Universal Modern Combat Versus (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#41 Der-Kleine, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    What's this post even supposed to add to the discussion? Inconsistent performance aside (the game runs absolutely dreadful on my One Plus X and perfectly fine on my Shield Tablet, which was kind of to be expected but at the same time this does bring up the point that the amount of graphics and control options in the game are very limited), I think the choice and amount of content really prevents this game from having any lasting appeal. After just a couple of matches there's pretty much nothing new to see, as the single game mode on offer tends to lead to very similar matches.

The upgrade system for characters also feels kind of pointless, as straight up stat boosts don't make any sense for creating a balanced game, yet add absolutely nothing to the gameplay (unlike say an ability tree could). Where's the upside to that?

Sure, we could talk about about the several basic aspects of the game that are functional, but those are things you should be able to expect, if they really need to be emphasized then something has seriously gone wrong.

Perhaps the game would be more fun if there was anything noteworthy on offer to appreciate...

2. Phanatik

Phanatik Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    #42 Phanatik, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    One of the more frustrating aspects to the balancing is the fact that you can unload an entire clip and still lose a 1 on 1 battle by a couple of shots because the other character has a higher ranking and thus more damage and health. Becomes really apparent in Gold League. Really liking the game but that may become problematic. Hopefully it's a matchmaking exception and not the norm.

3. Kwadius

Kwadius Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    I really enjoy playing this as well. Looks amazing on my 7+. Haven't tried it out on my iPad yet.

4. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Vigilante
    Manchester, UK
    Does anyone know can it work on ipad air 2?

5. Marcel_GE

Marcel_GE Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Germany
    It works, but the resolution is terrible. I think the iPad Air 2 has enough power to handle the game in a higher resolution.

I have the same "problem" and I hope a future update will let me adjust the graphic settings.

6. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Well it would appear most of the hype around the game is gone.Devs are pretty quiet on all types of social media about future updates and patching.Also Gameloft's main youtube channel started releasing videos in different languages again,last time that happened and community managers were this quiet was right before the Vivendi buy.Wonder if the company is doing okay.Also have you noticed a lot of the new games that they had planned on releasing have been flying under the radar too?Like that zombie MMO game.Nothing about it for a couple of months ever since some gameplay videos were released for it.

7. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Yeah I stil can’t play because they haven’t patched the tutorial glitch. Everything in that video from 2015 detailing the future Gameloft releases were supposed to be out by now. The zombie MMO game still exists but I remember they changed a lot of it, and Asphalt 9 seems to have poofed. I think I’m gonna delete it, I was actually excited to play...

8. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Vigilante
    Manchester, UK
    Yeap, lots of articles wrote about that Vivendi issue. For example:

http://www.pocketgamer.biz/comment-and-opinion/65574/is-gameloft-on-the-road-to-recovery/

9. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    That was a pretty good article to read which basically explained that Gameloft 's games are popular for downloading but don't bring in expected revenue and there is low retention. The case being made with Gangstar New Orleans.

So they expect for that Disney game that they released, things aren't the brightest for the company. Plus I guess being low on community managers and having proper customer support helps a lot.

10. Ryzaerian

Ryzaerian Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Decided to give it another try and was happy to see that the dead zone issue has been fixed. Game is very smooth and fun now.

Any Touch Arcade clans?

11. Ryzaerian

Ryzaerian Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Season 3 just started!