Universal Momoka: An Interplanetary Adventure (by Felwig Games LLP)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 14, 2016.

1. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Ahem... Guilty.. Actually, Momoka had kind of passed me by, because of the whole Crashlands myopia, and I probably wouldn't have noticed it were it not for the sale. So, for me at least, this is a sale doing what it's supposed to, and bringing people in, rather than just sitting on a watchlist till the price dropped.

That said, I probably won't actually get around to playing it for a while, but I'm happy to let it rest in a folder for a bit. 75MB isn't exactly chewing up my capacity.

2. glennlea

glennlea New Member

Oct 15, 2013
    #82 glennlea, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Need help on heat shield, yes, heat shield.

Deleted -- I figured it out.

3. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I booted Momoka up for the first time today - and it's great! I genuinely felt a bit dizzy the first time I jumped onto a new planet, but I love that it's giving me Swordigo vibes. Super game.

4. clzander

clzander Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Throwing in another vote for a checkpoint or two in the Mine.

5. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Great game. Wish more were this good. I'm still trying to get sunbeam key. Tough.

6. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Agreed. This has been an excellent year for platform games - I can think of three great ones involving cats alone - but there have been very few true Metroidvanias like Momoka. I enjoyed it right to the finish.

7. elektrisko

elektrisko Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Love the artstyle, it reminds me a bit of Wind Waker!

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #88 VirtualBoyFreak, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    I beat it quite easily, lots of strategy involved though. You need to
    kill the first form just below where you respawn at the beginning of the third form, and in the inner circle, kill many block/cubic enemies (the ones that give grenades) before killing the second form.

When you kill the second form, do it by launching one grenade and refilling the space with another grenade out of all the ones left by the cubic enemies. This way, when you kill the second form (which always runs left, contrary to the other two that change direction after they get hit by a grenade) you'll have that floor full of grenades. Since you killed the first form just below where you respawn to kill the third form, you can stay where you respawn launching grenades at the boss (timing is crucial here). When you run out of grenades, use the teleport to go to the level you left full of grenades, refill and teleport back to continue the bombing. After you kill the third form of the boss, you have to finish the cubic enemies, but it should be quite easy.

I need help with the twin brothers. How do I get them to open the door where the extra heart is? I'm missing the extra heart and the star there to get 100% completion... EDIT: nevermind, solved it. 100% completion in 6h20m. Great game. Well worth the money :)

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Got the latest Apple TV and is delighted to find this is also Apple TV universal! Great game, even at the full price!