Universal MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY (by Square Enix Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    After the awesome trailers and a lot of hype, this feels more than a little underwhelming after the first 2 hours in. The gameplay doesn't seem strategic to me except that it will clearly require you to level multiple jobs and decks to have enough element combinations to address vulnerability combinations in various battles. In this type of game, that usually boils down to a gatcha battle where getting one great drop isn't enough. I'll play casually a bit more but will be cautiously monitoring this thread for fear of a paywall.

One positive compared to the other recent FF game is that people don't seem to be spending their first 24 hours constantly re-rolling with the bonus drops for the best possible starting party. ;)

2. Woodlandstar

Woodlandstar Active Member

Nov 19, 2009
    #102 Woodlandstar, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    My god the menu system is a cluster#### of information. It's so cluttered, really don't like the design of this at all

3. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Paywall Antics

You can rock one job and dominate even without the enemies' elemental weaknesses. There is essentially no big paywall if you play everyday because this game has more balance than your typical FREEMIUM game. Please read my previous post for more insight on the matter.

4. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Mage can't use earth do won't make earth orbs.

Also I believe the boss fights do that so you can replay them, because after you beat them the first time the story progresses and then is just a tougher replayable fight after.

5. Dema

Dema Member

May 16, 2016
    Good graphics. Is there any multiplayer though?

6. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Is the only way to get job cards to pay for them or save summon tickets?

Do they ever drop in a chest?

7. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    So far I've only seen them from the summon. And I've completed the full story(just have some bonus missions and areas to clear). Whic is a shame I really want warrior. The actual warrior class is a bit stronger than the onion knight advancement.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Upgrade your character in the Skill Panel (Cards>Deck>Skill Panel). After you have unlocked all the available panels, you can then use a crystal to unlock the last panel which unlocks the next Tier of the class you are currently using. Then you gotta work on the next set of panels to unlock the next class tier.

9. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Having a lot of fun with this. I haven't felt any need to buy iap yet. Level 11 Mage. Finished Chapter 1. Working the Mage dungeon in the chapter 1 area.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im playing a Warrior and chapter 2 starts me out to fight Earth enemies and my class doesnt have access to Wind element. LOL

11. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Mage doesn't generate earth. I may need to build another deck and grind its level for such situations.

12. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I know but that isn't a new job card.

13. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Ok thank you! Makes me wish I hadn't spent my tickets on a 4star card.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Getting a job card is a waste of resources unless you get the high end job that you want, coz you'll eventually unlock those, but it will take time. So basically it's just for the impatient.

One thing im unsure of, is if getting the job card unlocks the panels that come with it. If so, then it may be a bit useful, but then you still need to grind to activate the panels.

15. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    That is very wrong.

The warrior,knight and dark knight you unlock through the Onion Knight tree is weaker than getting the Warrior Job card and leveling that up. The difference doesn't seem to be extreme, and it's only a difference after maxing them out. But it is different.

The jobs in Onion Knight and Apprentice Mage are more teasers for each job.

16. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    How often were the summon tickets dropping for you? Is it possible to get them on a replay chance albeit a very small chance?

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Really? How different? The stats? Coz that would be stupid making it look more like a pay2win.

Thanks for correcting me though.

18. Pyapiopi

Sep 13, 2014
    I haven't opened every chest, but beat the main storyline and I've gotten 13 summon tickets total. None were by chance.

It's definitely not possible to beat the current content and get all 6 jobs free.

And not entirely sure what the actual differences are but the biggest is the weapons. The jobs fully upgraded weapons are superior (for what that job is best at) than the all-around versions from onion knigh and apprentice Mage.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ouch... Do the Jobs get a different starting weapon than the blank edge (or whatever the name is... for each class)?

20. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Thanks a bunch for the info I'm going to save the rest of the tickets I get then.