Modern Combat 5 (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DA_Mar5ian_man, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Besides the unlock thing, I liked MC4 more. Sure MC3 was probably fun if you had a good device, but it was literally unplayable and unfair for older device users. Better device=better skills. Mc4 didn't have that problem.

2. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #122 WCFields, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    very true, i've quite a backlog of games

3. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    you havn't upgraded idevices yet oldman?

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Couldn't afford before, but I have a summer job and I was left behind from our family's trip to Croatia, because of that summer job so I'll get like 300€ in consolation as well so I should have like around 1000€ so I'll be buying a new device, yea. Also living alone is exciting. :)

5. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Don't waste your time trying to get new apple devices to play mobile games... That's the dumbest thing you could do. Time to invest in ps4

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #126 Rip73, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
    Ps4 will be great, no doubt.

Its not very fair though, or reasonable, particularly in the context of an iOS gaming website/forum, to make that statement.

@lolavi, don't buy until September ish. You'll have a better choice then.

7. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Well at least on consoles they don't make you buy new devices every damm year... On apple and all these tablets, they are keep making to stay up the date to play the game in the best quality. And I see some people actually buying new apple devices every year for gaming and that is huge money spend. Idc what other people do with their money but you gotta think back and realize its not really worth it

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    This isn't the place for this discussion.

If you feel the need, create a thread in the lounge, please.

9. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Lolavi already has an Xbox 360, and is obsessed with FIFA 13. I know, I chat with him everyday.

If he does get as new iPad, I would be so dead. I am like his arch enemy.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Both of these statements are so true. Also since my Xbox is fairly new, I am not planning on buying a new gen console in at least a year. But it's time to upgrade my device. My iPod is so dead nowadays. Lags like hell all the time. It's just too old... End of discussion. Sorry jbruu.

11. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    It's gonna need mfi controller support for me to bother with this. There will be a good handful on the market to choose from in a few months with developers rushing to update their games easily with the new mfi controller infrastructure in ios 7. It's really gonna be a game changer for mobile gaming and any big game that don't support it will be lagging behind, no ones gonna want to be touch screen gaming by the end of the year.

12. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I'm already dreading the file size

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Meh, for me touch controls are way better than controllers for FPS.

14. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    You must have an extra pair of thumbs

15. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    I think the main problem with touch screen FPS controls is that in console games like COD, you hold down the aim button WHILE you shoot, and when you stop shooting you take your finger off the aim button. In Modern combat, you have to press the aim button, and then shoot, then press the aim button again, it's so inefficient, if they find a way to sort that out then there will be nothing wrong with touch controls.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's a matter of familiarity with the controls and positioning the buttons to your liking. Touchscreen FPSs work, otherwise Gameloft wouldn't continue making them, the MP wouldn't be as competitive and servers as full as they are.

Here, for instance, is my control layout for MC4. I have a kd of 2.54 (give or take .01), obviously not too good, but quite decent nonetheless.

Edit: damn, that lack of retina is jarring. Must've been before the update. The guy flying up in the air like that is an occasional glitch with the ragdolls. I thought it was hilarious when I knifed someone and all of a sudden they flew straight up 150 feet :D

Attached Files:

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Now that's a payback.

18. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Agreed. The ragdolls are hilarious.

19. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    They need to make changes to the multiplayer, I never really got into the MC4 multiplayer because of a few reasons:

1. Slower rank progression - somewhere in between mc3 (too slow) and mc4 (too fast).
    2. Unlock guns as you progress - having them all available at the start of mc4 took away some of the objective.
    3. Better matchmaking system - too often in mc4 did I have matches with 2 vs 3 or something like that, and very rarely had 6 vs 6. As well as this, when people leave the matches, it seems to not replace them, it just leaves them until you are playing against nobody.
    4. Smaller maps - the map sizes were okay in mc4, but having one or two smaller maps allows for smaller teams to work if there are not enough players.
    5. Have better statistics available, such as favourite weapon, kills/deaths with each gun etc. similar to the combat record on Black Ops 1, with full in depth statistics, it just increases motivation.

Do these and it could be the best modern combat multiplayer

20. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012

Attached Files:

• 106.jpg
      106.jpg
      File size:
      128.5 KB
      Views: