Apple TV Modern Combat 5 is out.

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by iPadisGreat, Dec 18, 2015.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    It has option for inverted Y axis for MFi controllers.

Has anyone found a good sensitivity setting for Steelseries Nimbus?

At the default, it turns too slowly, but when I increase it it because too floaty.

2. musicalmac

musicalmac Active Member

Nov 21, 2014
    I was pretty underwhelmed by how it plays. It feels like a hasty port because many of the UI elements are still tuned and labeled for touch screens. I imagine this will get better in the near future. Perhaps not with this title, but with future titles.

Just like DH5, I wish this played like MC4.

3. pixelpushr

pixelpushr Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Tennessee
    Just got my Nimbus today and this was one of the first games I tried with it. I have to agree that the controls do not feel good at all. Compared to pretty much any FPS I've played on a console to this, it just feels floaty/slow.

4. musicalmac

musicalmac Active Member

Nov 21, 2014
    You can adjust that a little bit in the settings, and it feels a little better. However, it's still very floaty. It's not even close to Xibalba - that game plays like a dream. Be nice to see NOVA 3 come to Apple TV.

5. swoop

swoop Member

Oct 4, 2015
    IT Consultant
    Brussels
    Buggy update

Last update (January 2016) makes the game crash everytime I try to play (regardless of single/multiplayer). It is just a rather shocking fail on Gameloft's side.

I indeed, deleted and reinstalled the game. It didn't help...

6. lonestarcarper

lonestarcarper Active Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Also it reset my player level to 1 from 97 gameloft customer service is trying to fix it now the Siri remote is easier to play the game with then nimbus steel controller the controls with nimbus are super mushy

7. swoop

swoop Member

Oct 4, 2015
    IT Consultant
    Brussels
    So, I did some reading on fora and discovered that it is probably related to Gameloft profile (used for multi device play) stored in / linked to GameCentre and renaming the GC profile might help. After I renamed my GC profile, levels loaded fully, but when I "pressed any key," the game was crashing.

But later, after a while of playing AfterPulse the strangest thing happened. I couldn't start MC5. That lasted for several minutes and then the icon disappeared/reappeared with blue dot - as if an update was downloaded. Ever since I can play MC5 again. iTunes reports that MC5 was last updated 15 December. Maybe the app is not Extended, but a separate Universal and aTV app. Anyone experienced this?

Bottom line, MC5 and Asphalt8 are the core games on AppleTv now. Especially because the progress is stored in the cloud and you can freely uninstall or even reset aTV. Excellent job on Gameloft side!

8. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    That's the TV updating the App

9. swoop

swoop Member

Oct 4, 2015
    IT Consultant
    Brussels
    You are right. I checked it and an update was released 2 days ago. MC5 for aTV is a separate application (not an extended one iPhone+iPad+aTV).

I could continue playing. To me Asphalt8 and MC5 are the best single player games right now.

I cannot wait for second wave games that are to come. Games that are available now are first wave - mostly quick ports from touch realm of iPad.

10. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Yeah agreed! I hope it catches on...

11. richdmoore

richdmoore Active Member

Feb 3, 2014
    I can’t get the game to work. It keeps saying I need to update the app, but I have the most current version. I even tried to delete and reload the app, but it didn't help.