Universal Momentum: Turn Based Roguelite (by Jonathan Fouk)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lull4by, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Lull4by likes this.
  2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Quoting myself because it’s all still true. I frigging love this game and have played this for HOURS every day. On NG++ at the moment (there’s one more) and just getting 3-star gear but damn, the gear sets are HUGE.

Still wish it had a glossary though.

3. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Loving the game as well. Just not sure I want to pay for seasons. Never done that before and not sure I want to start now lol.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I paid for the ad removal (even though I never saw an ad) and the season pass mostly to support the developer for a game I love.

The season pass I would not recommend, to be honest. There’s just not enough on it, even though what IS there is nice. Most useful thing on there is the gold, but if you spend a bit of time grinding easier difficulties, you end up with tons of random gear to sell.

I’m feeling the gold pinch a little now, but only because progress through NG++ is slow. I’m getting maybe 1 or 2 pieces of gear because I die so early on…

5. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    I didn’t see this but was coming back to say I did purchase the season 1 pass. For now just wanted the extra rewards and incentive to play. I doubt I would buy another season though. But I do love the game. If anything I could say is maybe too many different armour types lol. Becomes overwhelming and hard to choose. Wish there was more then two layouts. Not sure if you get more when upgrading past 100.

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Sadly, no. I’m currently on 400 and would love more than two loadouts. That said, I only have 100-ish interesting pieces of gear left. Once you know what works together, it’s pretty easy to tell whether a piece of gear is worth keeping.

A sword with blunt damage (which is staff only)? Toss it. Armour with the Riposte set? Now we’re talking!

Speaking of, I love love love the Riposte set. It shuts down every single enemy once set up correctly.

7. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    I am loving dagger load outs. With 3 dagger weapons and a nice swing card, sword or axe, you can really trigger some nice combos. especially when you have mirror relic. Plus my current daggers have 60 shock which is just awesome.

8. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Wow, I just had the best run. First time beating the game. I beat the boss without it even having a chance to go and I didn’t need to rest. My set up was amazing. Two daggers, one sword and an axe swing. I could combo anything because of my relics where I also had double health mirror and two different extra momentum. But the killer is bloodthirsty set up combined with shock. Bloodthirsty setup is amazing. You can heal yourself so much if you set it up correct. With one swing I healed 15 points in one fight. Really really wish there were more slots to have pre sets. Should be at least 5.

Attached Files:

Lull4by likes this.
  9. Anotherkellydown

Can you tell me the proper way to do a combo? I can’t get them to cross over to other enemies after one is defeated. Is that the way it’s supposed to be? I figured there was a way to chain attacks from one enemy to another.

10. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    @Anotherkellydown There is no way to switch enemies. But you can use a swing in a combo that will attack all the enemies.

11. Anotherkellydown

Ok. At least now I know that’s not a possibility. I did know about the weapons that hit all enemies. Guess I just need more practice. I recently got the point where I can use daggers (that can be used to combo any color card) so that will be an interesting new mechanic to practice with. Thanks for the reply, @elcrazy!

elcrazy likes this.
  12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I have been running a staff with the Riposte set. Riposte shuts down every enemy combo, if you can pair your parries with a good spread of speed. And then the staff does direct damage every time. Superb combo.

My other saved set is Relentless, also with a staff. Breaking their guard refills your momentum and refreshes attacks so you can use them again. Best I managed is 6 attacks in one turn.

Going to try Bloodthirsty next, but Riposte is absolutely vital when the enemies get brutal.

Pay attention to the enemy as they’re getting hit. When the hit connects, there’s a bit of blood splatter: that’s your cue to tap another attack to combo.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  13. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Can someone explain the diffrent status effectts? frozen Lightning etc?

14. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #34 Lull4by, Oct 15, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    Flame, does flat health damage at start of enemy's turn.
    Frozen, cause momentum damage at start of enemy's turn.
    Curse, disable elite effects, if you got cursed then all your relics would become cursed.
    Poison, does bonus flat damage when you attack.
    Bleed, supposedly does %maxHealth damage.

I learned them from discord, credit to a guy named "Roxton", thanks again!
    (It might not 100% right, hope developer could explain them in the future.)

ps: I have no idea about lightning at the moment yet.

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #35 Echoseven, Oct 15, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    Frozen disables combos, meaning you (and the enemies) can only attack once.
    Lightning/shock makes the target skip their turn.
    Curse is accurate.

Pretty much the only ones I use, not sure about the others. Poison seems to deal to you damage every time you attack/block, so I’m guessing it’s an extra damage per hit. Could be good with daggers.

Lull4by likes this.
  16. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    Will this get support Japanese language later?