Universal MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY (by Square Enix Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 3, 2016.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    "We"? Speak for yourself! No idea whether I'll stick with this game but there's a better chance that I will since I can play it one handed.

2. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Can't get in. Error 12 after choosing name

3. triptych

triptych Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Same here. Their servers are probably getting slammed or some error brought it down.

4. triwolf

triwolf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2012
    I guess I'll pass on this game, as I've never played any Final Fantasy.... I'd rather go buy one of the premium titles. But there are so many, which one should I first try??

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Each one's different, so you have an option to either go for the more modern looks of FF7 or FF9, or the classic looks of the older ones. FF3 and 4 are in their 3D remakes, while 1, 2, 5 and 6 are updated to look sharper from their classic pixelly looks.

6. neumanator

neumanator Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2015
    I always think IX is a great place to start. Great characters and story and the iOS port is GREAT! VI is also amazing and has the older look to it, if you want something that is a bit more spritey.

7. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    6 is the best I think. Great story.

8. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    proof of what I say is that these 3 you mention are ranked by the prenss and users with very low scores, say I'm the typical user would rather pay for quality, play a free to play social it falls short in many sections, for me the best is the kingdom hearts birth by sleep psp. without giving much importance to this last'll start by saying that the vertical games are not the best bet as it detracts from the player the ability to use a gamepad comfortably. I think people lately content with anything and as long as well. They continue taking trash. and the final mobius fantasy has its good things, but to be a fantasy end is very badly

9. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I don't find the graphics all that great... Alright but not great.

10. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    well, i'm surprised. In Exvius they gave us all that stuff where we could reroll to get some good stuff. Here the preregister reewards dont allow you to roll for a job or a rare ability, even after the tutorial.
    Speaking of, it's pretty complex. Magicites, cards, ability cards, skills, skillstones, elements, tickets and summon tickets...-be prepared.
    It looks wonderful! Now if only i could roll for a job that could change my character's appearance to anything other than feminine warrior or homeless ranger... i guess i'll be patient.

11. jchesnutt

jchesnutt New Member

Aug 3, 2016
    This kinda crap kills a game right out of the gate. I was excited seeing the graphics, but the prologue was the only thing I'll probably ever see. 80MB of space I can use for something that works.

12. vinotauro

vinotauro Active Member

Mar 12, 2015
    I think the game plays great for a mobile game, the combat actually takes a bit of strategy as well. However, this little subscription plan for $19 is pretty outrageous IMO.

13. jchesnutt

jchesnutt New Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Geez! At least you could get that far! Nothing but error 12 saying that I need a more stable (not possible to get more stable than what I have other than a direct Ethernet connection, which phones don't do) connection. Excitement bubble: burst. Not sure if it was worth the wait now...

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I'd have to agree. I gave it a shot, but during the 30-60 minutes I tried it I was laughing at the cheesy story/dialogue and getting bored of the same 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5 battles and no exploration. And I thought Chaos Rings 3 had too much cards/upgrades for me, but this one has so many different little things to level up or collect, etc. These games just aren't made for gamers like me or you I guess. Which is completely fine with me. I'm glad to see some of you who want a more bite-sized Final Fantasy with all the F2P mechanics and server issues are getting these games from Square Enix. I'll probably always prefer the premium model and classic Final Fantasy mechanics. That's what I get for growing up with that. And as long as they make games for both F2P and Premium gamers, I can't complain.

Anyway, it'll be back to Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy IX, and various LEGO games for me.

15. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Played the JP release for a few months and it grew boring. The freemium model doesn't hinder the game much as they are lenient with it. The problem is the gameplay, it's repetitive and boring. All skills look the same and only differ slightly. Some might like it, some won't, the real test is when the novelty wears off. :eek:

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Nearly all of the game are unrelated to each other. If we're talking purely mobile ports get FF9. It's probably the best RPG port I've ever seen and the gameplay is phenomenal. I can only hope FF8 gets the same treatment.

17. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    6, 4 and 7 are required to even call yourself a gamer. I think its even illegal to be on a gaming website without having played them.

18. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Can confirm, it is against the law in 50 states.

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm also curious as to whether the pre-registration has anything to do with the game. I didn't have to enter my email address when starting the game. And my email isn't tied to my Gamecenter. So, why did I Pre-register?? Anyone know how to receive pre-registration rewards?

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dunno how either, but i got my pre-reg stuff.