Universal Monster Dash (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 18, 2010.

1. izeman

izeman Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    +1 yep

2. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Yup.check the upcoming section

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Halfbrick said they've got loads of ideas/projects in the pipeline :)

4. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    #364 kaboom132, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
    never mind, i just gave it away (to myself at least, and without even trying too)

I got the Game Over screen to say "Drinking Monsters", but didn't get the achievement. What happened?

5. jedi85

jedi85 Member

Aug 12, 2010
    great game !!!

6. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Game Impressions

I'm a very picky person, and there are very few games in the app store that I genuinely enjoy. I bought Monster Dash with a little apprehension. I kept my fingers crossed, hoping that I wasn't falling for another hype machine. And, to my surprise, I wasn't. :D Monster Dash is thoroughly satisfying. Everything, from the Mirror's Edge style gameplay, to the music, weapons, ect is well thought out and polished. And, at $0.99, it's an absolute steal if you like "quick-fix" casual games.

I highly recommend it.

7. lucianocardoso

lucianocardoso Active Member

May 13, 2010
    Brazil
    can someone help me, I accidentally erased the game monster dash of my iphone, then I laid back, my data disappeared, in my 4 openfeint data were, they no longer are being updated, can someone help me please? ????!!!

8. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    #368 ZEROFACES, Aug 22, 2010
    Maybe if you were to make more sense we could determine how to best help you :p

In fact, I think your problem lies somewhere in here: "then I laid back, my data disappeared, in my 4 openfeint data were, they no longer are being updated"

9. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #369 Guise, Aug 22, 2010
    Apologies for being negative about a game that has rock-tons of potential and is fun at first, but...

The more I play this, the less well-designed it seems. Power-ups and platforms can be really frustrating, like where Barry jumps for a heart and lands in the spikes. Or worse, falls down a gap. Or where I don't have the time/space to shoot a monster, so I jump and smack into a wall. I hope Halfbrick can somehow tweak the way that platforms, power-ups, and monsters appear.

I am not saying that I want the game to be made easier. I like hard games. It's just that a lot of my deaths in MD feel sort of cheap.

Also, eye strain and headaches have significantly lessened my enjoyment of this game. Fingers crossed for some update tweaks.

10. lucianocardoso

lucianocardoso Active Member

May 13, 2010
    Brazil

11. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    Don't worry man, I'm with you 100%. Good luck writing something like this without people ragging on you though, they can be pretty defensive.

In honesty though, this game is far from perfect and VERY close to awfully frustrating in it's level design and uncompromising speed. There, I said it. Let the anger commence :cool:

12. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009

We think alike--check the Gravity Runner thread.

13. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Agree totally with Guise and ZERO, no anger needed.

14. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    well said! i think the same.

15. felnan

felnan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Well, i think this game is pretty cool .. I play it a lot but sometimes the controls are unresponsive and i really hate that..! Also i hate the demonS respawn sistem .. They came pretty fast from the ground and very close to u.. The only monster that killed me lots of times is the demon.. But otherwise this game is very cool .. Umm also needs more monster to be add ! Like the werewolf.. Ghost! ( uh theyre invisible -__- , lol ) bigfoot, jetty , and finally more weapons .. And power ups like invensibility , less speed, floating( gravity, slow motion) and also add like fruit ninja a dojo when u can customize ur character..! And really last one thing lol, make a crossover with Super quickhook and bring jake ( or the blonde guy ) to this game!!! With hatss

16. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. Obviously we have about a million and one suggestions, so we wont be able to get to all of them, but rest assured that we are reading everything you guys say!

Also, the first update is going to be totally bad ass.

17. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    No. 1 in Germany now.

18. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    iPad version please. (really fun game btw) super polished.

19. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    So next month I presume? Hopefully.

20. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I just know this will become #1 in the U.S. soon, Angry Birds must come down! Even if it is awesome.