Mommy, where do games come from?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by eeenmachine, Jan 9, 2009.

1. khangtoh

khangtoh Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Co-Founder/IPhone Dev @ LeftRight Studios
    Pittsburgh, PA
    LeftRight Studios

We're new and headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA

Here's where our games are born

[​IMG]

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    You need something on them wall, guys. Might I suggest a life-size poster of Dee Snider?

3. Paul Hutson

Paul Hutson Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    #143 Paul Hutson, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    And here are three of the people from the Iron Will Studios team at the little office we have in Ipswich, Suffolk, England (I'll see if I can get pictures of everyone else in due course) :

In order of appearance, top left, Jason Turner - our Graphical Whizz, seen here creating the Jump Gates for in game. He has been responsible for all of the graphics in game to date - he often builds things in 3D then takes pictures of them as it's faster than pixel pushing them in photo shop. (lots of screenies on the Outer Empires website).

Top right, me, working hard (Ok, so I'm probably talking to one of the beta testers in game) - note the cool KingdomGame poster in the background! :) I work on the back end and middle layer of the game (database, servers) and also the browser front end mainly. Uniquely for this game we're making the same gameplay available from both the iPhone and the Browser in the same universe.

And Bottom Left, Susie Rowland working on the iPhone version of the game... although this is clearly a staged shot and she has just opened the app to make it look like she's doing something ;) She works primarily on the iPhone version but also does some of the database bits at the back end too.

If you want to know a little more about the game we're currently developing check out http://www.outer-empires.com - it's a space based MMO, set in a huge universe of 20k star systems.. you can set up your own colonies, do jobs to earn credits, build and customise ships and their modifications, take over system, be a part of a faction (player run/made), amongst a whole lot of other stuff... :) EDIT : I should've said, this isn't an imobster type vampire clone.. bah, here's the video, it'll be easier.

Hope that gives you a wee bit of an insight into what we do here :)

Attached Files:

4. oftheheavens

oftheheavens Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I am in the beta testing and i have to say this game is AWESOME!

5. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #145 c0re, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
    Nice thread !

Jeez, Outer Empires looks really cool :eek:
    EVE online on iPhone ? Count me in ;)

Well, let's contribute then,

Here is my everynight workspace :

[​IMG]

and a summertime shot (top of the cliff view had a stunning factor) :

[​IMG]

6. lukeca

lukeca Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Developer of Thirty One

Just stumbled on this thread, well I'm the developer of Thirty One.

Here is me, my wife, and son:
    [​IMG]

Also here is an interview I did for a local news station:
    http://www.fox5vegas.com/video/21206320/

My office is a Macbook Pro on the living room table, so no picture of that :)