Universal MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY (by Square Enix Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I believe it fills to 100, not 1000.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    True and i agree as well. The game itself feels a little shallow to me though, but somehow im quite enjoying it right now, just not enough to justify the monthly sub.

3. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Lol, then back to a shocking subscription

4. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    I think I'm just getting too old to play stuff like this. Too many layers of stuff which immediately turned me off.

Yup, graphics are glossy etc., but I just haven't got the stamina to bother learning about element rings, cards, combinations, spells and all that.

And I speak as someone who happily learned and played the ultimate mime combo to beat the bosses in FFVII.

Back to Severed for me.

5. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

I'm exciting about the size in fact, I'm wishing it will be even more :p. Great title like FF shouldn't be lower than 1GB of size, I really want to enjoy the high quality of graphic of this amazing series.

6. AppWhore

Dec 24, 2008
    Was just going to say, not sure if the subscription is worth it as I've no idea what's for what. Really complex atm

7. Techzamazing

Techzamazing Well-Known Member

It was 80 MB to download. After that you need to download 300 MB to play. I played one hour and after that it ask me to download extra 200 MB to play next missions. WOw.......

8. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    I mean, looks terrific

I don't know about the F2P model at this stage, but the game's presentation is the best I've seen in a long time, looks absolutely stunning

9. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Seriously, I think Square Enix is really doing a good job on this. As a fan of the genre, this game cannot be lower than 1GB at all, I love to have the much better size of it. On a business size, tons of players can be retired after 1 hour of playing, why they need to download that 200MB when they totally don't need it...

PS: There's a network problem in my country, the cable is eaten by a shark (I think), I'm facing with super slow downloading speed right now, still waiting.... :((

10. Blayo

Blayo Active Member

Aug 15, 2015
    As of 30 minutes ago I finished the first temple and was told to restart game to download more missions. Did so and have been facing error code 12, unstable connection, since. I assume something is wrong on their end. Didn't have any issues with connection the first hour.

11. rtificial

rtificial Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    pastry chef
    Georiga
    This has a pretty in depth tutorial unlike the previous FF game. So far it's neat. I dunno if I got lucky but I drew Valkyrie from Valkyrie profile as a card. Man I love that game.

Feel free to add me. Rtificial

I'll be bouncing between this and the other FF game.

12. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    It could be an excellent game, but the explorable world is not like the others, can only get from one place to another, without any examination. In addition to Square Enix has not yet understood that we do not like the vertical games, rpg and other kinds of games we like to play with the phone lying as it becomes more comfortable and can be used mfi gamepads. the game has everything to be good, but Square Enix in recent months has not taken quality content, only mediocre in my opinion and given its shortcomings games, this is just one more.
    Another unfortunate game of doing nothing (history, road map and other just makes the machine), attack with few options and almost without looking at the screen. Or exploration, or interaction with the world, or with characters, and dialogues between peers, or missions, or submissions ... you limit yourself to follow the direction on the map pointing you, unable to control the character or anything.
    why not promote this shit because both FF has nothing. ####! Both struggle to make a full-fledged RPG? Do you shits serve graphics when simply can see and can not interact with anything?

13. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Lol, there's always flappy bird I suppose ;).. But if we want to get to the point where console quality games are a viable option, I'm glad there are games that provide a greater level of complexity

14. AppWhore

Dec 24, 2008
    Aside from the moaning (some from me) that'll be coming the game itself is really interesting with the first boss making me think, come back with tactics and a decent sense of reward.
    The story looks to be engaging and delivered in small enough doses to keep those like me, with no patience for these things, moving along nicely.

15. AppWhore

Dec 24, 2008
    Yeah it's defiantly NOT a full on FF game. Feet squarely in the mobile gaming camp #

16. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    but that does not excuse the failures that brings this game. There are mobile games that have excellent quality, but I've been buying Square Enix game for mobile for years and made quality titles, but this year has just thrown trash, the only good that I released is final fantasy ix which does not even is valid for which it is a game playstation 1

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Any company, no matter how big can fail in their next release. That said, our kind of assessment of this type failure is pretty subjective. Im sure some people will actually like it. It's just pretty casual, not the usual FF monster that we have known and loved over the years... A spinoff if you may.

So technically, it isnt a failure... It just isnt for you.

18. Skinypupy

Skinypupy Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Says you. I thought both Brave Exvius and KH Unchained were a blast and Mobius looks to continue in the same vein.

First impressions:
    - Absolutely beautiful. Production values are off the chart here.
    - Music is fantastic
    - Voice actors all sound bored
    - After running through what felt like 83 tutorials, I still have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Looking forward to figuring it all out though.
    - Combat is pretty fun, especially if you actually play it instead of just doing "Auto"
    - Story is squarely in the "we'll see" camp. Seems pretty generic
    - Very similar to Square's other social RPG's (Record Keeper, KH Unchained, Brave Exvius). If you didn't like those, you won't like this. People expecting a full-fledged console style JRPG will be sorely disappointed...any highly vocal about it, I expect.

19. AppWhore

Dec 24, 2008
    The friend adding seems to use a code you can find on the social page under Friend ID search, mine for example is

20ad 28c3 8f8f

Y'all can add away (got a nice lvl 16 card, others seem to have 3s)