Universal Modern Combat Versus (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    You can go to the settings and add a "fire button" instead of autofire, same with adding a button for the scope.

2. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Hehe, ya thats the opposite of what i want. I want more games with autofire!

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, haven't posted here for a while (as in literally over a year), but since the Modern Combat series (at least for the first 3 - 4 games, 5 not so much) was something I did quite enjoy I thought I'd give this one a try.

So, with that said, let me say this: I'm impressed...

...by how much more effort seems to be put into fancy container opening animations (which don't get me wrong, they do look great) rather than into the design of the game itself. And on that subject: Containers with timers to open them? Really? It's not like the contents of the containers are particularly exciting, but there comes a point where the developers begging you to spend premium currency (I think, I mean having not played that many mobile games in the past few years it get's a bit unclear which of the currencies is actually the premium one) or open the app once every three hours becomes a bit too blatant.

In regards to the gameplay I think they could have probably chosen a better game mode to start off with. It just kind of seems like a waste to have so many admittedly rather pretty maps, but have most of the action take place in one point with the rest of the map being kind of irrelevant. The game mode also doesn't lend itself well to the abilities of the various agents. I still only have the three starting characters, but I have yet to see any reason why you would ever want to use anything other than Kan. I mean, he's literally a character that not only has a lot of health, but if that's not enough can basically go invincible and heal up for a bit as well. This becomes a big problem once your team realizes this, everyone else also picks Kan and you all start chaining your defensive domes inside the capture point, essentially making your team invincible as demonstrated here:

I mean let's compare that to the abilities of the other two starting characters:
    - Ability to see through walls (note: Gives your position away as well as everyone sees your scanning pulse thing when you activate it): In a game mode where the objective is to stand in a small, confined area it's generally pretty obvious where the other players should be, and when there's no wall in the way the players are highlighted in blue or red anyway.
    - Ability to run really fast: Yes, this one does make that character harder to hit, but that kind of goes both ways. Touchscreen controls don't exactly lend themselves well to fast movement and precise aim at the same time either, and going back to the game mode again: The game mode isn't about movement. It's about standing in a small area. This ability doesn't exactly help you do that.

From the description of the other abilities I don't get the impression that they can compete with the defensive dome either in this game mode, as they seem to generally focus on evasion (not that helpful in that game mode) or dealing damage (which can mostly be countered by the dome).

4. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Guns of Boom

5. BrandonHacks

BrandonHacks New Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Overall I find the game playable, I agree it shouldn’t have started with the game mode that is centered on the map instead of viewing the most parts of it.

Can anyone help me? The korpens show 500/500 on the multiplayer match button and I am no longer earning anymore from matches. Am I supposed to do something with those?

6. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Game save? Doesn't appear to save to the cloud or to gamecenter...only option i'm seeing is facebook.

7. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Like every shooter released post 6S, it needs 3D Touch to fire. Why, WHY is this just not a standard now?

8. Jinxtah

Jinxtah Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    #28 Jinxtah, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Ugh... goddammit gameloft. your games would be some of the best on iOS if you didn't ruin it with your incredibly aggressive IAP policy.

Imagine if you had just charged say 10 dollars for it, with no shitty microtransactions. Maybe we'd finally have a serious multiplayer shooter. Hell, you could even charge for stupid stuff like weapon skins or new maps. It would have been glorious. What a shame.

9. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Are people having any difficulty connecting? I haven't been able to log into the game very often, it just stop at connecting. I'm currently playing on cellular, perhaps the game is limited to WiFi?

10. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does this game not have cloud saving then? That’s a first for GameLoft if it doesn’t.

11. BrandonHacks

BrandonHacks New Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Def not limited to WiFi, pretty much only play on cellular.

12. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Seems cannot adjust sensitivity of mfi sticks...

They are way too much sensitive as of now

13. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I like it. I’m getting into it so far. F2P is definitely there but it’s not nessesary so far. Can’t tell is it’s P2W later on with the upgrading of the characters but I for sure have fun with the game! I have to admit I love multiplayer games and this one plays very nicely.

14. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Yeah, usually takes a bunch of tries to connect and even when it does it's rare that everything works properly. The game will freeze on opening a crate (connection related I imagine), games time out etc.

It was fine before the global release so I guess more people are playing than expected. I'm sure it'll die down in a week or two...

15. Phanatik

Phanatik Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    One thing that sucks is that if you lose a player during battle it isn't replaced with a bot, you're just left in a 2v4 or 3v4 handicap.

16. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    So is there a way to cloud save? Is Facebook the only way?

17. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

:( I’m still stuck in the tutorial

18. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    #38 dunhila, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    http://youtu.be/L3Dk9oDrtcQ
    I made a short review video basically summarizing my biggest problems with the game. First I have to protest that on the latest and greatest Snapdragon 835 processor and adreno gpu the game just doesn't look like it was in the trailers. Also I detest the facg that there is a single game mode which is zone control and that that game mode doesn't allow you to explore the maps even if they are just 5 currently which is also bad. Also I see that one character was cut from the game for some reason. There are serious performance issues and a lot of lag while playing multiplayer. There are bugs and also on Android the game crashes way too many times which is annoying. Also you can't get tokens in the game to unlock new agents after you play a couple of games in one day. It just stops rewarding you for playing. You have limited slots for chest and each one takes too much time to open some even taking 12 hours. The game is forcing you to pay because grinding is pointless when you don't get rewarded.
    There is no character customization in the game it is planned as a future update, you can't change your weapons too. Basically the game feels pretty unfinished for what it is.Also there is no controller support unless you are playing the game on Windows. I also feel like there is a lack of communication from Gameloft about these issues especially when it comes to the android community. There is a lot more I could bash it for but I am getting tired of writing and this is a Gameloft game so it isn't worth it.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Dk9oDrtcQ

19. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    #39 fabianb, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Stop shitting on games like that. You just basically bash everything this game has to offer. Co’mon dude. This is just a rant. I agree Gameloft usually has shitty games and this one could have done better. But I am truly enjoying this game as a fun multiplayer game. Just enjoy playing it instead of just looking at the chests and coins. That’s your choice. You could have fun by just playing it. Too bad it runs shitty on your Android, and I believe you. That sucks. But it plays well on my iPhone 6s and it looks wonderfull. People expect to unlock everything in 3 days. Some grinding isn’t bad if the game is fun. And this game is fun if you appreciate what it has to offer.

20. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Reading my post would actually benefit you. Just like other people have pointed out grinding is pointless because you are not getting rewarded. Everything I said had a point and made sense but you just had to make a quick harsh response without reading as many people do. Try to be relaxed and read before you post otherwise your points won't make sense.