Universal Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #5961 Johnny101, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    Any of you guys playing this on Android? There seems to be a saving problem. For some reason it won't save my stats at times which makes it very hard to upgrade.

2. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    The Compakt is WAY too OP.

3. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Wish Gameloft would hurry up and implement iOS controller support ;)

4. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    They won't add controller suport, or else sales of MC5 will suffer. Greed takes over ya know :)

5. I don't think it has anything to do with greed, it would just take a huge amount of work to redo mc4, not worth it.

6. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I doubt it to do with huge amounts of work.. yes it will take effort, but these devs are making money. Are they THAT lazy to add controller code into the game.

7. I still disagree with you, if it had been so easy to make MC4 work with joysticks, Gameloft would have done it long ago with their Duo Gamer Joystick. I don't think it is such an easy thing, under ios 7 it probably would be easier, but remember, mc4 wasn't made for ios 7.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #5968 Rip73, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    It has nothing to do with either money or laziness.
    MC4 will very soon be legacy and obsoleted out by MC5.
    Investing time to update a soon to be obsolete product would be utterly pointless and a complete waste of valuable time.
    And that time is the major element.
    It is simply time that is not available because there is not a single development team available to do it because they are all working on something already, be it a new game or updates and fixes to recent ones.
    So no, it is neither money or laziness, it is time.
    That laziness comment is typical of those that have no real understanding.
    Their time would be better spent making the new one (and other new stuff they are working on) as good as it can be and improving the recent, non legacy games.

9. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    This.

Nothing else to add really.

10. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I still disagree. If they don't update it... Then they don't care about the consumer, only money. What if someone wants to test drive mc4 with controllers before purchasing mc5? Game loft should care about everyone.. That will equal to more sales, it's worth it.. I doubt mc4 will become obsolete.. All they gotta do is put it in sale again.

If they don't continue to support 'old' games like mc4, then there only motivation is money and not gameplay..

11. But this is a huge basically console like game.

It's not that easy updating. Plus now it is the day and age of ios 7, joysticks are made for that not ios 6.

12. Lift the Camel

Dec 1, 2013
    Yeah, chances are slim that they will update it with controller support at this point. It would be nice if they did ;) Now if only we knew when MC5 was set to release...

13. Should be coming out pretty soon.

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    You're not only ignoring the point I made but your just not making any sense now.

If, by your logic, updating it would increase sales and they are greedy and only care about money, you're words, not mine, well then it would already be updated. Going by what you say. Do you even see the inherent contradiction you've made there?

A product becomes obsolete when it is directly replaced by another product. MC5 is the sequel to MC4, it replaces it, improvs greatly on it and in the process makes MC4 obsolete and legacy.
    MC4 is still a great game and is about as right as it can be at this stage but MC5 is/will be better in every way and making sure it is right is where the focus should be.

Have you looked at Gamelofts current catalogue of games? Or their back catalogue? For all the platforms they develop for. If they were to continue updating every one of the games they ever developed, they would have no time whatsoever to develop new games.

Which is the ultimate point I made in my post that you seem to have simply ignored and gone with the usual clichéd "lazy", "greedy" and "money motivation" developer criticism that so many seem to employ without even considering the bigger picture.

Time is the biggest factor in this case and the simple fact is that there is neither the time nor the spare people available. Simple as that. Agree, disagree, whatever. It doesn't change the fact that making recent release's right and developing new stuff becomes the priority once a game is considering complete and is about to be replaced.

Maybe what you should be asking for is that controller support is done right in MC5 rather than looking for them to go backwards.

15. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Haven't read the thread but is this getting ios7 controller support?

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I thought that MC4 was ALREADY obsolete. Last time I played it there was no one on the servers. The game died too soon.

About the controllers, no way they're going to waste time to update this game. But meh, I can't care less about iOS controllers in FPS games, or in any other game actually. I don't get why people want that much iOS controller support for everything. Other than for emulators, I can't see the point behind buying a iOS 7 controller, buuuut that's off topic.

17. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Well because they haven't added support for it... I won't be buying mc5. There you go.. Sale lost.

18. Lift the Camel

Dec 1, 2013
    I've never had any trouble getting into a game, just playing it cause I suck with touch controls ;)

19. Lift the Camel

Dec 1, 2013
    No, just wishful thinking.

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012