Universal Modern Combat 5: Blackout - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 23, 2014.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Hi,

First time on TA forums in like 2 years or something... Anyone have any distant memories of me from the MC4 threads? :p Anyway, downloaded this game after it went free on Spring and I'm not quite sure what everyone's hating about this game? For me there's those annoying energy bars, but honestly it just helps calm down the addiction. Other than that I only hate the noob tubes, but mostly I love this game :) First time having fun with MC series in a long time after MC4 started to lag a lot for me.

Edit: Omg I'm still a spam police, how?! ��

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Noob tubes?

3. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Ha! I am glad someone else gets confused by the term - I think it basically is the people that spam fire the LGR to get kills with no skill!

4. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Yeah, it can apply to any grenade launcher or rpg that people spam.

5. Anonomation

If I experience what you call "noob tubes" I then go into evil mode and start following people until they stop to shoot and stabbing them. I kid you not, I have turned the outcomes of entire matches with silent stabbing.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Knifing is another unbalanced, OP and annoying thing which I forgot to mention. Why does a ####ing knife have the range of a joust?!

7. [David]

[David] Member

Mar 24, 2015
    England
    So how is everyone finding the new LGR nerf? For me less people seem to be using it when I join a game, which is great :)

8. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    its still annoying me... but not sooo much

9. [David]

[David] Member

Mar 24, 2015
    England
    Haha same here. People still use it in VIP but not so much in other modes.

10. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Perhaps that's why, I have been playing VIP because of the challenges :)

Been playing some games as heavy to try and get the shotguns unlocked, the main thing I find with that is how much better I am when I switch back to recon or assault :D

11. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Just noticed that the Charbtek was buffed. Shoots WAY faster than before. Tried it out in a match and went 20 kills and 1 Death :D

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    People used that (at least pre-nerf) all the time in Capture the Flag as well, but thankfully the objective doesn't revolve around kills. CTF is literally the only game mode I play, something about it is just too awesome.

13. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    #2253 Mess, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    I used to but at the moment I rock FFA. Love it when the game goes right and you just kill everyone :)

Had an awesome run yesterday, actually in VIP but still counts, three of the opposition were in a line and I just killed one then when he dropped killed the one behind. All as 'close ones' :D

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yea, but tbf you can play CTF like that too. If you have great teammates then they'll do the capturing for you and you can just spawn rape or defend your base and get games like 21-1 etc. But then again, if you have bad teammates and you have to do all by yourself then scoring a flag while just about surviving the gunfire is extremely satisfying too. Idk, CTF is surprisingly varied and awesome. Always loved Zone Control in previous MCs, but now I'm more of a team player so whenever my teammates sre just going for kills it gets me frustratwd cause you cant play that alone

15. wssroach

wssroach New Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Hi guys, I want to ask if I can get my progress from android to iOS? I bought the game on launch day for like 10 bucks, and I was a veteran, now on iOS it's a pain in the ass to have to wait to be able to play.
    Any help?

16. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Try logging into facebook on the android so your progress is saved in that manner, then log in with facebook on the ios device. Not sure if that will work or not, but I haven't found anything that explains how to move your progress from platform to platform.

From their support page:
    Hope that helps.

17. wssroach

wssroach New Member

Jul 1, 2015
    I've found this too, doesn't mention cross platform though. When I first installed the game on my iPad, I logged into facebook, I was hoping that automatically would get my progress, but nothing happened. Now i'm logged into facebook on my android phone, and on my iPad too.
    I've sent Gameloft an e-mail, they don't even respond.

18. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    It's hard to get any real support from any developers beyond indie...
    I've sent emails and posted comments for Real Racing 3 on their facebook page, here, and their own pages, still haven't received a response. All while seeing other things being replied to that aren't support questions. smh

19. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    GL were quite active in these forums, at least for Asphalt and early days for MC5.

Unfortunately they were quite heavily attacked in this thread so, understandably, they aren't around here anymore (not sure if they are still active in the asphalt thread).

20. Anonomation

Gameloft Ryan and Kyle used to be frequent, they now only appear occasionally and I might only see them once a month.