Universal Momoka: An Interplanetary Adventure (by Felwig Games LLP)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 14, 2016.

1. swoolf

swoolf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 9, 2009
    Have to agree as well. A great game and worth the $$.

2. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Incoboto

Looks like a 3d copy of Incoboto including the story and all. So I loved Incoboto so I may have to give this a try

3. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    The editors at Apple need to be made aware of this absolute gem.

When you consider the chuff that is featured this week (UK at least) they have to check this out.

Who's got the most sway here? If it were music I could have a word, but games? Sadly not.

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Any helpful tips for where to start looking for the keys to the rocket?

5. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Taiki Street, Haruto Village

6. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks dude. Heading there now #

7. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Not any review on the web ?

8. gearkin

gearkin Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    #28 gearkin, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    I have yet to see any write ups on this after it's release. I've been waiting for some sort of review before getting myself involved in this, but have had no luck. It looks very promising, but with a game like this, i feel that if some parts are not polished enough it can ruin it, e.g. the controls or the flying parts of the game

Hopefully this gets some attention before the weekend, good or bad. going in blindly with an iOS game is a crapshoot.

also the lack of buzz on these forums is off-putting. The forums are usually the foolproof way to get an honest opinion of a game and when there are few comments, its usually not for the best.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Unfortunately you guys aren't seeing the bigger picture. There are less and less people on the forums willing to take a 7 dollar plunge. Back in the day more apps were priced a buck and it was easy for people to part with their money, but now? Even those who would blindly buy anything that remotely interested them have chosen to limit their purchases and wait for sales. I can almost guarantee the moment this goes on sale, 2/3 of the forum will be like "OMG YUUUUUUUUS, FINALLY! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO CHECK THIS OUT!!!" in the sale thread, followed by a handful of "I feel terrible I didn't but this on release. It's amazing. PLEASE ADD IAP SO I CAN SUPPORT THESE AWESOME DEVS!". It's gross, but there's nothing we can do about it.

If the game interests you, please check it out. It really is worth the price.

10. gearkin

gearkin Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    #30 gearkin, Jan 15, 2016
    I have to agree with you. It's unfortunate

But I do feel like that's what sites like touch arcade are here for. To take the plunge for us. And give us a heads up.
    The lack of activity on the forums do make since because of the price tag so I agree with you there. I'm basically just being impatient about reviews.without playing any of the new games this week, This is the one that stood out to me. I'm more surprised touch and pocket gamer haven't been all over this. My only conclusion is that it's just ok. But I could be wrong. And hopefully I am

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I took the plunge and spent 7€ the second it was released. I have the problem of having iOS 7.1.2 both on my iPhone and on my iPad 3. I don't want to update the iOS because of performance and the loss of Jailbreak, tweaks installed, etc.

Therefore, I can't play Momoka, BUT the little I played with the game (even with the screwed screen and just the jumping button) was amazing, and it was on a 4S! This is the only game that has made me seriously think about updating my devices just to play it.

If I had to describe Momoka in a few words, it's a combination of Soosiz and Swordigo (people have already mentioned this several times) together with the freedom of movement of Prevail (check upcoming games thread). Honestly, if you're remotely into this kind of games, take the plunge, you'll love it. I can't express well enough how much I regret this game not working on iOS 7, specially after seeing how fluid and responseful it was...

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The game's been covered multiple times on the front-page and just came out, so I'm sure a review is in the pipeline, but as for it being TouchArcade's responsibility to give impressions, the forums are made up of the general public and avid iOS gamers (and not the people behind TA, though they do post every now and then), but it's not anyone's job to buy games and let others know how they are.

13. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Hmmm...where the heck is it? IsTaiki Street, Haruto Village located in the same "world" as Haruto Castle?

14. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    You can get to it from the village green. There's Momoka's house where her mother is and a neighbor's house there.

15. gearkin

gearkin Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    #35 gearkin, Jan 15, 2016
    I don't think you are reading what i am writing. I said i was being impatient. i understand a review is coming, i saw the number of previews but thats not what I'm talking about. And i didn't say its anyone responsibility to do anything nor was i complaining at anyone or about anything

This is my opinion (just like all my other comments). I try to buy games to support the game and the devs. With the amount of games released on the app store weekly, I'd rather not gamble on iOS games anymore. Too many times I've wasted money on garbage on the app store just because i didn't want to wait a couple days to read some reviews. This is just me.

16. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #36 ColeDaddy, Jan 15, 2016
    Ok...now I'm REALLY puzzled. If I use the Armory as my starting point and go clockwise I come across the following:Haruto Space Port
    Haruto Village Market
    Sign leading up to Haruto Castle
    Town Hall
    Sign leading up to Armoury
    ...back to Haruto Space Port

What am I missing?

17. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    GOTW. Bring out more chairs ;)

18. gearkin

gearkin Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Wohoo game of the week. I knew it ! Downloading now. Thanks touch arcade for the heads up again

19. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Great game...anyone on the fence....this is a gem and very unique to ios so if you can afford it.....its one of those games you are happy to pay just to experience first ✌#️

20. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    This is tricky (and annoying). There is only one sign, but there's TWO exits. I think it's the Armory sign, you can either go up and right to a long horizontal planetform leading to planetoids, or you can go up and left leading to some boxes and a guy. Up left is what you want.

This is on of my favorite games on iOS. I really wish there was more!!