Modern Combat 5 (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DA_Mar5ian_man, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The revival mechanic in campaign leads me to wonder if there is a co-op element in there somewhere...

2. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    you might not have listen because the video was in french so i ll let you know that at some point the guy said that there will be stealth elements, infiltration ( first time on the mc serie). rail shooting ( like in the trailer), fully controlled vehicules ( tank, hellicopter) and other stuffs....

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    That's actually a nice lead you got there.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Didn't last stand get a lot of hate in COD?

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It's something that doesn't work/is BS in multiplayer, in the singleplayer mode it all depends on how good the teammate AI is at running over to you and reviving you.

6. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    You've missed my point, being that they should offer individual players the choice of handling a situation may it be by means of stealth, assault, or anything else.

7. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Won't happen. The closest Gameloft has gotten to Crysis-level was NOVA 3, and even that was still heavily scripted and extremely linear.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The closest Gameloft got to giving players different ways to approach situations was actually Modern Combat 2.

9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#89 Der-Kleine, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    Unfortunately back then the AI wasn't good enough for you to actually be stealthy, with every enemy being alearted once you killed someone, If I remember correctly. Also the levels were still much too linear to ever have more than 2 options at most when it came to how you wanted to approach an arena full of enemies.

10. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Ahh just toss a dozen grenades in that works for stealth I mean they won't see you... till its too late of course.#Or you could take the conventional course and just shoot me all.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    No, that's not true. You could alert as many enemies as you wanted to on stealth missions, just you had to kill them before they shouted or fired their weapon. If they got to an alarm, then the entire level's enemies were alerted.

It was actually a ton of fun, and the level design was leaps and bounds better and more varied than MC3 & 4. MC2 had a spectacular campaign.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Modern Combat 5 Wishlist

I think the title is pretty self explanatory. What do you want to see in this fifth installment, both ideally and realistically?

13. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    A good storyline like COD:Modern Warfare series.

14. I haven't played the fourth, so I'm not sure what should be improved based off of 4.

15. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Ideally?
    Co op survival
    Realisticly?
    A cover system like the rainbow six game.

16. These both would be nice. Just more content in general besides a campaign and multiplayer.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Stealth sequences and missions. Since in the missions you are mostly solo or in pairs, this might be something to consider.

A subplot where your last memories were being at the past war, and now find yourself under another war and while playing through, there is an OPTIONAL story arc that you can discover who you are and eventually reveal that you are a revived cyborg-ified soldier with a past as a psycho war veteran. That's why your memories are a little fuzzy, and it gives more open field as to why you can continue your game after death, and still retain your stuff and things like that. :D

18. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    MFi controller support

19. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    This. MC2 was the sh*t. The silenced weapon mechanics were excellent and were even carried over into MC3 I believe. Really really stoked for MC5. MC4 had some graphical issues in its first trailer. MC5s going to look much better.

As for gun recoil, BF3 had similar aiming issues during beta that were worked out by release.

20. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    whats it? another joystick controller? i hear apple is working on own iOS controller so maybe we can see it soon :)