Universal Monkey Swingers by Foxhole Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Stuka_1919, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    Played this for like a whole 2 minutes, and got double bananas! Well done!

2. Darth Filth

Darth Filth Member

Mar 8, 2015
  3. Stuka_1919

Stuka_1919 Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    We made into Best New Games on the US store!! Thankyou, TouchArcade!!!

4. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #Congratulations#
    Thank You for your very fun creation. Alot of monkey bizness goin on round here##

5. Stuka_1919

Stuka_1919 Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Cheers! There's an update coming soon with a few fixes. Any ideas or opinions about where we should focus our efforts with future updates?

6. Stuka_1919

Stuka_1919 Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    That's not a question I'd throw out anywhere, by the way, but we've had some genuinely constructive feedback from the TA forums for our previous game. I'd like to collect some more.

7. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Here are some thoughts about the game:
    1. I find the objects' hitbox seems glitched, sometimes I surely touched bananas or power ups, but they still there and I can't get them until I move again, weird.

2. Maybe show the power up remaining status more obvious? it will help to play the game more strategic I think?

3. Are there more characters and themes? about the character, not just a skin but have different attributes? like longer hand but spin slower, something like that.

8. Stuka_1919

Stuka_1919 Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I think there are a couple of accuracy issues to look at. We'll be getting an update out very soon. Point 2 is a good one, just need a not too intrusive way of representing the info. Point 3 would be an interesting direction for future updates. We find ourselves sort of agreeing with the TA chaps in the podcast that a faster play style might be fun. Something for us to argue about in the pub. Thanks for taking the time to respond, we appreciate the input.

9. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    That wuz the only thing i could see making your game more fun. I noticed the swings would speed up the longer you hold. Mabey add on a third or fourth cycle. Thank you for not having such a punishing scroll. When our Monkeys miss a branch we still get a bit of chance to catch one if in our reach. ThnX
    ##################

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#30 Anotherkellydown, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Been upgrading like crazy and finally reached 1000m. Now I've unlocked all three environments for the endless mode!

Attached Files:

11. Stuka_1919

Stuka_1919 Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
  12. Thats insane AKD. I still can't get much above 50m haha, but pretty addicted to the game, its fun and nicely designed.

13. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    WOW
    #Congratulations#
    ############

14. Anotherkellydown

Thanks @Stuka_1919 @RossmanBrothersGames @7lilwhitewolf7 !

I was barely lucky to break 50 at first too, but I've maxed out all but 2 powerups. The Miracle Bushes and Rocket Bushes are probably the most useful powerups. And they can all be upgraded a lot. :)

15. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Hey AKD...so happy to see you commenting on and enjoying an iOS game! I've been sleeping on this one and iOS games in general. No surprise to see you killing it. I'll have to pick this up soon.

Loved Blokshot Revolution! #

16. Anotherkellydown

#36 Anotherkellydown, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Dude! I'm so glad you're still here too! I was pretty upset with the GC Bug but I never stopped playing. I don't think that's possible! I thought this would be the thread to see you in.

I've been playing a bunch of stuff... (Sorry for the off-topic). Train Conductor World, Tomb of the Mask, Don't Die Mr. Robot, King Rabbit, Doofus Drop, The East New World, BioBeasts, Tennis Champs Returns, KickHero, Super Arc Light, and of course Monkey Swingers :) There's more too...

17. Stuka_1919

Stuka_1919 Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    �� we're in pretty good company there! Loving King Rabbit and DDMrR and Tennis Champs are great!

18. Darth Filth

Darth Filth Member

Mar 8, 2015
    So something I've been meaning to ask for input on... What hats would you like to see added to Monkey Swingers?

When we first decided to put hats in the game, I was super-excited about making a fez for the monkey to wear. I though it would be kinda funny the way it would implausibly sit on his head and not fall off as he spins around. Then somewhere along the way, I actually forgot to make a fez so there isn't one in the game. Well, that's something I fully intend to rectify in an upcoming update :D

But anyway, does anyone have any hat styles they'd like to see in Monkey Swingers? We can make your dreams come true!