Universal Modern Combat 5: Blackout - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 23, 2014.

1. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    And it's out! UK App Store. :D

2. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm not from America...
    So I'm downloading it right now ;) !!!

3. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    So is the MP cross platform with android? I'd like to bash some of those droid needs :). *nerds

4. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Yeah I'm not very good with multiple accounts!
    Anyone with the Autralian account want it???
    I got an MC5 autralian code!

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Nope.

6. severian1987

severian1987 Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I'll take it! Can you message me the code?

7. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Bring it on, you sure you can see me on that small screen :D

That was a joke before people flame me lol

I have android and ios

8. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    That mean from release, that pirates getting it are unable to play the game? So no cheaters in game from now on... Or pirates detected n banned still from today? Or was they just banned before launch?

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Purchased but can't download until I finish work : (

So I seen one comment on battery saying it wasn't too bad, how is it for heat generation? Like some games that make your phone feel like it's on fire? Or just normal?

10. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Gets quite hot but nothing to worry about, im playing on a sony xperia z2 so cant comment on iphone but i dont see why iphone would be any hotter. in fact the z2 probably gets hotter because its waterproof and i assume that would hold the heat in more.

11. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Game Impressions

OK, so I just played 20 minutes or so.

Single player is quite hard, and all I got through was the intro in Venice, and then went to play the rinjo temple mission whatever and the game crashed.

Multiplayer was fun. Played one match though. I love how I don't have to worry about sprinting anymore. Thanks Gameloft. Its not hipfire friendly though, but I like that. It still felt fast paced even on the big maps I played on.

Attached Files:

12. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Just played the first section. Looks really nice. Gameplay is good but what you expect from this type of game. Only flaw is online only but they've given an explanation for that, although don't pirates and cheaters affect multiplayer only? I don't understand how they would affect single player game. Still so far so good looking forward to see how it goes. And to all those naysayers out there the game looks great and plays like you'd expect from a high quality game. Are there any multiplayers out there who suck badly at it and want to join together, let me know!

13. gleeclub

gleeclub Active Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Hurry 11pm

14. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Oooh, you're lucky! ;)

15. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    90% of the fps players NEVER buy the fps for it's single player,they buy it for it's multiplayer=gameloft will loose a lot of cash if there will be hackers and cheaters in the multiplayer because as I said before 90% of the customers buy the fps for it's multiplayer.

16. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    why is there a silencer attachment in a game with absolutely zero infiltration?

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    This is one rock solid game.
    I had high expectations. They have been surpassed.

No detail impressions yet as I'm too early in it as yet but I'm very impressed so far.

It feels very different from the last two and reminds me of MC2 more so.
    It is definitely a step up though.

Plays solid and steady with no framerate issues at all on iPhone 5 and iPad 4.
    Plus it looks amazing.
    The artwork is of a very different style to the last two also but it still looks really amazing.

So far, it is very rock solid. And that's about as good a compliment as I can give a game.

Controls will take a bit of adjustment but fully customisable.

18. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    I played like 20 min of the game and i refunded it. After MC3 somehow each MC iteration got worse and worse. controls were subpar and the guns felt weak, and "sprinting" felt like jogging. I would even say MC3 had better graphics.

19. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008

God!! I hate these nonsense, unfounded and baseless statistics that people bring up whenever talking about first person shooters.

How did you come about such statistics? And talking about 90 percent, did you follow people home to find out whether they played the single player portion or not?

Jeez!! Before all these multiplayer fads, there was single player. My 80s and 90s gamers can attest to this not this new and sorry generation of gamers.

Multiplayer remains a bonus game mode and never the real thing. Ask Titanfall Devs and they would tell you why they are talking about single player in the next installment.

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    So someone asked in upcoming thread about Skill Points and character level and class upgrades/skills.

Skill points are awarded in the time limited events so maxing all classes is possible if you take part in the TLE's