Monospace

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Jan 21, 2009.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #1 NotYou, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. looks like it has a potential to be a neat puzzler but the video really only showed the basics

i wish they would have shown one of the more advanced levels

3. vicente.ramirezch

vicente.ramirezch Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 8, 2009
    Santiago, Chile.
    Looks pretty cool to me. It has very nice graphics.

4. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Looks very interesting

It looks interesting but I too would like to see how it plays for one of the more advanced levels. It kind of reminds me of Rotorumpus except here you are trying to collect and clear all the white blocks and in Rotorumpus you are trying to reach an exit point.

5. Broward

Broward Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Jax, Florida
    $1.99 is a easy sell for this one. Count me in, kinda reminds me of Echochrome to a degree.

6. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    yeah same here. I dont consider this a TOFTT. I think that a TOFTT is one where there is no video and nobody knows the gameplay, but this looks really good.

7. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    man i dont know if i should buy this or not... You know whats weird is im worried about length, when if i go see a movie its 11 bucks and its only 2 hours long. By that logic, if i get more than 21 minutes of enjoyment out of this, then it would have been worth it.

8. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    ok i got it. Be back with impressions.

9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I have to make this quick, but I wanted to say that it's worth buying. The controls are good and the puzzles make you use your brain in weird ways. There's no music, which sucks, but I assume you can use your own.

I give it my thumbs up.

10. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    same here. Great game, i would advise buying it now. It gets hard pretty early in the game so it should hold me over for a while if i want to beat all of them. Very awesome puzzler, nothing else like it in the app store.

11. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    This looks pretty awesome, I'll be picking it up tomorrow without a doubt. ^ ^

12. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    qft.

The music used in the you tube video fit the game perfectly. No music at all = wtf?

The puzzles are fun and the game makes you think. The minimalistic graphics fit the game, as well.

Buy it.

13. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I like the game too. A different puzzle approach mixing 2D and 3D point of views.

Notes:

- one and not so subtle sound when eliminating tiles
    - no music
    - in puzzle #10 the game starts to be interesting
    - no undo but you can easily restart a level
    - no time, no number of max moves, nothing more than solving each puzzle

14. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Good to know.

If the higher levels get very large then I hope the dev will add an undo button. And hopefully the dev will add stats for the number of moves taken. This will give me more reason to replay once I've completed the levels.

I think I'll pick this one up.

15. cnbigcan43

cnbigcan43 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    That looks really fun. Definitely considering buying it. Seems like a game that could keep me busy for a while.

16. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #16 Donburns99, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
    Would take one hell of an algorithim, but a future update with randomly generated levels would make this game insane and easily one of the bestter puzzlers out there.

So far though, I'm loving this. I like how there is no countdown timer, but a time tracking system would be nice, so you could go back and try to beat your best time. Even if it was just a hidden counter not shown until the puzzle was solved, that would still be fantastic. Music would be nice, as mentioned the music from the video would have fit quite well.

This game has room for improvement, but as-is it is well worth the price. If the developer is the type to continuously improve his application, then this is solid. If the developer is the type to consider user input in the updates, then this is golden.

17. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Very interesting concept. Highly recommend you guys to check out the youtube video!

Although I'm not into puzzle games, I may try this one out due to the fact that it's very original (the whole 2d / 3d perspective change thing)

18. Mad Portagee

Mad Portagee Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Bought it, enjoy it.... the 2d/3d thing is cool. So far it hasnt been the most difficult puzzle game, I'm on lvl 23, but that works for me. I don't want it to be so hard that I just quit playing all together... I would recommend it, the video shows the game play with the only difference being that later the black boxes block you off, and apparently the red boxes will allow you to jump a space (i think these come up on expert levels, i havent come across one yet). Worth $2 so far and im a hardcore gamer, but just a casual puzzle gamer.

19. funke75

funke75 Member

Jan 20, 2009
    who has time to work...
    SoCal Baby!
    ok, now this looks fun. I'm totally addicted to the game "Pathways" and this looks like its about to join it. here goes my social life...

20. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    You can't play your own music by default, but you can do the sleep>double tap home button trick. I guess that's doable.

This is a really awesome game so far. I've never played a puzzle like this before. I hope this dev keeps making games.:)