Universal Modern Combat 5: Blackout - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 23, 2014.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    You've just made my life a hell of a lot easier. Thanks heaps!!

2. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

I agree.

3. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Took one hour for me to go from 80% to 30%. If you don't have a charger nearby, be forewarned.

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Its a pity the low scores. The game is good and everyone's been hankering for it for a while now. No IAP or currency is a huge concession from Gameloft. I'm enjoying it so far and no framerate issues whatsoever on iPad Air.

The only thing is the graphics could be way better on the top device. Even my customiseable soldier is clearly quite blurred. The rest of the game the graphics is just passable but should be heaps better on iPad Air.

Am happy now with the controls. If you want to move the buttons you can only do that from the campaign menu as I found out here. It's still worth 4 stars and 5 if they fix the graphics.

5. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014

Hi Ryan - thanks for the quick feedback. I've been communicating with you on Twitter as well over the course of the past 12 hours.

I've emailed Gameloft support just now since i've tried every possible solution, I feel:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the game
    - Restarted my device after reinstalling
    - Reset all network settings via Settings > General on my iPad
    - After being frustrated with the above, I backed up my device and restored it to 7.1.1 - still stuck on the same error

I've included my proof of purchase (receipt screenshot) + device's IMEI and UDID in my email to support as well - perhaps my device has something to do with it? In any case I look forward to this being resolved as soon as possible :(

6. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I have been playing this on iPod 5 the past hour and it's great! No major lag whatsoever and it plays great! I haven't dipped in multiplayer yet, just beat the first "Awakening" section. I'm heading to multiplayer once my iPod charges back up. 5 stars so far from me!

7. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I am really blown away by how good this game is, stunning on iPhone 5S. The only negative I have is how hot my phone gets.

8. gleeclub

gleeclub Active Member

Jul 10, 2014
    been playing, amazed how good the FPS and graphics are, it does eat alot of battery, im playing on i pad 4

9. Checkerspell

Checkerspell Member

May 31, 2014
    I can't believe it, my first multiplayer game and... a hacker.:(
    The gameplay is amazing.

10. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Wow I'm enjoying every minute of this. But the frame rate does seem to be a bit on the low side most of the time (iPhone 5s)

11. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Huh, so it's not just me.

12. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Is anyone else's game completely freezing/hanging on the JOIN SQUAD page?

13. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Loving it. No complaints on my iPad mini. No frame rate, freezing, or crashing issues on my first gen.

14. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Thanks really good to know! Any chance you can throw up a screenshot? I know it's not gonna be the highest in graphics settings but would be nice to know what it's gonna look like

15. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Frame drops on my A7 devices >.< ... But it looks pretty :( *sigh*

16. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    Can we please disable SSAO... Do not want, do not need. I miss the frame rates of MC4. The game is beautiful though!

17. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I'm seriously thinking about getting this.

I hate the predictable by-the-book cliche filled single player GL campaigns.

But, it's the MP good? How's the framerate on the like of the iPod touch 5?

18. socom39

socom39 Well-Known Member

Horrible frame rate on my ipad 2 I'm thinking about refunding.

19. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #159 Nekku, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Even with lowered resolution it's not smooth on my MiniR. Two of my friends (1 iPad Air, 1 MiniR) reporting the same issues to me (so pls dont tell me it's smooth or my device is broken, cuz it's not). If you ever played a fps on pc or console you will immediatly realize it. How is someone able to aim accurately this way?
    Anyways, i've forced my iPad to run it in Full Screen iPhone mode and it's smooth as butter, though, the resolution is crap. What a shame but I couldn't stand it that way especially due to it being an fps.

Side effect: my battery lasts forever.
    (Sometimes I'm glad being jailbroken)

@GL: just give us a damn switch to shut off SSAO or switching to non-retina (1024x768)

20. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    if Gameloft could blocked all of cracked versions and ban the pirate users,i purchase it