Universal Modern Combat 5: Blackout - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Yes, all accounts have been reset and leaderboards were as well.

I didn't see the full change log but I do know that we submitted another build that's different from the leaked one. It's possible that had some improvements in it, hence the better graphics.

Controller support is something the Devs are considering for an update, so definitely keep an eye out for that if you don't get it now. As for the online requirement, it's something we implemented due to the unified progression system that's new to MC5. We wanted to ensure players are on a level playing field when they move from SP to MP and vice versa.

The campaign should get you to around the mid 30s in levels. As for time, it'll depend on how often you die :p

2. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    On iPad Air people are saying the graphics aren't better, but lower resolution to up the frame rate?

3. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Cool, thanks. I think I might pick this up but it seems kind of expansive. There's no launch sale?

4. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    On the first loading screen (where shaders are loading, etc), it tells me I FAILED TO CONNECT over and over. Just bought the game and tried this on multiple wifi networks...

5. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ryan - could you please shed some light on this? Stuck on the first loading screen with a "failed to connect" message - bought it from my local App Store (India) just a little while ago... Tried resetting network settings / restarting my device / reinstalling the game from the App Store 3 times... No luck

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Servers are always slower at the beginning as they align to the loads.
    Give it a bit of time for the servers to adjust for you're region.
    It's quite common when loads suddenly increase in new servers as new players are coming online. It's just a slight adjustment period.
    If you're ping is low, it would impact it as well.

7. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Guessing you meant expensive.

And no it's not really for what you getting. It's the best mobile FPS, it has a single player campaign that from what I have seen seems pretty good fun, and MP that if is anything like Mc4 (it will probably be better) will be hours and hours of fun. There are ZERO IAPs.

It's only $6.99. Which would probably be about two coffees.

This game on a Vita or DS would easily be $20-$30.

There may be a sale at some point in it's lifetime, but I encourage you to get it sooner rather than later - youll get your money's worth.

8. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Well, ..... So far absolutely AWESOME!! Using iPad Air graphics are superb but what's more is the framerate is for once on a Gameloft game enjoyable. I always experience lag on Gameloft games mostly but so far this has been ok at least for now.

Love the blood and gore. It shows especially great in head shots.

9. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    +1.... People complain incessantly about freemium and then complain about premium prices... (Insert having cake and eating it too reference) Roll on 11EST so I can insta buy you!!!

10. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I'm sure he means its expensive for an AppStore game, which technically it is. But, this isnt your average game. As Mess mentioned this can easily be a $30 game. Its packed with content, give it a go! :D

11. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    #51 paulkolin86, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    6.99$ it's the cost of a bottle of vodka here in my country. I bought two ones for tonight to celebrate the release of MC5. ;) just 2 hours left and one bottle is empty already. :D

12. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Serious? That's hardcore! I have a bag of sweets for tonight, but I ain't playing it till tomorrow!

13. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Am gonna play it till I finish the second bottle and two beers. I can go to sleep then :D

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    People know I'm not the greatest fan of requiring a permanent internet connection to play games, but when a game that is so centered around multiplayer requires one...it kinda makes sense, right?

Stupidly good game. That is all. See y'all later. :)

15. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Already out on Android if anyone's interested!

16. dwx882

dwx882 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Why couldn't they make this like The Amazing Spider-Man 2, where you can at least play through the single player campaign offline? I wouldn't buy that game until they made it playable offline. I don't do a lot of multiplayer gaming, so online play means next to nothing for me. I would prefer being able to play single player offline. This *was* going to be an insta-buy for me, but not with internet connection being required. Pass.....

17. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #57 oscar123967, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    You should really give multiplayer a go! Even the devs mentioned that multiplayer was their main focus in this game :D

18. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    No launch sale. We think $6.99USD for all of the content is a pretty solid deal! Hopefully you do too if you get your hands on it :)

Based on the huge flood our servers are taking with people downloading and coming online, it's possible we might have some snafus like this.

I'm really sorry for the problems, but please hang with us. I'm going to report this to the team so when they get back in the office they are aware of it!

See above. I think it's just the flood of players coming online that's hammering our servers right now. Definitely really sorry it's happening but hang in there with us!

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it and good luck leveling up :)

19. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Patiently waiting :3

Can anyone post some first impressions? :D

20. ghostundead

ghostundead Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Hell yes its out on android and downloading as I type this, can't wait to play!