Universal Monster Adventures - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 9, 2013.

1. sdiggbot

sdiggbot Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    Judging by the amount of fun I'm having with this game, I think a scolding is warranted

2. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Now I'm not trying to promote these illegal activities in any way, but you might be able to *ahem* 'acquire' some free pokemon games by going to GBA4IOS

Not that I would know, but I heard they are fun, but none of you event law-abiding people would ever download such fantastic games for free, now would you?

3. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Has any played hunter island yet? Do you like this game better than hunter island or is the differences to large to compare?

4. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Hunter Island is basically a turn-based RPG. (Different moves use different amounts of "time" which is how turn order works.)

This is basically an Action RPG + roguelike.

So it's not really comparable like that, it's just which one you like more.

5. Wisely

Wisely Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    #1005 Wisely, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
    Deleted

6. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Just caught like 30 monsters in one run, advanced to the second area via portal, then BOOM, a huge grass type monster popped up and killed my monster in one hit... Wtf?? What kind of imbalance is this? Every other enemy does like 1-3 damage only then all of a sudden something pops up and one hit KOs my monster without any preparation? Normally I won't care that much but since in this game I lose ALL PROGRESS if my monster dies then it's highly annoying. I've been grinding in the first area forever and STILL get OHKO by an enemy in the second area... Which leads me to think this game is nothing more than grind grind grind. You learn new skills by catching the same monster several ten/hundred/thousand times, you level up by repeating the same area over and over again since there's pretty much no sense of progression due to maps resetting the moment you exit and losing all caught monsters if your monster dies, and some monsters require certain elements to catch meaning if you imbued with a different element before leaving town... Tough luck, exit map, re-imbue, re-enter map and hope that monster will eventually spawn somewhere. Absolutely terrible gameplay mechanics, how this is compared to Pokemon I have no idea. I liked this developer's bug heroes much better.

7. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #1007 Echoen, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    Was your monster rock-imbued? Bosses are hard to take on until a certain level then you can consistently take them on.
    Bottom line, learn from your mistakes.

Obviously not all progress. "If your Monster falls in the Wild, you'll lose half the Experience, Gold, and Essence Orbs earned and ALL items and essences that were found!" - In-game guide

Change your setup. Wrong element? Get new skills? Maybe your stats are a mess and you went all special but would rather take enemies in melee. Use those stat up fruits! You can heal up too right?
    If things are getting way too hairy, pause the game and use a teleport fruit.

Max for one monster is 25 and their skills tend to overlap with other monsters. If you can't go deeper in levels, you're not progressing. It gets harder the further you go. Figure out which element works best for a map and stick to it. Bring elemental blossoms (next response below).

Buy the elemental blossoms from the item vendor (scroll to the bottom) that cost 1 elemental orb each. They temporarily imbue your active monster with an element for 60 seconds. Bring around 5 (max 25) of each and then restock as needed. Elemental orbs are rather rare early on but eventually, you'll get to a point where you can get the max of 999 in 1 run and that will happen before you've caught enough of everything.

8. Mj1ggy

Mj1ggy Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Sorry if this has already been addressed but has a bug been addressed where you can't scroll through and use items out of menus? This ha happened to me twice in an intense battle where I wanted to use an escappi fruit but instead had to back out of the game because the menus were frozen. I could open the menus and change between them but could not select anything. Playing on iPhone 4S with latest iOS.

9. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    How do I unlock cliffs? Monster is already level 11... everywhere I search it says "your monster has to be level 10 to unlock cliff", which is obviously false. o_O

10. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Did you talk to the mayor to initiate a mission relevant to the cliffs? That's when I first broke through.

11. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    can u lead me rush through the games? i feel like i am not progressing and its hard to get my MP raise up fast enough

since no one's playing this game , both of my mac & ipad couldnt search for a match for 3 hours sitting still , lol

12. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    thanks ! after the update , the mulitiplayer drop out issue is gone ! woohoo !! finally i can play on my mac with my girl when i am at home!!

plz do know that many of my friend appreciate the OSX + ios games policy u guys have been doing !! heroes of castles / NY zombie / monster adventures , we bought them all !!

so will bug heroes 2

13. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    :eek: if anyone 's interested in having a multiplayer session with me , feel free to imessage via [email protected] , or add my game center by that apple ID

14. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Four!!!!!!!saken

15. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Dropped to free! Obvious question arises...

16. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    well , i guess its just the graphical style isnt accepted by the mass ..
    i paid full price in ios + osx version and i think its worth it jist for supporting forsaken media :p

17. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Just played for about 20 minutes, couple of questions;

1 - Should I catch monsters or kill them?
    2 - do you get anymore monsters, or whatever they are, to go out and fight with?
    2a - if so can you take more than one or is it just one?
    2b -if there are more how do you get them?

Sorry if these are dumb questions just popped into me head!

18. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    1, they count as eliminated whether up kill or catch it ( catch the required amount of certain type mobs to learn their ability )

2, u can buy more monster and level it up or imbuse it with different elements , or you can summon a pet to fight with you , I believe there are 3+ types of pets ! I am only lvl 36 ... still far away from collect all these abilities

3, u can only take 1 pet into the dungeon each time

4 , u can buy from the merchant for $10k

19. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Unfortunately the game just hasn't done very well... we haven't changed a thing in regards to pricing. At this point we're just hoping to get more players playing the game is all!

20. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Sad thing to hear.
    Picked the game to try it (I'm usually not a fan of the "pokemon-like" games) and do find it quite nice, even if I'm not sure I"ll play it a long time (It's just not my kind of games - nothing wrong about it, really, seems great for those that love this style of games)

I hope you'll get better sales later on