Universal Monster Adventures - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

SEVEN HOURS?! Aaarrrggghhh... That tears it. I'm moving to New Zealand.

DBC

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Totally off topic, but what does DBC stand for?

3. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Look at his name dude..

4. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    #64 Drummerboycroy, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    I keep thinking it's actually grammatically incorrect and should be "Dbc," but that probably wouldn't help.:eek:;):D

DBC

5. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #65 WCFields, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    Considering your ADVANCED age funky drummer, shouldn't it be Drummeroldmancroy? Just joking

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Every time Foursaken releases a new game, I am propely excited. And to this day, I have never been disappointed. Every single one of their products represent a refinement of genres, and in most cases mash-ups that create entirely new and unique gameplay visions. (Block Fortress, in particular, is perhaps one of the dynamic and sophisticated games I've ever seen on ANY platform.)

Buuuuut... no single game has yet to capture the brave new world sensation of Bug Heroes, nor the charm, the intensity or the unadulterated pure fun. Not that this is in any way a requirement for success; I consider all of Foursaken's titles to be among the better or best on the platform (just not THE best, a spot that Bug Heroes share with two or three other titles).

Here I go, ramping up expectations to the unexpectational, but... I've the feeling Monster Adventures might be that game.

7. Bronxsta

^^
    +1

I discovered Foursaken through NY Zombies 2 and I haven't been disappointed yet. They just make fun unique games and they cater to the player, not to some stupid business model (cough EA, Disney, Where's My Water cough). Monster Adventures looks incredible, so many elements working in sync to create an top notch experience. And it's a roguelike(ish) RPG from Foursaken!! What's better than that?

And if you haven't, show your support and vote for Block Fortress on Steam Greenlight

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

According to the Usage page in the settings menu on my iPod it's exactly 300 mb big.

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Damn, still some hours left to get this game...
    Next game is going to be Bug Heroes 2, right? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

10. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    OMG come on 11 I clock ): this game is gnna be so much fun. Maybe it will be serious competition for my attention against Junk Jack X and Terraria

11. Do you really want to move to New Zealand? Think about it for a moment

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sounds good for multiplayer and that people can't get ahead of me by doing so really. Although I do hope I get a chance to get involved in the multiplayer scene.

So you say they can have 1 element for your monster are the moves different for each? Say like in Pokemon grass types would get poison and fire obviously burn and things like that?

13. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yes and no... there are some passive abilities that require a certain element. Also elemental spells and abilities are earned from their respective wildings (so, fireball is learned from a specific fire enemy - which again you can only learn if you are a fire element).

You can however use any active spell, regardless of your current element, though. So you could for example cast a poison spell when you are fire elemental, as long as you previously learned poison.

Because you primarily focus on a few monsters in Monster Adventures, instead of like in pokemon where you have a bunch of specialized monsters, we wanted to make sure the player had plenty of options at all time and didn't become too limited by their elemental choices.

14. rabidnz

rabidnz Member

May 9, 2012
    Errr, where is the mayor?

15. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

He's right there in the top left of the town - next to the fruit vendor.

16. Bronxsta

Always wanted to ask, how do you develop these concepts? Except for the NY Zombie games, all your games have been a mix of various genres that somehow blend together perfectly. Did you start MA thinking, "We want to make a roguelike" and it just evolved from there?

17. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi there, just to check if I ever buy a new phone, all the game data I backup using iTunes can be transferred to my new phone right? Don't really wanna start from scratch ya. Please advice thanks

18. rabidnz

rabidnz Member

May 9, 2012
    The game is a great concept, let down heavily by the poor ps1 graphics and shambling movement and combat mechanics. If this game looked and moved half as good as Bastion it would be game of the year! I realise the budget isn't there, but is it a specific design goal you had for the game to look like this? Or was it a compromise between time and money?

19. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    #79 ImJPaul, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    Ah! Just checked my bank account and I went into the negatives!!! I don't get paid till Friday. So looks like I have to wait till Friday to play this gem. This sucksssss.

Edit: My girlfriend gifted it to me! Haha. Playing now.

20. Bronxsta

Dude, it's an IOS game, not a console port.