Universal Monster Adventures - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #981 Intendro, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    Catch rate still does not increase on misses (70% max rate stays 70%, this is the net's max so it should go up when it misses.)
    Unless it really does go up but isn't saying the increased amount...?

Found a glitch:
    In the Cliffs, the door to the next floor was obstructed by a rock. Had to use the flight move to "teleport" to it.
    Before going on, I messed around and landed myself between the rock and midair, causing myself to be walking on air out of bounds.

Ack! I pressed the button to post this message, and editing doesn't give me the attachment option! Gotta post again to send the pictures.

2. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Apparently I can only post one image per post from the Touch Arcade app...?

Here's the rock and door:

Attached Files:

3. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Aerial view (selecting where to fly to):

Attached Files:

4. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Flown to the door:

Attached Files:

5. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #985 Intendro, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    As I said before, I flew back out, flew in, and landed between the rock and air. I ended up going out of bounds and I could walk on air. Here's a picture of me in midair.

Last picture. It didn't look like I could select multiple images in one post... Sorry about the multiple posts. :(

Attached Files:

6. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    My only motivation for playing ATM is if I can build up my lvl 99 guy some more while working on a quest chain.

However, the chain system is beyond stupid. Don't make a chain incentive area-specific and then have one of the three areas closed at any given time. I've checked in 4-5 times over the last few days and have 9hours left on this chain, and can't get to meadows to do it.

I play iOS games at my leisure, not the game's. I don't want to feel obligated to try and free up more time later when I don't really have any, just to keep my chain going. It's a nifty idea to get me to play every two days, but once the game stops me from being able to complete the challenge because of this stupid limitation, I doubt I'll pick it up again for a looooong time, if ever.

7. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Re: catch rate... it does actually increase, but we don't show the % go up. We thought it would be confusing to say a net has x capture rate, and have the player see it as anything from 0-100%, no matter what net. Under the hood though, the catch rate goes up.

Hmmm, thats a bug. If you have a currently active challenge that requires a certain level, it SHOULD never be locked. What is the challenge you're on?

8. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #988 Intendro, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    That blocked-off area thing is so annoying. If I want to play another area, I'll play another area. No need to make me not play an area. Why do that? It's blocking off my fun.

If I need to go to the blocked area to catch certain monsters... well, now what? Wait?
    And of course, now the area with monsters I need to catch more of is blocked. :mad:

It's nothing but a major annoyance. Get rid of it, please. :(

Seriously, what if I feel like going on a run through one area, then the next, then the next, and repeat? One of those areas is being blocked. Can't do that.
    Can't catch any monster at any time unless before beating the game.
    It's pointless! And the soldiers aren't even actually doing anything, are they? :mad: :confused: :(

So you could say that, ironically, I like the old king better. :p

9. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    It's happened to me a few times, but most recent and only one I can say for sure was a "collect x# of items/essences from meadows."

Meadows is then blocked. I don't *think* it was right away but I didn't have time to try right then. Logged in later and sure enough, blocked. There was another point in time over those two days that it blocked sonething else (and later returned to meadows), but again I only had time to check essence vendor and grab fruit that time.

10. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #990 Intendro, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    Something useful to know: The check mark replacing the catch percent shows up when you have all the skills of a monster, even on a monster that isn't caught yet: Some monsters share skills, so I figured out that my missing monsters in the monster list was because of this.
    Oh, and you can pick the "???" to see a silhouette of the missing monster. :)

Glitches:
    A crab did the claw grab and I ended up out of bounds. I had to teleport back in.

In the Cliffs, there's sometimes a rock that can't be walked past. I think it was mentioned that it was fixed in an update. But it still happens.
    Can't walk past this thing, even though it looks like it should be possible. I have to teleport past it.

11. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #991 Intendro, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    I know I uploaded the attachment in that post, why did it not show up? :confused:
    This is the rock structure that can't be walked past:

Attached Files:

12. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    And what are these strange, vaguely cloud-like things floating around? They are like a bent piece of paper. I've seen them zoom away at high speed. And once one of them rapidly teleported between two spots. It looked like a glitch.

Attached Files:

13. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I think the white 'paper' stuff is bugged leaves or particles that flow along the screen.

14. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I'm so used to seeing that white tunnel I barely even register it. It almost always exists for me.

15. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Next update is a short list of some important fixes, some that were quite difficult to track down!

- Fixed some crashing issues
    - Fixed some multiplayer connection issues
    - Fixed the white "paper" bug
    - Removed all Knight blockers
    - Fixed an issue where you could be blocked by a rock on Cliffs

16. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Hooray for the update! Multiplayer should be a blast! And those knights will not be missed :)

17. Obidab

Obidab New Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Upcoming ios7 support for gamepads would be AWESOME for this game in my opinion as well. I hope the dev's take it into consideration! I love this game and I think controllers would only give it a better feel, not that I don't enjoy it as it is.

18. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Nice and necessary changes! Many thanks!

19. sdiggbot

sdiggbot Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    so, having never played any Pokemon game, or even really knowing what they were about or why they were so hyped over the years... I avoided this title as I figured it wouldn't really appeal to me..

bought it last night on a whim, as i do with any title that garners almost 1000 posts on TA... Was up till 4:30 AM unable to turn off the light and get some much needed sleep.

Loving it so far!

20. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Although we appreciate the thumbs up, I feel inclined to yell at you for not playing pokemon.