Universal MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY (by Square Enix Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Gilgilad

Gilgilad Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    #141 Gilgilad, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    I am assuming you are playing on normal difficulty? I have switched to Hard difficulty in the config menu so the game is giving a really good challenge already towards the end of chapter 1. For those who are saying the game is too easy, switch to hard mode and don't use any phoenix down. Much more fun this way. Phoenix downs are like gameshark cheat codes. It is fine to use them if you need to or want to (nothing wrong with using them), but to use them immediately when you die the first time on a hard boss and then make claims the game is too easy is kind of a head scratcher.

Any game is easy when you play on its easiest mode and use IAP consumable continues whenever you find something difficult like hard boss battles.

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i just finished chapter 1 after two afternoons of a couple hours each. Is the content of the English version limited so much? If chapter two takes a concentrated day, or two afternoons to finish it as well, how long will we have to wait until the next content?

I know after ch2 you can of course go to trials, farm, get stronger etc, but usually F2P games make you spend some time before reaching the endgame grind. Is this all the story content we have?

3. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Content

There is much more content to come; the Japanese version is almost 3GB in size as of today. This international version is still in its infancy. It certainly does take a lot of time to complete chapters and areas in this game, but the game gives you plenty of time to do it. In the meantime, you could be collecting seeds to complete your job skill panels, leveling up ability cards, etc. Keep this up each day, and you'll always be ahead.

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    allright, thanks for the answer senkoujin! I bought a job summon and i got the hunter calss, so i'm levelling that now.

i just hope they keep the content updates coming relatively on time :)

PS for anyone gathering skillseeds, it may say that the card abilities are mage or ranger etc, but you can use them just fine in any class that can generate them. For example, as a warrior i could cast blizaga just fine, even though it said "mage ability" So all in all, equip cards that generate the skillseeds you need.

5. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Argh, this really looks terrible on the iPhone 6 plus. I read somewhere that it's because the 6 plus can't process 1080p HD textures with it's 1 RAM CPU but I've never had issues with other games with high-end graphics.

The JP version has an HD texture pack I've heard, but even then some people with the JP version say it's not available for 6 plus users. Disappointing. I'm not normally a graphics snob but when you see screenshots and videos of this game on other devices (even the 5S has a high graphics setting) it really puts you off. I mean, the 6 plus is not exactly a "low end" device so I'm not sure what the issue is here.

6. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Maybe they had to lower the graphics because the 6+ is the only device in Apples lineup which renders graphics at a much higher resolution than the screen is capable of, just to downscale it afterwards to fit the screens resolution. This process takes a good junk of processing power away so it would probably struggle to keep up those graphics.

7. Sequence

Jul 15, 2012
    Damn. That makes sense I guess, so I guess it would be fine on a 6S plus with its 2gb RAM? I might be due for an upgrade from my carrier lol. What a boneheaded design by Apple.

8. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    There is a graphics setting under etc. settings, at least on the iPad. Might help.

9. Sequence

Jul 15, 2012
    Aware of that. But for the 6 plus, you can only enable "Low" or "Normal" resolution. There is no High setting.

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #150 Vovin, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Graphic options (low, medium and high) are available on all devices, yeah. Already level 94 and finished both chapters. Come on, SE. I need an update with new stuff.

11. Sikuzo

Sikuzo Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    Looks like they updated the game, now free magicites are permanent, no longer disappears after 14days. Great now I can save up for the monthly subscription...if I'm still playing by then.

Finished both chapters completely, hope we can unlock next chapter soon.

12. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014

While I'm glad for the change I wish I hadn't spent magicite already now. Would have been that much closer to buying the möbius pack for free

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Uh... Yeah... Me too.

14. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Where did you read that?

15. Sikuzo

Sikuzo Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    Their Facebook page, and I confirmed it myself in game as well.

16. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Really digging the game, there's a lot more to it than your average F2P game, particularly if you set the battles to hard. Hopefully it doesn't take terribly long to release the Japanese content in NA...

17. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Looking forward to that at well. This game has really grabbed me. I especially like the battle system. It clicked with me. Graphics on my iPad Air, set to highest settings, looks excellent and plays pretty smooth. Still occasional lag but not much and not often, just a loading spin or two here and there. Already bought some iap. I feel like I had already got my money's worth from the game before I bought it.

18. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #158 aconfusedkender, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Yeah I beat all the content as well so far. Wish I could keep going lol. Wait you can set the battles to hard!?! Gonna have to look into that

My level is 113 but have a couple more to level. Haven't spent a dime so far and I beat it all for those F2P haters. I know if you look on the "calendar" tab they have a list of upcoming events but I didn't see anything about new chapters. We'll see

EDIT: I see hard mode is rather a challenge on some of it (; that's good to see but I wish there was some indication per level showing that you beat it on hard mode. Like a different colored check mark or something that way I could try and go through it all on hard while I wait for the next chapter to come out

19. Sikuzo

Sikuzo Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    #159 Sikuzo, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Hard mode is pretty nice to farm skillseeds with the x2.5 multiplier at highest difficulty. So close to getting my Black Mage job.

20. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Why cant japan for once make online mobile game without laggy menus? Its just most annoying thing ever.