Universal Modern Combat 5: Blackout - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Ads for what?

They are advertising half price on some coin packs at the moment, I haven't seen any others

2. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    About razor and a stupid freelium title

3. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Oh not seen them at all... Are you on iOS or android?

Try reporting it direct to GL, if your not supposed to get ads then you shouldn't be. I haven't seen any ads, so would guess that on iOS at least you shouldn't be seeing them. Not sure if the freemium players get ads on iOS as standard...

4. terrence92

Nov 12, 2013
    It was about razer keyboards... Yes latest ios, iphone 6. The report system to gameloft is a pain in the *ss

5. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Very very weird... Exactly the same setup as me! And you definitely got the game before it went free??

Not sure why they would be doing that actually. I have not seen adverts for anything other than GL games in GL games!

6. terrence92

Nov 12, 2013
    I have no clue. And yes I bought it day one :)

7. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Very very odd...

8. Saadouch

Saadouch New Member

Apr 9, 2015
    There is a solution of banning it says :: we've detected an activity suspected how tell us that you progressed on a anormaly way........please contact the service client :: Heeeelppp meee !!!!! ;( modern combat 5:eek:

9. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Guessing that English isn't your first language and that wasn't a direct quote from the game (if so then GL need to sort out there wording)

I think basically their hack detection software thinks you are hacking the game. This happened early on in the game where people were actually just being good at the game, so good the hacking detection stuff thought that they must have been cheating, so they got kicked off. They were able to play again, around 24 hours after they got banned.

In the meantime go to Gamelofts site, probably forums, and open a support ticket. Explain to them you haven't done anything wrong :)

10. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    #2210 paulkolin86, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    I'm also getting those strange adds :/ wtf is wrong with this game. Yesterday it was ok.

11. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    :( getting ads for the bunny thing at the moment! Post to Facebook get some stuff.

I can think of another f word I will say if I start getting more ads.

12. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Never got this high score in my entire playing of the MC series:cool::cool::)

Attached Files:

13. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Nice :) play CTF or ViP and you can get some crazy high scores :)

14. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Thanks. You know, I probably played a bunch of noobs and got lucky:)
    I will try CTF or VIP like you said. I am always on team or free for all.

15. [David]

[David] Member

Mar 24, 2015
    England
    Nice score! And I got an ad the other day as well :/ I can't remember what it was for but if it happens again I'm going to complain. I paid full price for the game so I think displaying ads is really unfair.

16. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I would too. Not on really. Still haven't seen one, maybe I am just lucky...

Oh and I have the tier 6 support now. It sucks compared to the tier 4. Well I think it's the tier
    4, the one that reloads really quick!

I am tempted to try heavy and sniper now, but I am so bad at them it's not funny :D

17. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Thanks! Delete and re download again perhaps?

I love asault class the most. Having 4 grenades at your disposal is also awesome#

18. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Mine is still recon. Having the radar perk is just tooooo good. I was playing a game yesterday was something like 28-4, having started with a 11-0 streak (which is awesome for me) and then my connection died :( was so gutted as with two more kills I think I would've broken the 4k points barrier! I have the bunny mask which gives 5% extra which really helps ;)

19. terrence92

Nov 12, 2013
    I got answer to the veterans seeing ads from gameloft;
    Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Gameloft Customer Care.

We are sorry to hear about your issue.

We have to inform you that you need to make a purchase in order to turn off ads.

If there is anything unclear, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

--> wth? Do these guys even read their mails? I stated that I already bought the game when it came out at full price grr

20. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    hmm seems like a tick box type thing that isn't linked into the veteran status, which it should be. They just need some more logic:

if Has customer bought IAP
    or Has account been active since before freemium date
    then ads = off

simples.

Also explains why I haven't had any ads, as I spent a $10 GC (I won) in game...