Universal Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    Play Ranked Matches to earn coins to buy Weapons & Weapon attachments. If you play custom matches you don't earn coins.

Personally, my favorite rifle is the Charbtek-28, I do very well with it and it is very effective both long and medium range.

Just About everyone else's favorite gun is the Compakt-665, which is very effective in short range situations, not so much long though. So it really depends on your playing style.

Also remember that in the Options tab in the menu, if you go to Settings and HUD controls you can change the placement of all of your on screen buttons, which should help any trouble you're having. Hope this helps.

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Thanks. I'll aim for those weapons. So far it's slow going. So far I'm level 7 and feel like I'll be playing with the standard load out for a long time. I spend most of my time just getting destroyed by level 50 players with far superior weapons. This is the wall that stopped me from playing plenty of times in the past but I'm hoping I can keep moving through it to get better.

3. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    I totally understand... Problem is the game has been out for a looong time you know so everybody is super high level. You should definitely investigate MC5, it comes out on Wednesday the 24th, and not only will everyone be level 1 along with you lol, but you can level up your multiplayer progress and unlock guns through single player.

4. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #6004 Jibba, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    Thanks, BT. I hear ya. Just wish there was some way to match up against players at a similar level.

So I read somewhere else that the UFIA is one of the best weapons. Really hoping to figure out where to spend money first. Should it be an assault rifle? They cost enough that I want to make the right choice. The standard rifle seems hard to actually kill the better players with. I find myself burying bullets into an opponent only to have him turn and on-shot kill me. But it could just be that I'm not good at headshots yet.

Any other beginner tips out there? Specializations? Alternate weapons? Is it really bad that I end up with a ton of deaths and only 2-5 kills per match? Thanks!

5. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    When i open the game, i get this message : "please update to the newest version to continue" - - but when i go to appstore, there are no new updates... I can't play for some hours now...

6. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I'd suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling to see if that helps :) I haven't seen a new MC4 update go out recently, so it's really weird that it's prompting you to update.

7. Crius

Crius New Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Anyone tried this game on the Iphone 6? (If so, how are the graphics?) I'm looking for a good fps shooter but I hate the "always online" requirement for MC5.

8. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I'm still gonna stick to mc4 since mc5 just sucks...I still can't believe how Gameloft managed to mess it up.

9. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015