Modern Combat 5 (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DA_Mar5ian_man, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Did he mean midnight tonight? :eek:

2. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    I can see how it reads like that but sadly I think he means midnight as the clock strikes 12am in each region come the 24th.

Wish it was tonight though!

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    For NZ it's midnight tonight, as it's the 23 today (now).
    for some reason the Australian store usually doesn't update till about 5am...(not midnight)

4. ioscody

ioscody Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Game is out now in South African AppStore R89.99 !!

5. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Yes, once it's the clock turns 12:00AM July 24th the game should be available in your region :)

Hmm...That sounds like a tolerance problem :p STEP YO GAME UP! JK. Honestly though, a good question. I'll be asking the team about it in an email before I leave today because I never saw an option to reset skills in the build I was given.

Sorry for the confusion! I mean when the clock strikes 12:00AM (midnight) and turns into July 24th. Like magic.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Are ya sure its the right game?
    That would be a day early if it were the case. Throw in a link.

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I just checked, it's not out there.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1848 Rip73, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    Same.
    Couldn't find it either.
    At least I know I'm not going blind or delusional.:)

Well.... Not completely delusional because despite knowing it couldn't possibly be out there, ....I still had to check. Oh dear.

9. ioscody

ioscody Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Sorry guys it's MC4 I got really excited :(

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ha, not to worry, it happens when everybody is excited and waiting for the game.
    I skipped a beat myself and ran off to check so that'll tell ya.

11. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Of course it's too early to pass judgement, as I haven't played the game yet, but one thing I am worried about is the noob tubes. In the video I linked there is footage of a 6-barrel MGL grenade launcher. In the video the guy is shown killing the enemy in only 1-2 shots, with a weapon that can fire 6 shot without reloading.
    http://t.co/yl3V2KZX3G

Maybe Ryan could make a suggestion to the devs to form a new class, one similar to heavy but with more resistance perks. For example the main weapon could be a LMG and the skill tree could include perks like flak jacket and tac mask, ones that make you invulnerable or have reduced effects from explosives or tactical grenades.
    Also, maybe an update could be released that would enable you to level up more, enabling you to get more skill points and max out all of the classes.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1852 Rip73, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    I have to admit that one has me a little concerned as well.
    But the range seems very poor on it so it looks very beatable with a ranged weapon.
    The game looks very good in that video and that weapon does look good.

The red 34, the Scar like rifle, seems to be the other top weapon and the most effective (bar sniper) against that set up with the Slak 7h (?) because can stay out of range and still hit them.

13. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    #1853 Triscuitable, Jul 23, 2014
    Yes, yes, let the anger flow through you all. Your pointless rage against a company with much more influence than you grows...

14. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Grenade launcher looks like it actually takes some aim, however they should limit the ammo to 2.

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It seems most only have one, some two and its only that one in the video, the last one unlocked, has six. I think.
    It doesn't appear to be a one shot kill unless its a direct hit and its certainly not high velocity so might be manageable.
    And yeah, I agree, it does appear to need decent aiming.

16. 2close4missiles

2close4missiles Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Jared's Personal Beard Comber
    On Jared's Chin
    I really don't have much to contribute except: GET HYPED!

17. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #1857 oscar123967, Jul 23, 2014
    No doubt some weapons are going to be over-powered at launch. Hopefully they'll be quick on a patch :D. What also concerns me is that head shots seem to be a one hit kill with any weapon. Head shots should kill quicker, but not that quick :p

Thanks ryan! :) you missed my other question though haha. Any word on level resets, leaderboard resets, etc. People are saying that the higher tier weapons are much more powerful than the lower ones, so it'd be unfair if they get to start off the game with them.

Edit: nvm just saw on the stream, everyone did get reset

Amen to that!

18. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Yeah, sorry I edited my post again with a 2nd edit to include that piece of information. My bad!

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1859 Rip73, Jul 23, 2014
    Funnily enough, that doesn't bother me at all.
    I've kinda always thought a head shot should always just drop em and was hoping for a game that would do that.
    Granted it would be frustrating at times but it would mean that players have to aim to be effective because a lot of players just spray and pray.
    It also means that if someone does have that grenade launcher (which looks more and more defeatable, the more I see of it), steady accurate rifle, headshot, bang.:)

Then again, headshots are always what I go for so maybe its just me.
    Crouching used to be very handy in MC2 as a counter measure as that was pretty much a headshot kill game as well.
    Of course that used backfire when they were aiming for body shots and you just crouched in to their direct line of fire.:)
    Either way, I still did like that element in that one and the more I hear of the gameplay, the closer it sounds to MC2.
    Which I actually like because I thoroughly enjoyed that game and was ridiculously addicted to it at the time.

20. ghostundead

ghostundead Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    What about the android launch???