Universal Monster Dash (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 18, 2010.

1. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    It is? I just checked iTunes and couldn't see it featured in any section on the US or UK store...

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    It's there my friend. You just have to click on see all as the homepage icons haven't been updated.

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    One of my scores finally decided to submit. 5800 is much too low for so much total distance. I actually have 196,000 m + 80,000 meters :p

4. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I feel ashamed of it myself, actually. In honesty though, I just discovered the TA forums last week! For the last year or so I was stuck on Pocket Gamer reading reviews, not realizing there was an entire community built for iDevice gamers like myself.

Glad I found you guys though, you're like my long lost brothers and sisters...*sniff

5. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    @ HalfbrickPhil. I mentioned this on one of the previous pages, but I keep getting the pop-up asking to rate the game even though I already have. I followed the link three times now, but i still get an intermittent pop-up happening.

6. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Hmmmm, very odd. I haven't seen anyone else mention this, and with the number of players it seems I would have by now. Anyone else experience this?

7. Yep, I have. It's not that big of a problem though, which is probably why people haven't mentioned it yet.

8. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Bought it very sooner in French Appstore and didn't regret it ! Very cute game and hope there will be a lot of updates to make it as good as a Robot Unicorn Attack game. I love the presentation, controls disapearing and countries. Very well polished and finished as a well done job ! Congratulations and hope it will be a success on Appstore !

9. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Me too but idc. Takes less than a second to say no.

10. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Man, Halfbrick is just owning the app store.

Brilliant game. Everything about Fruit Ninja I love is in here (pick up and play, achievements, good variety, ect.) I really hope you support this as much as Fruit Ninja, because I think you might have another winner on your hands. ;)

Also, can I get a hint at the drinking zombies achievement? It's driving me crazy trying to get it. :p

(BTW, I think you should have a secret Fruit Mode that turns all monsters into fruit. Just a thought. ;) )

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Try killing a specific number of monsters ;)

The first batch of achievements in the Statistics screen are all based on killing a specific number of monsters when you die... they are also in order from fewest (4) to max (??)

EDIT: There should be a mode to unlock a NINJA that slashes those fruity monsters

12. k1ngofk1ngs

k1ngofk1ngs Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    New Zealand
    Don't know if anyone else has had any achievement glitches.

My 2 so far are.

Kill 400 Zombies, I have killed 472 and it isn't unlocked.
    Die 100 Times, I have died 89 by falling, 5 by spikes, 7 by monster

13. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Thanks! Now I know what I should try to do. :D

14. k1ngofk1ngs

k1ngofk1ngs Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    New Zealand
    Just got the achievement for dying 100 times but I had died 107 times weird, still no luck on the 400 zombies one yet.

15. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I don't even know what I did to get that achievement, I just killed a few monsters in quick succession and I saw it come up :)

16. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I haven't even tried for any achievements yet, I've been too busy practicing playing the game upside down just to have the jump button on the right. Seriously, I am not joking =/

17. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Oh my god machine-gun jetpacks. That's so unbelievably awesome.

18. golob

golob Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Pretty good game, but the jump button seems a little unresponsive to me at times. Still glad I picked it up.

19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Yeah I agree. Feels like it doesn't even react sometimes. Maybe I'm missing the invisible button.

20. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    this game neeeeeeds mode without gaps in between! these slowdownds are so lame.