Universal Momoka: An Interplanetary Adventure (by Felwig Games LLP)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 14, 2016.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Ahhh...so it isn't on the same sphere as the Village Green...found it! THANKS!

2. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Well worth the price.

The controls and jump feels are fantastic, the story is cute and there is a good balance of people around with interesting things to say that help build the world rather than feel like fluff :) exploration is great...challenges so far keep it very interesting.

Currently I've got two cores and am trying to figure out how to get into that green planet...must have missed something...can't translate yet...

3. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I only have one core, but I found the translator. I love how open this game is.

4. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    You can actually break through the square boundary I the northwest corner..a guy says you are free to go but it's a big universe. I went on northwest for a good minute and found nothing though...went around the other side of the sun. Maybe something is out there :)

Just realized there is a little spot on that green planet for access. Going in!

5. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    I really like this game so far, the controls are great, the mechanics are still building I'm very early on, can't seem to find the keys for the space ship from the mom though. Someone said taiki street in haruto village but the map doesn't say village names they are only on the signs, I feel like I've gone everywhere that's open and still can't find mi Nader. But for people wondering I definitely recommend this game.

6. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Unfortunately one of the near end game bosses is broken :( Maybe my game is broke, the boss immediately spawns so many enemies that it's impossible not to get stun locked and die. Hopefully this gets patched.

It's a really good game though, happy with my purchase even if I can't finish it.

7. guinea

guinea Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Developers here.

This doesn’t sound like a bug-- that is what is supposed to happen, and there is a strategy for surviving it. That said, we do want to be sure that there are no problems; if you would like, you can send us some more information at [email protected] (ideally a video) and we can check it out just to be safe.

8. zinkdogg

Jul 7, 2013
    If you know you are on "village green" there's signs that tell you where the route will take you. Look for a sign that says Taiki street. You'll find the keys there. Getting lost is easy. I was stuck for a while on another part because I didn't see a path that was right in front of me.

9. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Part of the problem is that the
    teleporter pod doesn't go away after you use it, so in the midst of all of the tons of button pressing, that can happen again, and then suddenly there's tons of enemies and it's impossible
    . I don't understand how getting stun locked is supposed to happen or can be survived. :( I've tried
    1. freezing things and standing on them to avoid all the damage (but then the high green lasers knock me off and I get stuck in a ton of enemies and die)
    2. chasing the boss down, but he moves too fast and the damn teleporter pod keeps getting in the way
    3. running towards the boss, but then I get destroyed by all of the green lasers
    4. throwing grenades from the inverted roof, but of course those don't fall down

And I've played for at least a half hour just on that boss alone. I've got
    the first two forms
    down to a science but the
    third form seems impossible
    because of the huge amount of spawns.

10. Markaroni💯

Sep 21, 2014
    Motion sickness A..just can't do it

11. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    I've been struggling with that one too. Agree about the teleporter, that's happened a couple times.

I was thinking about the last item from the market and if it would help, but I think I have all the frozen stars I can up to this point. 32? There is one more I see in the village but I am thinking I need a double jump or something, and the one after a long spiral of spikes.

(These are all readily visible so I'm not spoiler tagging it.)

12. phorte

phorte New Member

May 12, 2013
    Male
    Adelaide, Australia
    #53 phorte, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    Dammit I think I found a bug on "Lost Ember" (planet in top left of the map). Went down and there was a sign to go left (I think to "temperature control") however I went right to explore instead.

Went down a hole where there's a checkpoint but I can't jump out. Killing respawns down the same hole :( Looks like events weren't triggered by not going left at the sign.

Looks like I have to start all over again...

13. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    #54 ZS77, Jan 17, 2016
    FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE DEVS - BUG REPORT!!

First off, amazing game - well worth the money, really addictive and love how it controls. Never feels unfair, mistakes are generally a PICNIC issue......except for the following!

****Spoiler Warning****

Have come across a game ending bug. I went to the Taiki Disk in search of my first core. I worked through the level, reached the boss and defeated him. Left via the normal exit route where upon the booby trap countdown started. Managed to get to the frozen star on the way out but then ran out of time and died.

Upon respawning, I am back in the boss room, however I am unable to escape. I can flick the switches to reverse gravity, but both exits out of the room are blocked.

If I head back through the 3 doors I entered from, I hit an invisible barrier just before reaching the first door out (which is now also closed).

If I try to leave via the proper exit with the countdown, the computer console tells me all 3 doors are open and the core is accessible but the door just past that (the exit which initiated the booby trap countdown) is closed and won't open.

I've tried reloading my save game but I'm still stuck in the same area with no escape. Bit gutted as I'm at 41% complete and it now looks like I need to start over! Not the end of the world as its a joy to play, just worries me the same may happen again if I do. Any suggestions? Thanks

Edit - Devs were very quick to respond via email. Fully closing the app and restarting seems to have resolved it. Bit odd as I had already tried that earlier - either way, problem solved. Thanks again Devs and well done! Cheers

14. zinkdogg

Jul 7, 2013
    Try using the rocket ship to get the one after the long spiral of spikes(if it's the one I'm thinking it is)

15. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    How do i enter the heat shield? There was only the puzzle with the fan so far where there was a countdown. But the passage didn't lead me anywhere. Other entries are locked by a wall(where you fall down). Am i missing sth?

16. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #57 H4nd0fg0d, Jan 17, 2016
    A lot of the locations and tasks are pretty vague. I still can't make heads or tails of the map, have only played for bout 1.5 hrs tho. Great game anyway.

17. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Another fan turned on right by the one that turned off.

Great game

18. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    You got a new gun cell, didn't you? Try playing with it...

19. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    #60 Solarclipse, Jan 17, 2016
    I can confirm this is not random as this happened to me too. I tried closing the app and it reset the computer message to open the door for me.