Modern Combat 5 (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DA_Mar5ian_man, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It looked unfinished. The slide doesn't pull back when a shot it fired to eject the spent casing - speaking of which, there are none to be seen exiting the guns. The muzzle flash also looked pretty weak.

Yay more MC! But not so soon, geez. Do you realize that there are 9 CoDs and this makes 5 MC games? That's insane, this is becoming another milked franchise.

2. LM10

LM10 Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I completely agree with everything you just said.

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Technically there are more than 9 CoDs if you count the games on handheld consoles (The ones they made for the DS, the one for the PSP and the one on Vita. Not that any of them are good.... You could perhaps count the CoD Zombies games on iOS as well, but those are a bit different). Also, if you're counting MC5 already you'd have to add CoD Ghosts to the number of CoD games.

Still, Modern Combat is probably the biggest AAA mobile exclusive franchise there is.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Five modern combats in five years is still too much. I enjoy them, sure, but how about taking a two year break and, oh, I dunno, actually coming up with something remotely original? By that time iOS devices will be powerful enough that they can include 16-20 player MP, maps the size of of NOVA's that are actually populated, partially destructible environments, controllable killstreaks, an armory of 40+ guns, and maybe 2 or 3 unique game modes. Add some maps with water so that we can swim underwater and flank the enemy base, or make a map with a few turrets and interesting environmental hazards. Come on, the possibilities are endless if they just sit down and think for a bit.

The series it too derivative, that's what I'm trying to say.

Better yet, forget the campaign and just focus on getting the best MP experience possible. No one cares about what happens to that pasty-thin terrorist at the end of MC4. Or you know what? How about a series of co-op missions, a la spec ops mode in MW.

5. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Nope. I think infinity blade is.

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I just hope they don't screw over us iPad 4 owners like they did MC4.

They've done that in a few of their previous games like Splinter Cell.

7. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Boat part didn't look too good. Noticed like really weird gun recoil?

8. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Glad I'm not the only one.

9. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    It's definitely caught me off guard. My theory is it will come out thesame time, just a earlier trailer like the COD franchise for hype.

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Never said it was fun, just that Gameloft has done it before. Was not a fan.

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

12. YoungSinatra

YoungSinatra Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I have a strong feelings this is for next gen iDevices and might lag a bit on the current iDevices . Gangstar Vegas lags on the my iphone 5 so lets hope this doesn't

13. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    How bad is the lag? I'm still on the fence. About buying it

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  15. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    It's a locked framerate subject to stutter when loading bumpmaps and ambient shadows. No "lag", perse, rather just a lack of response thanks to the capped FPS.

16. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    The cancelled unreal engine one? Of course they would reuse the assets. It is game loft after all...

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    ...the new COD of course. One of its big things is underwater sequences, including entire firefights underwater.

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #58 Rip73, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    Its a fair comparison to mention Ghosts but the reality is that it does have more to do with the work they did on March Of Heroes so the concept goes back much farther. And Gameloft wouldn't of had any of the info currently available for Ghosts when developing that sequence.

Anyway underwater sequences have been in more than a few console games and if I remember right, at the announcement of March of Heroes, there was a lot of similar talk of Gameloft copying whatever console shooter at the time had an underwater sequence, possibly a Battlefield or Medal of Honor game, but maybe Black Ops. Can't remember exactly which one at the time.

19. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    HEY!! I have gangstar vegas and it doesn t lag on my iphone 5. Its blocked it works exactly like on the ipad 4 30fps locked but i did figure out that its lags like hell as your battery is getting closer to 20%!! It took me a while to realise that!! Hope it helps you!!

20. Opinion

Opinion Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    On my 4s it has simple lag when driving into a place you haven't been in a while, but in missions and such there was no lag for me. It's a good game for the price and it's definitely a LARGE improvement in the gangstar series. The only thing i'm not too happy with is the targeting system which could be worked out quickly with an update.