but definitely needs a bit of tweaking here and there. Hope it'll be addressed. :)

10. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    I have some problems with the achievements in this game

I killed 652 zombies but didn't get the "Zombie Stomper"-achievement (kill a total of 400 zombies)

my total shots count is at 10.421 but I didn't get the "Trigger Happy"-achievement (fire your weapon over 10.000 times)

I got the "Persistent"-achievement (die 100 times) after ~115 deaths

greetings

MJFox

11. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Keep the feedback coming guys! The reality is, no one can ever test every possible scenario with a game before it is released, and after so many downloads the major issues begin to surface and we are prepared to address them.

We have fixed a number of bugs including achievement issues, and we are also working on tweaking the hearts/jump system. Of course, there is the whole thing with new content coming and all...

12. jwei44

jwei44 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    High School Graduating
    California
    I've gotten small hiccups in gameplay when a long road of spikes appears of before a gap. This has stopped me from achieveung scores. Maybe I just suck

13. Mealworm

Mealworm Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Really loving this game . Another great job halfbrick !

14. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Yeah I like it too but since I saw video of Age of Zombies, I can't wait for their next release !!!!! but when ?

15. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    a new mode??

16. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Monster Dash is #2. Fruit Ninja is #4. These games pushed Doodle Jump to #5. Yet Angry Birds is still #1.

17. WilliamG

WilliamG Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Am I the only one that doesn't like Monster Dash? It just makes my head hurt trying to keep my eyes focused on what's going on. I played it for maybe 10 minutes total, and I can't see EVER playing it again.

18. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yep you're the only one :p

19. Ares

Ares Active Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Does anyone else feel that the Machinegun Jetpack is a power-down? There's always the risk of running out of ammo at the wrong time if you pick it up. It might be better if you didn't fly off the screen, therefore hiding the ammo count, but as it is I always try to avoid picking it up.

Also, it makes the Accuracy stat pretty meaningless. Especially for players like me who try to use it up on "safe ground".

20. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah I hate it when I run out of ammo and end up falling. :/ so annoying...