Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    All I want is a small file size. But I'm guessing it'll be over a gigabyte.

2. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Small file size=small game

3. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I'm hoping it's at least 1.7-3 gb, because then it will be a big game.

4. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Yeah this will be a huge file. Single player campaign+multiplayer+high production values= huge file size .

5. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Can't believe no one's questioned the legitimacy of this yet! The link is to an Android site, so it's not even speculated for iOS and doesn't actually give a link to where they got the article from. Also, I'm sure GameLoft would've realised there would be hype and release a picture, even if it was just the words 'Modern Combat 4' in their fancy font.

I've no doubt there will be a 4th installement, but I think they'd be more professional and mysterious about it.

In other news - an accumulation of MC franchise info from last 3 years

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    So Galaxy on Fire 2, Real Racing 2, Shadow Gun, Dead Trigger, Epoch and Dead Space are all small games because they are all under 500 MB?

Maybe I should've clarified what I meant by a small file size. I'm not expecting it to be in double figures, but it should be possible for Gameloft to compress their file sizes down to around 500 MB or below, instead of the usual gigabyte monstrosities that eat up all the space on my phone.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    My head hurts when I read some of the comments in this thread...

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #48 Rip73, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
    Real Racing 2 is 1.1gb installed and Dead Space is 825mb installed. Not that it really matters as they are probably the two best iOS games ever.

The file size still can't be higher than 2gb. That's a limitation applied by Apple. Source is Apple iOS SDK kit.

The article itself may be an android website but the source of the report is the Gameloft corporate website. Since it was first published on their own website, the info is legitimate. And it was not an announcement targeted at gamers, it was a financial report.

The article gave a link to the Gameloft website, you just had to go to the corporate section to find it.

And this is not Gamelofts first time giving info on games that are coming without releasing a picture or info on the game. In Feb, they released financial results that stated what games were coming during the summer, including Spderman and Dark Knight. All prior to any actual info or screenshots on the games. Financial results contain a lot of info.

However, since then, they have removed reference to certain unannounced games, including MC4, from the report. if you had read it on the 4th, they were mentioned, today they are not.

Either way, the source was legitimate. And I don't know why it would matter if it was an Android focused site or not, virtually all of Gamelofts games are released on both platforms anyway. And there is no question that MC4 will be, is being, developed for both.

9. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    I would say that epoch, dead trigger, shadow gun and dead space are short and lacking games. Epoch is on rails, dead trigger might as well be on rails with how linear it is and with only a few levels. Shadow gun and dead space can be completed in 2-4 hours...

10. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I wouldn't say that they are short and lacking games. Shadow Gun and Dead Trigger may get a bit repetitive, but there is plenty of content there.

Anway, the point I was trying to make is that a small file size does not always equate to a small amount of content in a game, and vice versa. There seems to be a common misconception on these forums that a game needs to have a massive file size to be a big, long lasting game with lots of content. I've seen this topic come up time and time again, especially in Gameloft threads.

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #51 Rip73, Sep 8, 2012
    Dead Space is a short and lacking game??? Really???
    A game that received numerous awards and Game of the Year from Apple is a short and lacking game??
    It may not have online mutiplayer but it trashes the story, voice acting and atmosphere in all of Gamelofts campaigns in Modern Combat, which can be completed in short time as well. Plus survival mode in it essentially makes it endless.
    Plus there is no way it can be completed in 2 hours on first play through. Or on the hardest level.

I am amazed that one of the highest awarded and most involving games ever on iOS is considered short and lacking.

12. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    I believe one of the achievements in the game is to beat it within two hours so yes it can.

13. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    I posted this in another thread, but I'll mention it again. I was looking around Gameloft Live and found achievements for a Modern Combat Tactics. Could be the next game ...could be a different game. Anyone's guess.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #54 JBRUU, Sep 8, 2012
    :rolleyes: and I would say you have no clue what you're talking about in regards to dead space.

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #55 Rip73, Sep 8, 2012
    Yes and I said on FIRST play through or on HARD mode. At least read the post fully before you counter it.
    If you've played through a game a few times, a lot of ios games in particular, beating them in 2 hours isn't much. Most gameloft games would fall into that category.
    There are exceptions, but not many.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #56 Rip73, Sep 8, 2012
    It's a freemium game in beta testing. Modern Combat Tactics Free +.
    It's not MC4, it's just using the Modern Combat name. It's format isn't revealed yet but think how that freemium Gangstar title compared to freemium Gangstar series.

17. Jordanbuzz

Jordanbuzz Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    #57 Jordanbuzz, Sep 8, 2012
    Not trying to be rude but there is a ps vita that has amazing graphics and console quality games. Edit Sorry. I got confused

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #58 JBRUU, Sep 8, 2012
    He was speaking specifically about iOS, and it's debatable whether the vita has games that look or play any better than some of their iOS counterparts. I will admit it was a neat idea, but Sony isn't supporting it enough and there aren't that many games for the platform.

Edit: ah you thought he was talking about Nintendo DS.

19. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    DS refers to Dead Space, not nintendo ds. This is an Ios discussion, and has nothing to do with other systems.

Edit: posted too late nvm

20. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    He means Dead Space (for iOS), not Nintendo DS.

EDIT: Werebite870 you were faster.. hehe