Universal Momoka: An Interplanetary Adventure (by Felwig Games LLP)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 14, 2016.

1. guinea

guinea Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Developers here.

Just to let you know that we are aware of this. It can sometimes happen if you quit the app at that point in the game. We have a fix for it, and will be coming as an update. In the meantime it can be bypassed by restarting the app, but note that as it is intermittent/random this may take more than one try.

2. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    So the Devs have beaten me to it but would just like to confirm that the app closure/restart does work and I'm back on track again! Thanks guys.

Should also add - I emailed the Devs and they responded within an hour-ish. Very prompt and very helpful, good work!

Will also add that they noted my issue and informed me a (hopeful) fix was being included in the update about to be submitted - I've never given feedback leading to a bug fix before, I'm quietly chuffed about it. It's a good feeling helping to improve something like this - all be it, my involvement was only in a very minor capacity! :)

3. swoolf

swoolf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 9, 2009
    I consider myself a pretty good "gamer" but I am getting frustrated with the goddamned Miner level. No spoilers here but if the devs can put a few checkpoints here - it would be greatly appreciated. I find myself getting to the same place and die only to find that I have to go back to the beginning of the goddamned level.

Please change this - it's getting to the point where a 4.5/5 game is a 3 and I want to chuck my iPhone across the room.

Thanks

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Gah, I'm missing one of the Frozen Stars.

I've been all over the map, at and through every planet at least three times, checked them out aerially, and... Still one missing. I'm at the final boss fight, and I'm convinced that the star is either out of bounds, or on the Mine (which means it can be missed, since you only go there once).

Please help, developers? :eek:

5. guinea

guinea Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Developers here. Spoiler hint below.

Based on your description we think this might be the useful piece of information:
    Have you seen any comets around? (there are no stars in the mine)

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #66 Echoseven, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    I knew it. I KNEW it!

That was going to be my next thing to try, since I noted them from the start of the game, but after combing the asteroid field, checking out every planet three times over, doing several circles of the galaxy so far out I couldn't see the map... I just went to bed. :p

Thank you, you're the best!

100% time: 6H 54m. Could've been at least 2 and a half hours shorter if I wasn't writing a guide or wasting time looking in the wrong places!

7. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    How did you beat
    the hermit's third form
    ? I've been gaming for twenty years, I keep replaying it waiting for something to click, but it still seems like impossibly broken instant death.

8. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Did you say guide? Please share!

I wish there was a way to track which stars I've already gotten. I'm just not sure if I need a new power for some or what. I figure I'm close to he end but I don't see how on earth to get a couple of them that I do see without some new ability.

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #69 Echoseven, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    This bit is spoilers for the third stage of the final boss. It's a bit of planning and a lot of luck.
    For the third stage, just like the second, take the teleporter ASAP. Freeze a little robot, or the rockets and jump to the roof and refill your grenades and hearts if you're short. Now comes the hard part!
    Find a good time to jump down where you won't get hit, then quickly freeze a rocket or a robot and stand on them. Chances are you'll take damage doing it, but on top of the ice cube you can hardly get hit. Wait for the boss to come around and lob a few grenades at him. Jump up when the ice block melts and rinse and repeat until dead.

Some of those are a little tricky! The guide is for all the stars, locations and all that jazz. Should be done as soon as I run through the game again to grab all the pictures. :p
    Will be my... Fourth completion now!
    Just as a little hint - you only get two "powers".
    Wall-jump and freeze gun.
    With those you should be able to reach everything!

10. GreyLeg

GreyLeg New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I've managed to jam the rocket between a planet and one of the floating meteors. Any way to shake it out?

11. guinea

guinea Member

Nov 27, 2013
    If the rocket is not parked, you can resume from your previous save by restarting. If the rocket is parked and jammed in, you can walk/hop to the nearest ship call point (the black obelisks) and call the ship from there -- that will free it. If you are in the village area you can return to the one you first used, at the space port.

12. Andonisus

Andonisus Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Great game, tons of fun and plenty to do!

I read your hint about
    comets, which I'm assuming are the blue rocks that I see occasionally floating around leaving a blue sparkley trail, but for the life of me I can't figure out what to actually do with them. Do I have to get out of the ship and shoot one??
    . I'm at 96% and have beaten the boss and all that, I'm just trying to get this last frozen star and it's driving me crazy!

13. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Ahhh, I finally got all the stars! The one with the spiral of spikes is very think outside the box, it was gratifying to have that "oh, why can't I just—can I do that? Yes I can!" Very cool, thank you Devs.

As for this one with the comet...you don't need to do anything to it. Just....pay attention to it.

14. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I'm loving it but the
    wall jumping
    bits are making me so mad that I want to go and buy a kitten just so I can set fire to it.

Any hints as to technique or shall I just resign myself to the fact that I suck?

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You need to hold towards the wall, grab on to it, hit jump, and then almost instantly hold the direction away from the wall. It's a little tricky.

To make it a little easier, after the first wall-jump, you can hold down the jump button and it will wall-jump you automatically. Great for going up narrow shafts and all you have to focus on are the direction buttons.

16. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Many thanks. Got to be better than my mash buttons and scream approach.

17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    There's a bit of momentum involved, which tripped me up occasionally in the speedier wall-jump sequences in the mine. If you don't hold away from the wall, you won't travel nearly as far.

On a different note, I completely forgot to post my collectibles guide here. =/
    If anyone is missing stars, hearts, or containers check it out: http://youarelowonhealth.com/momoka/frozen-stars-guide/

18. felder

felder Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    I gave up and deleted the game out of frustration as a result of
    having to wall jump and freeze the two moving spikes at the start of the mine

Games are supposed to be fun, and that was nothing but frustration.

19. felder

felder Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    Same. I deleted the game because of this.

20. graemebshaw

graemebshaw New Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Yes, I am totally stuck on Mine myself. 5 hours wasted trying to climb up the shaft with the birds and the falling diamond thingies. Doesn't matter how much life I have (all the hearts), I just can't make it to the top and then have to restart the level. Infuriating!

Adding a save game after the switch to flip the room would be ideal.

Also, if anybody can post a strategy / timings to get up that infernal shaft with the birds that would be great!