Universal MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY (by Square Enix Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Have now advanced past the black screen and am now stuck on the "square Enix" screen after updating from iOS 9 to iOS 10 beta...seriously no one else having issues loading up the app?

2. Dman

Dman Member

May 14, 2012
    I think upgrading to iOS Beta was your first mistake there bud

3. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I'm considering to upgrade to iOS 9.3 because my 9.0.2 have GC bug so i can't save the game :(

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Amen. Looks a lot better on High on my ipad air.

5. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Wasn't working on iOS 9 either, it advanced 1 step further on the beta lol

6. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Haven't played too much FFRK to make a judgement but as of this minute I prefer Brave Exvius a little bit more since it felt a bit more lively / RPG like than Mobius although Mobius thus far has had the more challenging battles. Right now Mobius feels like a battle treadmill after my first couple of hours. I also kinda like the art style more in Brave Exvius although that's down to personal preference. My issue with Exvius at the moment is that it is one of the most unstable crashtastic games I have ever downloaded in the entire history of gamedom. I will certainly play a bit more of Mobius before I make a final judgement but so far it's a pretty solid game.

Exvius
    + More out of combat RPG aspects
    + I prefer the pixel art style.
    + Feels like I have a bit more variety.
    + I enjoy character collecting instead of ability collecting.
    - Battles are very mundane strategically compared to Mobius.
    - Criminally unstable on my device (iPad Air). Crashing every 10 to 15 minutes is not an exaggeration. As a matter of fact I uninstalled Exvius until 1.1, then I will check it out again.

Mobius
    + Very nice visuals, just make sure to turn the resolution up in the config if your able.
    + Much more satisfying battles than Exvius. Already in Mobius I have had some really good back and forth encounters.
    - It's a battle treadmill...so far. Which isn't entirely bad since the encounters can be exciting and tense at times. I just prefer a bit more openness. Although the game does have different paths.
    +++++ Very stable on my device (Air of iPad)
    - Would have preferred a bit of character customization, beyond the various job outfits since your stuck with the one hero.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just changed class into a warrior, and it's awesome :D

Somehow i am enjoying this more than i should. At least until things get too difficult which is where the high level gacha pulls may come in. Sigh...

8. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    this solution finally worked for me

http://www.amixa.com/blog/2016/03/16/solved-ios-gamecenter-hung-unable-to-play-gamecenter-games/

You need ssh or ifile and to delete delayed request files.

9. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I see bonus area after completing chapter 1, where is chapter 2?

10. youtube_JasonWivart

youtube_JasonWivart Active Member

May 1, 2016
  11. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Glad it's not just me :)

I agree with you on the fact that there are both types of game and I absolutely don't mind some f2p stuff. Just not this one.

12. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    If your where I am, opening the bonus area on the world map dosent mean chapter 1 is finished. Once you wrap up the bonus area go back to chapter 1.

13. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Played a little more and its just not my cup of tea

The card system is too much for me

Would it have been normal weapon/armor upgrades with lvling and upgrading in a skill tree it would be better IMO

14. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    #94 AppWhore, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    I've a couple of stupid questions.
    As a Mage how do I generate earth orbs? I've only been using Mage cards which don't seem to have earth yet but my main problem is generating earth as a Mage even if I take another class' earth card :(

Second, there's a red dragon boss that keeps moving around the map, should I be chasing him /keep killing him or is he a waste of time?

15. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    The Mage job generates fire, wind and water. You may have to switch jobs to generate earth. Every job I've seen generates three resources out of four, although I'm only a tiny bit further than you so I'm not sure if that changes. You can create another deck under the decks section with a different job to combat the wind creatures / bosses with the earth element.

I can't be much help with the second question since I don't remember if I chased the Red Dragon around or not. I do remember chasing a "certain wind creature" around a bit later in the campaign but I may have followed the Dragon for a bit too :D. I would recommend trying a couple more fights with the Red Dragon and if he keeps moving then he may just be a non-quest boss.

16. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Thanks, I've beaten him around 6 times so I thinkmi'll leave him #
    I got the thing with the jobs but with my others being lower lvl than the place I want to fight I guess I'll need to farm some lower levels.
    Cheers

17. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    I have a rule, I don't play portrait aspect games. I prefer landscape. I don't know why they chose to design it this way, seems a step back for a turn-based game.

18. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Thank you.

19. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Apparently iPhone 6 Plus users don't have the option to select the High graphics setting, only low and normal which is very disappointing. It seems the JP version is the same so it's not a bug. Infinity Blade looks great on the 6 plus so I'm not sure why they couldn't squeeze in HD textures.

20. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Those small bosses will always move about but there's also a small drop chance that he will drop a crystal for advancing to the next job in the skill tree :)